First

Wander Alone

I walked around, alone, in the middle of the night, can't sleep due to the insomnia that i got since high school. Wandering alone is my favourite activity every night as the cold air passed me. It always help me stay calm during the night. Being a university student just stressed me out lately. With more people trying to make me hurt, I found myself staring on the lamp post on the street. Back when i was a high school student, I used to walk around in the middle of the night, wearing my earphone. Not caring if anyone can jump on me. 

 

I was always known as a girl who could never sleep. A girl who always walking alone. A girl who is antisocial. Everyone is avoiding me for that one particular reason. They thought I was a creep. A creep who wander alone in the middle of the night, searching for a victim. I never care what they thought of me as long as my family know what I am doing. When I did my first wander, I did it quietly. I didn't let my parents know in fear that they wouldn't let me do it. When they know, they were furious. Who wouldn't if their daughter wander in the middle of the night, alone. I kept doing it again and again until they rest assured that I will be fine. Until they figured one day I will stop doing that weird habit once i hit my 20's. Obviously it didn't as it become worst.

 

On this particular night, like always, I wear my sport gear with my black hoodie wrap around my body and start my regular night walk. Looking around the stores like I am waiting for someone to just kidnap me and end my life there. I was a bit depressed that night. I can't think of anything but hope that I met someone that can just change my life on the spot. I jolted when a guy suddenly said hi to me. Right after saying to myself that I want someone to just kill me there. Does the God finally answer my prayer and thought that he had enough of me? I turn around and froze. Clearly shock that a good looking guy said hi to me.

 

He chuckles softly. His voice was as sweet as honey could be. I smiled when he smiled at me. It is like his smile is contagious. One can't help but smiles back . He hugged himself, shielding himself from the cold wind and asked me what am I doing? I kept quiet for a while and reply "doing my night routine like always."

 

"I always see you walking alone in the middle of the night like you are going on an adventure but it is not exactly an adventure if you watch closely," his answer make me froze and make me step back. He shakes his head and laughs nervously when he sees me trying to step away from him. Feeling a bit scared with the way he said.

 

"It's not what you actually think of me. I'm not a creeper. It just that I always see you around this area at this particular time, walking on your own. I always thought you are a ghost but I notice that you would wear different clothes every night. I live around this area and always end my shift around this time." he still laugh nervously and scratch his not so itchy head. I look at him weirdly and hug myself. I may look antisocial but I can easily read other people's body language but strangely, not him. He still smiles at me, brightly even. If his smile is some sort of light, I would surely blind with his smile.

 

"Oookay? Do you want something from me, mister?" With him still smiling at me, it is strange that he still doesn't tell me his name. He looks around and bows to me. Looking quite frantic. I chuckle softly and immediately, the wall that I bulit around strangers crumbled down around him.

 

"Well, you can call me Woohyun. Nam Woohyun," he smiles brightly at me and that was the first time I meet the guy that change my world entirely different with his presence. Maybe through his smiles or through his non-stop talking. I never know . Maybe, just maybe, I find him quite interesting. Just maybe.

 


 

Typing furiously on my laptop, I sigh heavily and lean on the chair. The person in front of me chuckle and push his drink to me. I didn't know after that one meeting, I would start meeting him everywhere. In university and even in all of my classes. I thought he was being creepy like I first thought he was but nope, turns out he's in the same course as I am. Same classes too yet I never see him before. Like I was, he never see me too. It figures cause I am the wallflower and outcast in every classes I'm in.

 

"Geez, calm down, Sunhee. The dateline for the assignments is like two weeks from now," he sipped his drink and watch around the cafe we're in. Yes, he keeps me company even if I ask him not to. I just let him since I trust him and plus, he's my first friend here. I don't have anyone that I know in the university except him and of course, my brother which we will talk about him later.

 

I glare at him and pout when I can't continue doing what I'm doing right now. I'm too stress and tired. I want to sleep but both of us will have class in an hour, so an hour of sleep means nothing to me. I look into my laptop and put both of my hands on the keyboard. Not long after that, i give up and shut down my laptop. Not forget to save the document. I look around boredly and find a minion of mean girls that always talk about me. They looking at me, noticing that there is someone actually friends with me. I don't know what's wrong with them.

