jiSoO iS meAN?

The wallflower (wItH A LItTLE tWisT!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Jennie! Did you fight again?!"

 

"..."

 

A surge of anger shakes her chest when Jennie diverts her gaze to everywhere else except for  her eyes. With significant bruises and cuts on her skin, and especially her blooded lips, it's obvious that the latter must have been engaged in chaos and rage.

 

Jennie lowers her gaze to the carpet and painfully leans onto the couch. She winces strenuously as her sore back touches the cushioned surface. Lisa's face twists into disbelief as Jennie refuses to admit it, and immediately realises what has triggered her to act rashly, and caused her to end up in such a humiliating and pathetic state.

 

Jennie was never like that, to be in denial or to be trampled on this bad or to even throw herself in such a situation.

 

Lisa knows what's going on. She has had enough.

 

"Was it for her?"

 

Lisa squeezes her knuckles. Jennie snaps her head up and widens her eyes at Lisa, a tiny hint of fear swimming in her orbs as if she's startled that Lisa actually hit the bull's eye. Lisa's throat throbs in pain as she restrain to yell at the hard headed girl, she usually moderate her temper quite well but when Jennie started coming back home with battle scars on her, or that she started losing the vibrant in her smiles, or even that she has been skipping meals, missing sleep, or losing her temper.

 

Jennie is breaking down, she is falling apart. It has reached a stage till she can no longer sense physical pain, because it's all obvious that something definitely broke in her. She's dead inside and her vigour has been deteriorating as a result of her rotting soul, her eyes are hollow, her smiles are faltering, the stench of dread lingers around her.

 

Jennie is numbed by the pain.

 

"Jennie! Why are you doing this?!"

 

Lisa's voice cracks as she flickers her eyes between the ones which used to twinkle brightly, now it's just dull and mundane with fatigue, albeit they're heart wrenching to look at, Lisa persists.

 

"What do you mean by-this?"

 

"Hurting yourself! Jennie! You're hurting yourself because of her! Why do you have to do this!?"

 

Lisa bellows at Jennie, tossing out her composure out of the window, it's going to cause ruckus and might end her up with a few cuts and bruises, but she is determined to knock some senses literally out of her stubborn head. Jennie seemly is agitated by Lisa and shoots a glare at Lisa who remains unaffected by the threat and fury in it, she breathes out harshly and holds her forehead in attempt to calm herself down.

 

Jennie voice is trembling from anger as she finally answers Lisa even though it couldn't be more obvious to her best friend,

 

"They were bull ting about Jisoo. Bullting about things that are not true, they asked for it! If they didn't want it, they could have just not spread the rumours."

 

"You could have ignored all of that, what have those insults got to do with you?! Why are you involving yourself!? She doesn't even have a single idea about this! You going so far for someone who doesn't even treat you right!"

 

"I don't know why am I doing this either! And the hell would anyone enjoy getting hit in the face?! But I just did it because something inside drove me to do it! I didn't want to do it too!"

 

Lisa's gaze softens as she listens to the thick tears whelming in her voice, she sighs softly as she strides towards Jennie and takes the empty spot beside her. Tears were already sliding down her cheeks when Lisa sat beside her, she couldn't control it, the pain was insidious and it hadn't died down even as time passed by. Jennie didn't want anyone to confront her. She knew something was wrong, but she didn't want to admit it, she pushed Lisa away, her friends away, her family away, so that they wouldn't realise what a mess she is.

 

"Lisa...it hurts..."

 

Jennie breathes out shakily as she grasp the fabric right above her heart. Lisa's throat tightens as she knows what exactly is hurting so bad in Jennie, she lifts her arm and wraps it around her carefully, treating her brittle self with delicacy.

 

"Lisa, it's because I love her...I love h-her!! It's disgusting! It's wrong! It hurts! But I can't stop all of this!! It hurts so much till I wanna die!! Lisa-It hurts..."

 

Jennie's words are barely comprehendible with her hysteric sobs, but the desperation is prominent, Jennie is desperate for help. Lisa's heart drops as she watches her friend bawling her heart out, her body racking into pieces as she screams in tears.

 

"I hate i-it! I hate myself when I treat her like my star, and she doesn't know how much I love her! How am I not good enough!? Is it because I'm a girl? Is it because I'm gay? Or is it because I'm just not him?!"

 

Jennie shrieks as her shoulders shake in Lisa's embrace, Jennie breaks down into more woeful tears and just allows Lisa to comfort her, and she needs it. Jennie can't hold herself up anymore.

 

"Lisa..."

 

"Its fine, Jennie, you didn't choose to be like this. And it's not disgusting, you're beautiful, okay? You've done nothing wrong."

 

"No-"

 

"It's okay Jennie. Just sleep. Let's talk about it later...alright? I'll go buy some things to patch up your wound, it would take some while so just take a nap before I come back."

