No one else but you

Forever With You

A/N: In the spirit of Halloween, this one shot is basically newly turned vampire Seulgi struggling with her new identity and her vamp gf Joohyun is trying to help her best adjust. Enjoy

 

It is the fourth night in a row where Bae Joohyun has been searching the streets for her girlfriend and now mate. Every night she has been leaving their house. And the elder vampire has been tracking her each time she goes. It never takes long for her to find the woman she loves. She’s always been hyper aware of her and all things that concern her other half.

 

One night she found her at her old apartment complex. Sitting on the roof, gazing out to the city streets. Joohyun understood though. Seulgi, her love was trying to still hold on to some former connection of her old life. For Joohyun having one of the originals, a pureblood vampire she never needed to get used to it. It was natural for her. Seulgi for the entire 24 years of her life had been a human. She was not having an easy transition period. Not, that Joohyun had turned many humans before. In fact until Seulgi she had never turned anyone.

 

The brown-haired female wants nothing more than to be able to make this easy for her. But she can’t. She can’t magically make Seulgi be fine with her new reality. All she can do is assure her of her love for her. And that she will be there as much and often as she needs her. She had met Seulgi as a human 4 years ago when she had been 20 years old. Those were much simpler times then. When Joohyun hid the fact that she was a 250 year old vampire and not the 24 year old she claimed to be. They dated seriously for 6 months before Seulgi learned the entire truth.


 

They had been at Seulgi’s apartment for a date night in. When Joohyun decided she needed to confess the truth. If, they had any hope of a real future she needed to tell her. Seulgi isn’t the first human she has ever spent time with. But she is the first one she had ever fallen in love with. The last thing she wants to do is to lose her. Seulgi, though all night has been worried about the fact that Joohyun hasn’t eaten.

 

“Hyun, you’re not hungry again?” Seulgi asks with concern.

 

Joohyun was hungry. But not for food. Seulgi’s delicious smell and the scent of her blood was so tempting. That even for an elder vampire such as herself, with a lot of control. It was hard to ignore how much she wanted to taste her.

 

“Seul, baby. I love you, you know that right?”

 

“Yes. I love you too Hyun. Is there something wrong?”

 

“No, well I don’t know yet. I have something important I need to tell you.”

 

“Okay.” Seulgi nods.

 

“I love you a lot. I’ve never loved anyone before this, so it’s much more intense for me. I also don’t want to lose you.” she admits.

 

“You won’t.” Seulgi promises. “Just say it okay, whatever it is. I’m sure it will be fine.”

 

Seulgi sounds so reassuring. Her tone is calm as always and it makes Joohyun feel like she can tell her. So she does as quickly as possible.

 

“I’m not human.”

 

“What?”

 

“I’m not a human Seulgi, not like you are.”

 

The monolid woman blinks. “You’re not human?” she repeats. Maybe Joohyun is joking and getting an early Halloween prank out.

 

“No. I’m a vampire, so I’m not actually 4 years older than you. I’m a lot older than you are.”

 

“Um, okay I’ll play along. How much older are you?”

 

Seulgi thinks she is kidding. She is most definitely not kidding. “I am 230 years older than you.”

 

The blonde’s mouth drops in shock. “Wait, what, you’re being serious? Or are you just kidding because it’s kind of not funny.”

 

“I’m not joking Seul.” She tells her softly.

 

“You’re really a, a vampire?”

 

Joohyun nods and closes her eyes. She extends her fangs in the process and instead of warm chocolate eyes that Seulgi has become used to. They are now a liquid, honey yellow color.

 

“You…” she backs up some.

 

“Are you afraid now? I’m sorry.” Joohyun apologizes.

 

“No, no I’m just surprised. I mean, vampires aren’t supposed to be real. They are supposed to be in the movies or uh, books and…” Joohyun places her hand to her face.

 

“We’re real. The movies don’t do us justice.” She smiles softly. “Please don’t be afraid Seulgi. I would never hurt you. But I needed to tell you the truth. I am so in love with you.”

 

“Well, at least I know why you’re always so cold all the time.” She jokes to lighten up the mood some. “I love you too though Joohyun, vampire goddess or not.” she promises with a soft kiss to her face.


