Dreams

Across
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Across

Episode 1: Written

 

White and pale pink. That’s how it started.

A cold breeze, a window wide open as the white and pink curtains move according to the wind. Quick and flash, like a scene in a movie is what I saw. The room was silent. The dull walls were closing in, as if keeping me inside a cave.

My heart was beating. Once and twice, and went on in repeat. An unattended lesion, leaving behind traces of blood that fall in pattern. Once and twice.

“Bleu… Stop hiding yourself behind death. Bleu… Wake up. Please. Bleu… DON’T DIE…”

The voice kept ringing, over and over again, in the back of my mind. I couldn’t figure out who it was, couldn’t figure out if it was a girl or a boy, a grown up man or a locked up woman. I was clueless, restless as the scene continued.

A creak on the door, the endless, winding staircase below almost making me feel a knot in the pit of my stomach. Once and twice, footsteps rang as I stared down. A body wrapped in white linen, carried by three or four students. They were all men, wearing the prefect’s uniform, doing the duty no one could dare. I… I couldn’t, didn’t comprehend what was happening.

“She’s dead… Bleu killed her?”
“Shut up, Bleu couldn’t! H-he couldn’t even look at someone directly in the eye!”
“But who will take the blame!? SUMMER’S DEAD AND HER BLOOD-!!! –someone has to take the blame! S-summer’s blood is in his hands…”
“Don’t give the poor guy something more to shoulder…! Bleu is not a murderer, Greene. And neither do any of us in this institution!”
“Shut up, Wint! There are only a h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter