fin.

happy birthday!

“Happy birthday!”

 

Yuna is beyond surprised to see a disheveled Yewon standing in front of her dorm room with a box of cake in her hands and a bright grin on her face. It is nearly midnight and from where the latter is staying at, it would have taken her at least an hour and a half to reach her place since they are both enrolled in different universities.

 

“Are you crazy?” are the first few words to come out of Yuna’s mouth, making Yewon pout as she lowers the box of cake in her hand. “How did you even enter without a card? And it’s already midnight too!”

 

Emitting a soft sigh, Yuna takes the box from Yewon and pulls the girl into her room before a security guard patrols along the corridor.

 

“I just wanted to surprise you,” Yewon mumbles as she gazes down at her shoes, suddenly embarrassed to look at the older girl eye-to-eye. “And about how I entered, I asked Eunha to help me sneak in. I’m sorry to have caused you trouble instead.”

 

Yuna immediately feels guilty at the sight of a sad Yewon. Glancing at the box of cake that is now in her right hand briefly, she then reaches her free hand out to interlock her fingers with Yewon before leading her girlfriend to the kitchen. “Sometimes, I wonder what goes through that mind of yours. We promised to go on a date later this evening, remember? You didn’t have to do all this.”

 

Yewon smiles sheepishly as she takes a sit on the kitchen counter. “I wanted to be the first one to wish you and the first one you’ll see on your birthday.”

 

“My girlfriend really is something,” Yuna muses and closes the refrigerator door after putting the cake inside.

 

“Are you not going to have the cake now?”

 

Shaking her head, Yuna walks over to her girlfriend and gently places her hands on Yewon’s waist with a warm smile on her lips while looking at the younger girl fondly. “We’ll have that for breakfast later on.”

 

“How do you know that I plan to stay over?” Yewon asks softly as she drapes her arms loosely around Yuna’s neck.

 

“It’s past midnight, Yewon. I’m not allowing you to return to your dorm at this timing. Also, you coming over abruptly tells me that your classes are cancelled for the day. Am I right?”

 

“My girlfriend is smart,” the younger girl laughs softly before pressing a soft kiss on the tip of Yuna’s nose.

 

“Tsk,” Yuna clicks her tongue, trying hard to bite back a grin from forming on her lips. “The world must be ending if the ever so diligent student, Kim Yewon chooses to skip her classes.”

 

“You know I’d do anything for you though.”

 

“I know,” Yuna hums and gives Yewon a lingering kiss after. “But I won’t allow you to skip classes just for me.”

 

“Wouldn’t you love to see a badass Kim Yewon?”

 

“I already love my Yewon the way she is. She doesn’t have to change for me at all,” Yuna chuckles lightly upon seeing her girlfriend’s reddening cheeks.

 

“Happy birthday once again,” Yewon murmurs. “I’m sorry I couldn’t get you anything else other than the cake. This was unplanned as you can see.”

 

“Having you here with me right now is already a gift to me, Yewon. You don’t have to be sorry for that. Getting to cuddle with you for the whole night until I have to wake up for lessons is a bonus.”

 

Smiling bashfully, Yewon tightens her grip around Yuna’s neck and pulls her in for a tight hug, feeling too overwhelmed to speak. Yuna always knows what to say to make her feel all jittery on the inside. She’s extremely determined to make Yuna the happiest person on Earth on her birthday and on any other days.