C1: Wrecker

Wrecking Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"How much?"

 

"$10K"

 

"Here are the pictures of the couple I want you to break up." She said sliding the pictures over

 

Dara picked up the pictures and left the restaurant pulling her hoodie over her head, covering her face even more.

 

Dara's Pov

 

"Hey Ma! I'm back!"

 

"Hey Darling!" My mother replied as I walked over to the couch where she was siting on

 

"How was chemotherapy today?" I said as I sat down on the couch next to her giving her a hug and a kiss on her cheek.

 

"Tiring but I'm fine. How was work?"

 

"Fine. I've got a new customer today." I lied to my mum. 

 

She doesn't need to know what I am doing so she can get the treatment she needs. 

 

"I'm going to start school tomorrow. I'll have to get up early, so goodnight ma" I stood up from the couch and walked to my room.

 

As I closed the door to my room, I threw myself on my bed before letting myself drift off into deep thoughts. 

 

Why do the kindest people have to go through the toughest situations? Why can't ma just live like any normal person, not having to go through chemotherapy? 

 

If I could take away the pain my mother was going through, I would do it in a heartbeat. But my dad just had to leave her when he found out she had cancer because he was too much of a jerk to pay for treatment. 

 

Now, I have to work as a home wrecker. I've never liked home wreckers, knowing that that was another reason why ny father left my mother and I in the first place. But if this was what I had to do to give my mother treatment, I would do it.

 

My mother's cancer is getting better by the day. She has gotten all the treatment she needs and the cancer is going away. If I lost my mother, I don't know what I would have become. She is the only person I have left and I will do anything to make sure she stays alive as long as possible. 

 

As the thoughts go through my head, I slowly drift off to dreamland.

 

Next Day...

 

I woke up to my alarm clock ringing.

 

I hate school. People at school know what I do for survival. My mother does not need to know what I am working as, all she needs to do it get better. For all she knows, I work as a designer considering the fact that I study fashion designing.

 

I got ready for school and walked into the kitchen picking up an apple before walking to my mother's room informing her that I was leaving for school.

 

As I walked out of the front door, was greeted by my best friend, Bom, siting in her car with a scowl.

 

As I walked to her, she turned to face me, her face turning from a scowl into a bright smile.

 

"Hey girlfriend" she said making me cringe. She knew I hated her calling me 'girlfriend' but she still does it anyway.

 

"Stop calling me that. You know I hate it" I said as I got into her car.

 

She ignored me and sped off towards school. She knows that I am working as a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter