A Day To Remember - A One Shot Story

A Day To Remember -- One Shot Story (This Heart Beats for You series)

He drove easily, confidently weaving in and out of the traffic. After a short while, they passed the city line and the drive became easier. She sat on the passenger seat,  bopping and humming along with the music blasting from the radio, unaware of his stares. She's so lovely, my Bo Young-ie, he thought. She had on a little off white cardigan, under which she wore a rose sundress decorated with little bursts of white flowers along the hem. It was a simply styled cut, but it showed off her lithe frame, accentuating her small waist and figure. He was appreciating the view from where he sat. Her dress ended mid-thigh, showing him a bit of leg peeking from the blanket she had draped for cover.  For a petite lady, Bo Young has beautifully proportioned legs; her well shaped thighs and calves were toned but not muscular,  tapering into dainty ankles. She could give tall leggy models a run for their money. And those high platform heels she would usually wear for events only served to put them on better display.

"Hyung Sik-kie..." He heard her voice intoned reprimandingly. "Let's not get into an accident," she admonished.

He smiled sheepishly at being caught. "Mian, you're just too beautiful." He reached over to hold her hand.

She smiled, loving his compliments, his touch. She held his hands in both of hers and leaned on his shoulder the rest of their drive.

.

.

They reached Yongin Forest Resort, also known as Yongin Recreational Forest. The place boasts an arboretum and gardens with varying array of plants. She's read about the the beautiful flowering tree gardens and was excited to finally make the trip to see the sights for herself. It was also the perfect time to visit as the summer season has just end, and the sightseeing crowds have reduced considerably. She had told Hyung Sik she had been wanting to visit and he was more than happy to comply. They had packed a blanket and a basketful of food for a day picnic.

Yongin Forest Resort is beautiful even at this time of the year; during spring time when it is the height of tourist season, the place is packed with sightseers from all over the country. It boasts trails for the avid hikers, places for camping, ziplining for the more adventurous, and even bungalows for lodgers to stay. But the draw has always been the nature garden where colorful flowers and trees abound offering the weary tourists a respite from the daily hectic of city life. 

Hyung Sik was delighted to see his Bo Young exclaim at every beautiful scenery they passed by. Her pleasure was evident as she gushed at the flowers, the cabins dotting the country side, and at the brook babbling over the rocks that jut along the paths. They walked on wooden plank bridges which traversed the recreational area,  the trees flanking both sides providing them shelter from the sun. 

They settled on a spot to have their picnic underneath a fragrant hinoki cypress tree. Hyung Sik laid down the blanket and helped her down to sit. She leaned back on the tree while he laid his head on her lap. They are such a picture perfect couple, with the back drop of colorful flowers and shrubberies surrounding them, breeze lightly ruffling her long hair, with faint streams of sunlight peaking through the canopy of leaves that served as a cover. Her hand is softly caressing his hair, his elfin ears, tracing his brows and nose and the cupid bow of his perfect lips. He held her other hand to his chest, looking up at her with obvious adoration at the way the sunlight seem to catch the highlights in her hair, the soft smile that plays on her kissable lips, the way she looks back at him tenderly and lovingly. 

Bo Young is likewise enamored. She could not help but wonder how this man, this handsome man has fallen head over heels in love with her, when she has always regarded herself to be more cute than beautiful, too short, certainly not voluptuous, and far from the supermodel y type men seem to prefer. And yet, here she is, with this wonderful man she has had a crush on since ages ago, holding hands with him, being loved by him. She bent down to give him a light feathery kiss.  

Hyung Sik is quite content to be the recipient of such affection considering Bo Young isn't the most expressive person when out in public. She tends to be shy rather than ebullient. He didn't mind the secret skinships. He loves to , to make her blush. And he loves how easily he could make her blush with just a glance. He would turn those lethal piercing stares her way and he would be rewarded by the immediate delicate pink coloring her cheeks, the way she would shyly drop her eyes after failing to hold his gaze. But she has power over him too. Those instances that she did manage to hold her own and stare back intently at him, meeting his gaze heat for heat, he would be the one caught breathless and inflamed. 

That light kiss she bestowed was but a prologue. He sat up to face her, right arm on her side, fencing her in place; his left hand lifting her chin to meet his lips. He kissed her gently, their lips brushing each other almost like a slow tantalizing caress. When Bo Young responded to his kisses by bringing her hand to his neck as if to anchor him in place, he tilted his head to kiss her more thoroughly. Their lips locked and everything else around them became a blur. Nothing else mattered but the sensation each brought forth from the other. Cheeks hollowed, tongues melded in this breathtaking fiery kiss. They set the air around them ablazed it was a wonder their surroundings were not scorched in the process.

After a few breathless minutes, they parted; eyes still on each other as they willed their hearts and breaths to slow their pace.

.

.

Hyung Sik was thoroughly impressed by the lavish spread of food stuff Bo Young prepared. There were mini sanwiches, egg tarts, spicy cold noodles, dumplings, and even desserts. They fed each other food in between stolen kisses and shared cups of refreshing makjeolli. Occasionally some tourists would come upon them but they sat far away enough not to be fully recognizable. They took selcas and pictures of each other. Their phones are a gold mine of lovely photographs of them together. Hyung Sik was too tempted at times to share their pictures; so smitten is he and eager to show off his lovely girl just like any typical boy in love. But he knew they still need to maintain some secrery for their own safety and security even though he wanted the whole wide world to know. Bo Young was perfectly content to be in hiding. She would and say he is too obvious sometimes that he never needed to say anything at all. Their close circle of friends seem to know about their pairing without them having to say a word.

.

They drove back in the evening, reaching her house just after the sun has set. Ever the gentleman, Hyung Sik helped her put away their picnic stuff. They had such a lovely time together he did not want to leave and say goodnight. 

"Do you want some company," he asked feigning innocence. "I can stay; I don't want you to be lonesome."

She chuckled at his transparency. "We both have early engagements in the morning. But I should be done in the afternoon. You can come over when you're done; I promise I'll wait for you here." She placed her arms around his waist then looked up at him, batting her eyelashes and giving him a coquettish look.

"Aissh, if you keep giving me that look, I swear I will never go home." He grinned and made a reach to cup her face. 

She grinned back and flirted some more, enjoying teasing him. "I don't want you to go home either but you must. You can have one kiss before you go."

"One kiss, huh?" He had a naughty gleam in his eyes. "I better make it count. Come here."

"You act like you've been deprived all this time," she laughs. She pretended to give him just a little peck on the lips but Hyung Sik was too fast. He held onto her, made a quick half turn so that she was now braced on one side of the wall. She gasped as his lips caught hers in a fervent kiss. He enjoyed how soft her lips felt on his, the sweet taste of , the shyness she still exudes whenever he kissed her passionately. And the slow shudder of her response was like pouring fuel to the fire coursing in his veins. 

Her arms tightened around him reflexively. His kisses never fail to make her feel weak and incoherent. She wonders how he could make her heart leap in bounds, and turn her insensible to everything else but him. Her hand reached out to touch his neck, and she let her fingers trail a heated path to his chest, exposed by the vee of his shirt. She could feel him respond to her caresses, as he coaxed open to deepen the kiss. Her hand grasps his shirt helplessly as they they both drown in the sensations of each other.

They were both panting for air when they broke apart. They stood frozen-- his forehead resting on hers, their faces barely inches apart, breaths mingling still. Nothing else existed outside of them in the here and now. Even time stood still. And in this silence the only sound they could hear was the beating of their hearts in tandem.

.

.

.