Why Me

The Clan’s Rebellion

Rain. It's been raining for the past few weeks. Junhee looked to the sky and wondered if all the rain was going to end up causing floods. 'Honestly I'm worried about the ones who have no homes, but sadly her little family can barely support ourselves.' She looked to my little sister whose hand was linked to hers. 

 

"Unnie! Look! Pretty doll," Jae-eun pointed to a shop's window. She slightly dragged her sister to look at it, "is it too expensive?" 

 

This one little question broke the older girl's heart. 'Jae-eun shouldn't have to worry about the price of something. She should be living freely.' Junhee took a look at the price tag knowing that it was going to cost too much.

 

"I'm sorry dear, but it is too expensive. We need that money for other things, but I promise you I'll make you an even prettier doll. Okay?" 

 

Hearing those words Jae-eun's little sad face quickly brightened and she jumped and gave Junhee quite a big hug for her small size. The older swiftly picked the girl up and swung her around, but the happiness was soon cut short with the sound of gun shots near by. 

 

 Jae-eun looked to Junhee with a scared expression. Even though these sounds were a daily occurrence, the little one was still frightened by them. The elder just forced a smile to hopefully comfort her sister's fears. 

 

"It's okay, love. Those were probably just some bad people who disobeyed. We're safe," Junhee held the girl tightly and began to speed walk home as the shots became closer. 

 

The sounds of yelling and guns firing only came closer. Junhee was now in between jogging and running to hopefully get farther away from the commotion, but the gun shots were still closing in. It's like they were following them. Though she knew they weren't, but there was still that fear. 

 

As the disturbance got louder; Junhee wanted to see who the Peace Officers were after. She turned her head, but as soon as she did she wished she didn't. 

 

She saw a group of three boys running with dust masks to cover their faces, duffle bags in hand, and behind them were the Peace Officers. The guns were a lot closer than she wished to know and looking back caused her to slow and nearly freeze in fear. 

 

She had never been so close to a gun before. Yeah her parents were Officers, but they had to leave all weapons in the armory after their shift. 

 

Her max speed was a slow jog which caused the group to come closer. And with one shot everything seemed to turn to slow motion. She could see the bullet flying towards her. As soon as the flying projectile embedded into her shoulder Junhee screamed in pain. It was high pitched and blood curdling. Her scream caused the firing to cease. 

 

She nearly fell on top of her baby sister, but was able to flip around in time to assure the young one's safety. 

 

Breathing was painful and vision began to cloud. All she could hear were the cries of Jae-eun and the yelling of men. 

 

    "Look who you shot! An innocent bystander!" This yell was the only one close enough for her to actually make sense of. Everything else sounded muffled. 

 

Junhee felt a weight be lifted off her chest. She wanted to protest, but she was too weak to do so. All that came out were whimpers and whines. She sounded like a hurt puppy. A few seconds later she felt herself being lifted off the ground and the warmth of the new protection slightly comforted her. 

 

New gunfire was heard, but it sounded different from the Peace Officers' firearms. It was slow and uneven unlike the fast machines of the government. 

 

A slight breeze could be felt. Whoever was carrying her was running. 

 

She could hear sister was still crying. "Jae-eun... Jae-eun," she was interrupted by a cough. 

 

"Don't speak. Jae-eun is okay. She's with my friend. She's fine," the man who carried her said, "the bad people aren't following us anymore and we're almost to safety, so please just hang on for a bit." She nodded to his command as she was in no position to argue.

 

Eyes slowly shutting and all she could hear was the sound of the man's insanely quick heartbeat. It was surprisingly comforting and was slowly lulling her to sleep. 

 

"Ah crap! Shownu-hyung! We need to pick up the pace we're losing her!" 

 

"Changkyun, it's just right around the corner, so don't worry we're almost there," Shownu replied. 

 

Shownu looked to the other girl they had. She was still wailing, "Wonho, can you please find away to comfort the poor child." 

 

"I'm trying! Where's Minhyuk or Jooheon when you need them?" He looked to the sky as he sent his question. 

 

After a few more minutes of sprinting the group reached a medium sized, rundown looking house. Shownu slammed the door open startling the four sitting around a table snacking. 

 

"Yah, Kihyun we have one injured, gunshot," he pointed to the young woman in Changkyun's arms. "Minhyuk, Jooheon please cheer up the poor child," he motioned to Wonho.

 

Kihyun's doctor instincts immediately took over, "Hyunwon, clear the table and get me a bowl of water. Shownu, I need a knife and a candle. Wonho, get the thread and needle," he gave the orders, but apparently they weren't moving fast enough, "Faster! I need everything NOW!" 

 

With that one yell everyone was sent into double speed. All the food cleared off the table and Junhee laying on it in five seconds flat. A knife and a lit candle were by his side a millisecond later. 

 

 Kihyun ripped open the back of her shirt and sterilized the knife as quickly as he could and began digging the bullet out. Blood pouring out of the wound, it looked like a red waterfall. "Where's my needle and sutures?!"

 

"Uh... I found the needle..., but we're out of that thread.. all we have is fishing wire.."

 

"Shownu! I had surgical thread on the shopping list! Why the hell didn't you get it!" An angry Kihyun shouted.

 

Shownu look down awkwardly, "you made

A list?" 