 

They didn’t break up after that confession. There was a time of adjustment for them, what it meant to be dating a 250 year old vampire as a human was definitely something to get used to officially. Seulgi had to get used to the fact that sometimes Joohyun needed to feed. Something that Joohyun had tried to protect her from as much as possible. One of their most intimate of moments occurred when Seulgi, sensing how very hungry Joohyun was allowed her to feed from her. That was a moment of the utmost trust. Since Joohyun could have lost control over the deliciously sweet taste of her love. Only she didn’t and the couple were actually able to solidify their relationship with that moment.

 

Often, though Joohyun did wonder if Seulgi would leave her. If she was in fact scared of her although she said she wasn’t. Seulgi never left her and assured her that nothing would change how she felt either. And, now there wouldn’t be any leaving on either of their parts now. They were each others soulmates and partners for eternity.

 

Tonight, Joohyun has tracked her down to the Han River. The currently dark-haired female is sitting cross legged just gazing out to the water.

 

“You always find me” Seulgi whispers, with back turned.

 

“I always know where you are sweetheart.” She assures her. “Are you feeling okay?”

 

The newly turned vampire turns, with her now bright colored honey eyes on to Joohyun. The brunette makes her way over to Seulgi, caressing her face first. She knows that she isn’t physically hurt in anyway but she still has the habit of checking. Seulgi avoids her gaze.

 

“Look at me Seul.” The elder, gently lifts her head so they can look at one another.

 

“Hyun,”

 

“Talk to me. How can I help?”
 

“I don’t know if you can Hyunnie. It’s not easy being a vampire now.” She admits. “I went passed my best friends bakery today. And it was so hard not to go in. Will it always be this way?”

 

Joohyun takes her love into her arms. She runs her fingers through dark locks. “No, you just need the time to get used to the bloodlust. If you go around a group of humans now. It will be very hard for you to control your uge. Especially if I am not there to help.”

 

Seulgi sighs. She misses her friends and her old life. She misses being able to feel normal too. “This is so hard Hyun.”

 

“I know, honey. But, please know that I am here for you and I love you.”

 

One thing though, despite the difficulty she has been having. Seulgi loves Joohyun too, so much.

 

“I love you too.” she tells her.


 

One major adjustment that Seulgi hasn’t gotten used to is the desire for blood. The new desire that replaces her normal hunger for food. So she’ll ignore her cravings until it becomes too much. To the point where it causes physical pain for her. The new vampire is laid in bed, thrashing around battling with her constant hunger.

 

“No…” She weakly groans. The intense pain is coming on, washing over her in strong waves. Trying so hard to ignore her new instinct of wanting blood. To feel the sensation of her fangs digging into flesh it’s overwhelming. Joohyun, having already sensed her partner’s distress even though she was out. Hurries through their bedroom door. To see her lover in pain hurts her.

 

“Seulgi.”

 

“No, no stay away.” She sounds so weak, too weak.

 

“Baby, stop it.” She straddles the dark-haired female. Holding her down from the constant thrashing. Seulgi’s eyes are a deep, crimson red. Joohyun has seen what happens to a vampire who is starving. And this is sure a sign as she has ever seen. It’s worse for Seulgi who is still getting used to this. For her, she could deal with her hunger for a longer time before eventually consuming her.

 

“You’re hungry. You need to eat Seul.”

 

“No. I don’t want to.” She still tries to fight it. Joohyun is torn up over the amount of pain she is in. She can’t bare it.

 

“Honey, please.” Joohyun begs, actually begs her. “You have to eat. Trying to fight your hunger could kill you.” She offers over her wrist. Seulgi, is unable to tear herself away from pale, creamy skin. She can hear Joohyun’s blood moving within her. And she is so desperately hungry. With fangs extended Seulgi hesitantly reaches out.

 

“Go on, it’s okay.” The brunette urges. her dark locks. Seulgi looks hesitant but still sinks her fangs into Joohyun’s wrist. Drinking as much as she possibly could, to quell her hunger.

 

“Just, eat baby. You can’t starve like this anymore.”

 

Seulgi, slowly retracts her fangs. She is still not used to the metallic taste of the blood that fills . She misses the taste of actual food, even though her body no longer craves for it.

 

“Hyunnie, why did you turn me?” She whispers tiredly.

 

The elder vampire is cradling her lover in her arms, placing kisses against her forehead.

 

“You know why I did Seul.”
 

Seulgi does know. They never had to have this conversation before, as words were never really necessary for either of them to understand one another.

 

“You should have just let me….”

 

“No!” Joohyun cuts her off. “Don’t say it, don’t even finish those words. I couldn’t lose you. You were dying baby. You were dying in my arms that night. You’re the only thing that means anything to me Seulgi. I couldn’t let you die.”