 

I guess Woohyun notice them looking at us that he actually look at the girls back. I look at him and I was scared for a while. Scared that for a moment, the Woohyun that I saw is not the Woohyun that I know but it all disappears when he looks at me with his usual goofy smile. I sigh in relief and he looks at me strangely. Weird with my sudden sigh. I waves it off and keep talking about our days. I know that I slowly fell with his goofy smile and the way he cares for me. At the same time, I'm scared with how friendly he is with me.

 


 

Today is one of the day where I actually want to spend with my brother. Knowing my brother, he would like to sleep more than anything but I would be his exception. He would bug me to go have this silly sibling bond where we would do the regular watching movies and have dinner together. I would hate it when he always said he wants to have a sister where he can dote on. I would grimaced at the thought of him follow me around. Leaving me no space and privacy. I hit him, hard enough for him to yelp.

 

I walk ahead and see Woohyun holding a bouquet of red tulips. Smiling so brightly like always. I smiles at him back, feeling giddish with his sudden appearance. He was about to give me the bouquet when my brother hug me from behind. Trying to carry me on his shoulder. His smile turns into a frown. The frown that I never saw him doing for the past we're being friends. I hit my brother again and this time, I hit him way harder than before. I look at where Woohyun was and there's no Woohyun. It is like I was imagined things but I know I wasn't imagining things cause I know what I saw. I know Woohyun was here because i can see the bouquet near the trash.

 

I try to call him but his phone was shut off. I went panic. My brother did not know about Woohyun and he try to calm me down. Thinking that I have one of my panic attacks but I know what's making me like this. I look at my phone, try to contact Woohyun but he's not picking up. Still wearing the red dress that my brother ask me to wear, I immediately went to nearest park. Knowing that he would be there. How did I know? I just know.

 

Throwing my heels to my brother, just running barefoot looking for this one guy. I look around and find him sitting on a bench. He looks at the ground and I sit beside him. Just keeping silent for almost an hour until he looks at me. Trying to hide the pain in his face with a smile but I already know him long enough for me to know that is not his best smile. He looks at everywhere but my eyes. I can't take it anymore until I hold his face, so that he can look me in the eyes. For the first time, I saw longiness, hurt and jealousy in his eyes.

 

He chuckles softly and let go of my grip from his face. He swipes his hair upward, "did you have fun going on a date?" He plays with his hands and I know he is nervous. I was about to tell him the truth when my brother beat me to it. My brother is a well-known student, just like Woohyun does but my brother is in another department. It is not a surprise that both of them didn't know each other. He screams my name loudly, throwing my heels on the ground in front of me, looking pissed off like usual. He grunt and said "Sunhee, I am not your prince to carry around your stupid heels. Heck, I don't want to be a prince to this sister of mine." Yup, my brother is the sassy Kim Sunggyu.

 

Woohyun look at me with shock and I smile at him. "I went out with my brother for his silly sibling bond and force me to wear a dress and a pair of heels which he refused to carry it afterwards;" I snort at him and throw my heels back to him. 

 

My brother yelp and grunt, "who is this dude, lil sis?" 

 

I look at him while smiling, "my friend. I met him during one of my night walks a few months ago and he's been my friend until today. Woohyun, this is my brother, Sunggyu. Sunggyu, this is Woohyun, my one and only friend!" I hug his arm and lean my cheek on his shoulder. My brother look at me questionly but decides to keep his mouth shut.

 

"I believe I'll meet you at home and here, your bouquet," my brother gave me the bouquet that Woohyun gave me. I look at the bouquet, smiling and touch the flower's petals. My brother waves at me and I look at Woohyun.

 

"I like the flowers. How did you know that I love tulips?" he looks back at me but this time, he smiles like my regular Woohyun.

 

"Because you are as beautiful as red tulips."

 


 

A/N- Hi, guys. it's been a while i actually wrote something down and i hope this chapter wouldn't disappoint you guys. Please participate the next chapter and please love me xD i would try to do update this story everyday. love you lots