 

"Aish... whatever. The fishing line will work. I need alcohol," finally he found the bullet," Ah !" The usually level headed man yelled. One slip of the small knife turned this intense situation to near disaster, "I nicked the artery!" Blood now squirting out the fairly large wound. 

 

"My Gosh.. what kind of gun did this...?" Minhyuk placed a hand over his mouth.

 

"The Peace Officers' new standard issue. It's tons bigger than their old one. Ever since that new Peace Chief was appointed their weapons have been getting mighty scary," Changkyun answered the question as he stared at the unconscious girl getting fixed up. 

 

"Here's the alcohol," Hyungwon placed the bottle next to Kihyun.

 

"Poor some on that cloth for me and start cleaning the outside of the wound. I almost got this damn artery clamped, but she's lost a lot of blood," kihyun glanced around,"yah! Jooheon see if that little girl knows her blood type." As soon as that was said he began his work again. 

 

Jooheon was holding litte Jae-eun and bouncing her on his knee, "hey that's your sister right?" He earned a nod, "do you know her blood type by any chance?" 

 

Another nod was received, "my family always told me to memorize their blood type, just in case something bad went down. I'm A and everyone else is an O. I have a different mommy from them, but same daddy," she smiled, proud that she remembered. 

 

"She's an O," Jooheon repeated.

 

Minhyuk decided to try and lighten everyone up with a small joke. " well Lucky her, four out of us have O, so she has practically has a blood bank right here." He got a couple of light chuckles, but mainly everyone was focused on the wounded girl. 

 

"Alright, Changkyun do you remember when I taught you how to find veins? Well I need you to grab the blood transfusion kit and I need you to find a vein on her and begin the process," Kihyun ordered. 

 

The younger ran off to the well organized supply room and quickly found the needed kit. He rushed back to the main room. Pulling out a smallest needle, he figured her veins would be tiny, and began his work. 

 

Junhee's veins were not easy to find or pierce. They were deep and would roll the when he finally found one it popped. "Dang, she must be dehydrated or something. Her veins aren't cooperating very well," Changkyun complained, but as soon as he said that he got one, "yes! Alright, Hyung just tell me when I need to switch with someone, okay?" 

 

Kihyun nodded as Changkyun quickly stuck himself. Kihyun taught everyone how to draw and transfer blood because if he's not around and if they need to do it they will know how. The youngest was the best at it though. It came naturally to him.

 

"Okay Hyungwon you can stop cleaning the blood up. Go wash your hands and get more rags. I need to start cleaning the inside," Hyungwon did as told, "Shownu? Can you get me some clean water?" 

 

"Yes," and the Shownu bear jogged to the kitchen and filled up another bowl with clean water. "Here you go." 

 

"Thanks," he said as he dipped a clean cloth and slowly began to flush out the wound.

 

Jooheon and Minhyuk were happily playing with the new kid. Making her giggle and try to forget about the tragic events earlier. 

 

"Hey, Jae-eun, what's your sister's name?" Minhyuk questioned.

 

"Ah! Her name is Junhee!" The little girl smiled. "I also have an older brobro and two older sisters! The sisters are twins!" 

 

Jooheon smiled, "that's super cool! Do you happen to know your address?" 

 

The little girl's smile faltered, "no... that's why I was with Junie, so I wouldn't get lost." Her tummy let out a low growl, "new oppas I'm hungry..."

 

"Ah don't worry we'll get you some food. Wonho-oppa will go cut you an apple. Right Wonho?" Minhyuk gained a soft glare from Wonho as he stomped off the the kitchen.

 

Jae-eun looked to Minhyuk with an expression of bewilderment, "you have apple?! I've never had one! They are expensive! How did you get them!?" 

 

Everyone, but Kihyun, looked to the girl with a sad expression. They knew that the world was struck by poverty, but to not be able to buy a simple fruit was heart breaking.

 

"Well you'll get to try one now. They are super good and I think you'll like them," Jooheon forced a smile. 

 

"Hyungwon, can you thread the needle for me? I'm almost done cleaning. Also Changkyun you can switch with someone. Jooheon. We need your blood get over here." 

 

Jooheon gave Jae-eun to Minhyuk  and walked over. "Hyung... aren't you almost done? Why do you need more?" He whined.

 

"Because I was careless. Now stop being a big baby and let Changkyun stab you." 

 

The youngest smiled, "don't worry Honey she probably only needs a little more, so you're not loosing that much." He quickly cleaned the needle and stuck his friend. 

 

Jooheon let out a small yelp, "gosh I hate this.." 

 

"Well it up buttercup," Kihyun had as he finished up the sutures, "damm... I hope they down size their weapons... this hole is almost too large..." 

 

Shownu walked up to the bunch, "Changkyun, why don't you change shirts now... your all covered in blood."

 

The youngest looked down and began to walk to his room when he heard the dreaded question being asked, "do you think she'll wake up?" 

 

"I don't know.. she lost a lot of blood. We'll have to watch and wait." 

 

Changkyun sighed. He hated the government. The Peace Officers never have any remorse for hurting the innocent. 

 

•-•-•-•

 

That's the end of chapter one! I'm sorry it's so long, but I hope you somewhat enjoyed it. I enjoyed writing it and I'm going to have much fun with this story. I hope you will too. Also I have a very basic medical knowledge, so please don't cringe at all the mistakes. That's all for now! See you all soon.