 

It still haunts her. The night her love was dying in her arms. Seulgi, just a human then had been run over that evening and left for dead by a drunk driver. A driver whom Joohyun found and ended him. He nearly took the most precious person to her so he had to pay with his life. No other option was acceptable for the vampire. Overwrought by her emotions that she had never felt before. The vampire carried her back to her home. Seulgi was dying right before her very eyes. She couldn’t allow it.

 

“Seul, honey can you talk to me?” she asks.

 

“Hyun, I’m not going….to….”

 

“Shh, you won’t die. I will not let you.”

 

She gazes at Seulgi’s neck her rapidly weakening heart beat. If it’s a matter of having her live then she can’t hesitate. She remembers the exact moment she sank her fangs into her. The blood curling scream that escaped Seulgi’s mouth is one that Joohyun will never forget. She remembers kissing lingering tears away. Whispering to her that she would survive the transformation. When Joohyun thought Seulgi had died the following morning. And that she had finished killing her. That she had killed her. She had wanted to die right along with her. There was no more point if she couldn’t be with Seulgi anymore.

 

“I’m sorry sweetie.” she apologized. Thinking she killed the woman she loved, until Seulgi awakened as a new vampire. Bright, honey colored eyes instead of her warm brown. And her new “life” so to speak had begun.

 

Things were still difficult for her, since that time has passed.

 

“I know that it wasn’t your choice to be turned. I just couldn’t let you die Seulgi. I love you more than anything.”

 

“I know you do. And I love you too Joohyun, I’m sorry about this.”

 

“No, don’t apologize. You will adjust to everything with time. I promise you.”

 

“Well, at least we’ll never age.” Seulgi jokes to lighten up the mood. Making Joohyun smile too.

 

“No, you’ll be 24 forever Seul.”

 

“And you still look like you’re 20. You’re so beautiful Hyunnie.” She tells her, with hands in her brown locks.

 

“If I were human you would have me blushing all the time.” She can already picture it. She’d have the most serious red cheeks each time Seulgi said she was beautiful. Since Seulgi told her practically every day and it still doesn’t get old.

 

“You are though.”

 

“No, you’re the most beautiful person I have ever laid eyes on. And, the best part is that you’re all mine Seulgi.”


 

From that moment on Seulgi doesn’t starve herself anymore. She still isn’t used to the steely taste of blood. She still misses the taste of food and her best friends. Tonight she is on the roof of Joohyun’s mansion. Her thoughts travel between her old life and new one. She doesn’t know when she will finally be used to being vampire Seulgi and stop missing human Seulgi. Yet, her reason for being and wanting to even be here in this world is coming towards her.

 

“You really like high places.” Joohyun, smiles softly and comes over. She back hugs her other half. Who leans back into her touch, holding her hand.

 

“I think it’s a vampire thing.”

 

“No, sweetie. I think this is all a Seulgi thing.” she playfully teases.

 

And hearing that makes Seulgi laugh, genuinely laugh. For Joohyun to hear her laugh again means so much. She was worried she had robbed her of her smile and her laugh, the minute she changed her life.

 

“You’re laughing.”

 

“Yea, I’m still figuring out vampire me and letting go of human me.”

 

“Hey.” The brunette softly turns her face to hers for a kiss. “You don’t have to give that up, your memories or feelings from your life as a human. You just need to be Seulgi, okay. My amazing, sweet wonderful Seulgi.” She kisses her again.

 

“Thank you. I am so grateful for you Bae Joohyun.”

 

“I am even more grateful that you love me too, Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi then turns around fully so she can wrap the elder vampire in a hug. Joohyun doesn’t hesitate to return the hug.

 

“Hey, want to know something Hyunnie.”

 

“What, sweetie?”

 

“If I’m going to spend my forever with anyone. I would never want it to be with anyone else than you. I love you.”

 

“You won’t have to, you’re spending forever with me Seulgi, and more. Forever isn’t long enough with how much I love and want to be with you.” She promises with soft kisses against her neck. Seulgi will adjust and they will have their happily ever after, because they are with the person they wish to spend their forever with. And nothing would ever change their minds about it.

 

“Forever with you sounds pretty good.” Seulgi admits.

 

“It sounds amazing.” Joohyun tells her. “I can’t wait to spend forever with you.”


 

A/N: K, So my sorta contribution to halloween. It could have been better, but it turned out decent enough. Thanks for reading.