so please, just don't leave me.♡

you've got the best of me. ♡

✿ hoseok's pov.

its one of the worst days hoseok's had in his entire life, he feels as he sighs painfully, running a free hand through his dripping wet hair, from the heavily pouring rain which started not too long ago and so suddenly. a huge and beautiful bouquet of white and red roses he grasps weakly, letting it dangle at his side as he tries to take a look around. through all the blur he finally spots what he'd been looking for, and briskly walks down the sidewalk so he can toss the bouquet into the nearest bin in sight. he stares blankly at the roses inside the bin for a minute before quickly wiping at his eyes with a sleeve and taking a deep, shuddering breath.

he's close to his apartment from here from the looks of it but he doesn't really want to return there right now, so he simply continues his walk down the avenue with a heavy heart.

there's not many places open during this time, because its around seven something in the evening already but he does finally stop in front of a café which is strangely still looking as if it's open, the sign at the door confirming it too and its really bright. he curiously peeks through the window, and although there's no customers in sight he can make out a single figure working at the counter.

he ponders if he should try either way, a coffee or something warm to drink would be so good right now, he thinks biting his bottom lip and then shrugs a little before he tries the door, which (still, surprisingly) opens with a little chime signaling softly of the new customer.

the figure behind the counter stills from their bent over and slightly swaying from side to side position, probably organizing the cups from the looks of the neatly arranged and shining cups atop a huge tray, which rests beside the register.

"Um, hello? s-sorry." speaks up hoseok hesitantly, shyly and taking slow steps towards the counter. "You guys are still open, or?" he asks with a curious tilt of his head, straining his neck to take a better look at the other, who seems unaware of his presence if the humming and slow dancing is anything to go by. he tries his best not to chuckle, and has to cover his mouth in order to contain it. he thinks he spots a tail. wait, a wha– a tail? he blinks.

❀ kihyun's pov.

humming, a headphone in one ear playing his favorite song as he arranges some more napkins and paper cups below the counter onto the shelves hidden there, kihyun is so carried away with work he doesn't even hear the door open or its soft chime at first, nor does he really keep track of the time he's spent doing little chores around the place.

he freezes at once, at the voice above him and secretly glances at the clock behind him, which reads that its already seven thirty in the evening.

he feels like banging his head against a wall, what was he doing? he cursed quietly inside his head for getting so carried away and straightened, peeking above the counter at the other as his fluffy ears, his light brown hamster ears twitched in slight worry about how he'd nearly messed up - what if it had been a burglar or something? he gulps. standing up fully and flashing the stranger a small smile, he gives a soft shake of his head to signal a no.

"No, I'm sorry. we were suppose to be closed two hours ago, however it's only me who's left right now and because I got carried away I must have forgotten to turn the sign which says we're closed. we open at seven thirty tomorrow, though if you'd like to come again?" he explained quietly and apologetically, as he runs his fingers lightly through the back of his head, messing up even more his bright pink colored hair.

the other man nods slightly in understanding, his mouth forming a silent 'o' as he then tries to return the smile. it's kind of strained, kihyun takes note and really takes in the other's appearance, then. dripping from head to toe and soaked thoroughly from the bad storm which had worsened as the evening progressed, his eyes puffy and red like the other had been crying for a long time, he looked completely wrecked despite trying to smile reassuringly. it tugged at kihyun's heart, to see someone so broken like that. he saw the same image before though, even recently as his parents had passed away - in the mirror, of himself. he can tell for certain that the man's not troubled only for being surprised by the bad weather.

kihyun sighs softly and quietly, having the sudden urge to embrace the man, and while the other turns to take his leave, he's quick to call, "Wait! actually, you could stay a little while, I guess. 'til the storm lessens if you'd like? it's dangerous if you'd go out now." he explained quickly and blushed slightly after the outburst. yoo kihyun, why do you have to be so weird?, he thought as he mentally groans and wished the ground would swallow him whole already.

the man turns and looks to kihyun with his eyes slightly widened in surprise and then his mouth falls open in shock, "But, is it really okay? what if you get in trouble for this?" he asks uncertainly.

"It's okay, I'm sure I won't. the shop belongs to my aunt, you see - and I'm sure she won't mind at all when I explain, because in this weather I won't be able to go home either and she'd be really mad should I let you go, too. so, please, stay for a while if you want." he breathes out as to stop his ramble, smiling warmly instead and gesturing to the tables spread around.

the other returns a small and gentle smile and reaches over to poke one of his ears affectionately, something like recognition sparkling in his eyes. "Thanks, Kihyunnie. come and join me too though, okay? I'll have a mocha."

"Ah, how do you know my name?" he murmurs quietly, voice filled with confusion as he watches the other's retreating back heading towards a table at the far back. he scratches lightly at his cheek in deep thought before getting back to work.

an hour and a half later finds the two sitting side by side on a couch at the café, bright smiles lighting up their faces here and there as they recall fun parts of their childhood together, (they attended the same primary school for a few years, you see) a share of delicious fruit cake, the last one left between them, when two hours after that the storm has eased up and it's stopped raining too heavily, they've parked outside of hoseok's apartment and sit in kihyun's car, wanting to talk a little more but making a promise instead - to keep in touch as they exchange numbers and make a plan to meet the next day, too.

✿ hoseok's pov.

hoseok lays down at eleven thirty that night and thinks about everything that's happened that day. tears returning, gathering and falling slowly, he recalls the date he had planned with his boyfriend, their three months anniversary when he caught him kissing someone else, and when the other didn't even try to deny that he was seeing someone else, and for a long time now, even. It wasn't long but it was something really good - what they had, for hoseok only apparently. and it had really hurt, hoseok knows how easily he gets attached and that it'll be a while before he feels even remotely better.

he brushes the tears aside and exhales, pulling the covers up to his nose and closing his eyes so he'll try to sleep.

out of nowhere however a different memory pops up, from the same day - when he met up with a childhood friend, Yoo Kihyun. well, friends? they are now, but they use to bicker a lot and tease each other endlessly back then - they probably didn't like each other very much, unlike now. he smiles a genuine smile at that. he's glad he found him again, the boy hadn't changed too much, and then with the hamster characteristics; he's only known one cute hamster before like that. 

worn out and his head beginning to hurt, he closes his eyes tighter and tries to fall asleep, with kihyun's arms wrapped around him in a secure embrace still fresh on his mind, before he drove off to his own place, so warming to his heart and making it a little easier for him to breathe.

(it's where it all begins~)