 

Lisa coos as she brushes Jennie's head gently, soothing her senses in the process. Jennie sniffs and nods her head in comply with Lisa's suggestion, and then drags herself into her room. Lisa releases a huge sigh just as the door closes itself, leaving her all alone in the living room, she tosses herself back onto the couch with a huge thud, and stares into the drowsy strings of waves lingering at the ceiling.

 

'I don't even know how to help Jennie, God, I feel so useless.'

 

Lisa flickers her gaze to the floor as she thinks about it, feeling pretty much dull and empty. Lisa has never loved someone so dearly before, so she could never relate to the torment Jennie is experiencing, or to ever give a suitable advice.

 

'I don't even understand how she feels, how am I going to help her then?'

 

---------------------------

 

Lisa quickly changed her clothes and made her way out of the house, knowing that Jennie's wound is still left unattended. She hopped onto her bicycle and rode her way down the lonely streets towards a pharmacy shop. It is alright dead in the night and the streets are deserted with dim-lighted lamps shining her way, it's undeniably creepy and the thought of her being abducted drives her to paddle even faster.

 

She reached the shop even faster than how she usually did. Lisa chuckles at herself, appreciating her own humour, she strides into the shop and grabs a basket, her long legs guiding her to different sections which have the respective medicines and ointment she needs.

 

But there is just this one Saline solution she can't seem to find, and the row where the saline solutions are supposed to be is already empty. Lisa walks the shop in circles as she tries to search for that one single bottle of saline upon knowing that Jennie absolutely loathes having her wounds cleaned with the stingy alcohol.

 

'It's just because she's scared of pain, Jennie has always been sensitive, and now she freaking dares to throw herself into the battle field for that Jisoo. Legendary.'

 

"Ugh, what a shop. I can't even find any Saline solutions."

 

 

"Are you perhaps finding this?"

 

"Huh-Woah!"

 

Lisa turns to see a packet of Saline solution held in front of her and stumbles in shock,

 

"O-oh!"

 

Lisa blinks.

 

"Y-yeah, thank you."

 

Lisa mutters shyly as she accepts the generous offer and puts it into her basket without looking up from the floor. The person giggles while she observes Lisa's stiff and rigid gestures while they stand in silence.

 

"You're welcome."

 

Lisa nods as she turns to walk out of the store, her mind going short-circuited after a simple conversation with the girl, she is almost stepping out onto the pavement when someone tugs her on her sleeves.

 

"Wait!"

 

Lisa turns to meet the girl with her eyes wide opened in surprise, and holy -she's hella pretty. Lisa flickers her eyes between the coruscant pair with her jaw gaped open because she is awestruck by her beauty, the girl mirrors her response but with more elegance and composure in her expression. Lisa was the first to break their eye contact, she felt breathless and a tug in her chest, the sensation is bizarre and unfamiliar, it's weird.

 

"Uh, the things-you haven't paid yet."

 

The girl sheepishly says as she points down to the basket of items she has yet to pay.

 

"Oh! T-that's right! I'm sorry!"

 

Lisa instantly snaps herself out of the buzzes and blinks profusely while she quickly makes her way to the counter. She doesn't know why she's jumbling her words but it all about the racing heart beats, the light headedness and all sorts of other weird symptoms showing up.

 

"Are you okay? You seems distracted"

 

The girl casually asks as she deliberately scan the items with constant beeps coming from the machine. Lisa was admiring the girl's smooth brown locks, and her adorable smile, she blinked away when the brunette suddenly inquired her, internally cursing at herself for being at it again, and answered,

 

"Yeah, very. A lot of things have been happening, I can't wrap my head around all of that. It's hard."

 

"Want a lollipop?"

 

"Huh?"

 

Lisa looks up from the table and sees a strawberry flavour candy wrapped in a fancy wrapper with in her hands, the sickly sweet scent of the sugar invaded her nose and the gushing adrenaline in her veins plead her to accept the offer already.

 

"U-uh, that's too nice of you, please keep it. I've eaten my dinner already."

 

Lisa stammers, hoping her voice doesn't betray her because who wouldn't want to stick a lollipop in their mouth and it away?! And clearly she hadn't had any food since afternoon as she has been busy. The girl looks sceptical as she narrows her eyes at Lisa's poker expression already at the edge of losing itself, and oh hell yes, the rumble of her stomach proves her assumption right.

 

"Your stomach is rumbling. You know?"

 

"A-ah! T-that's-!"

 

Lisa stutters,

 

'Damn it!'

 

"A small treat wouldn't hurt! It is an encourage from me!"

 

"Thank you..."

 

Lisa mutters shyly and carefully picks up the candy by the stick, Lisa darts her eyes away when the bright smile on the girl's face seems to have an effect on her again, and it’s just hard to maintain eye contact with her, especially when they're so mesmerising and twinkly. She tugs the wrapper off gently and pops the candy in , but somehow, it doesn't tas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter