Final

One in a thousand scattering

I guess I should've known, should've been prepared, but maybe just maybe, subconsciously I believed that my forever is you. 

 

It feels just like it was yesterday as we lay down restlessly on my bed, I had thought that with you; forever is just not long enough. 

You lie there on your back with eyes tightly closed, long beautiful hair spreading like a butterfly on my pillow. I caressed the smooth surface of your kissable cheek, slowly. You were into the realm of endless possibilities, while here I was; taking in the gorgeous sight of you. 

 

Isn't it ironic, how the ones we thought and fully believed to never hurt us in any way, somehow always ends up hurting us the most. I guess maybe we value them so much and that's why it hurts the most when their betrayal becomes reality. 

 

About a month ago, during one of those weather-horrid nights, you would wrap your arms, your oh-so comforting arms around the slim of my waist, cocooning me in the warmth of your loving embrace and my senses was filled with you. My hands clenching to the back of your shirt for dear-life, terrified that you might somehow vanish into thin-air and that none of this was real, just a figment of my imagination. I snuggle my face into the crock of your bare neck, your scent was like a virus to my system. I couldn’t think, hear or see of nothing but you. You laughed heartily and crunch your nose when my hair tickled the base of your nose. This only cause me to snuggle into you more. 

 

Thinking about it now, I feel even more stupid and utterly empty than I did when I caught you kissing her and telling her the 3 words that had my heart swirling into a pit of despair. I guess in the darkest and deepest corner of my mind I always knew you would find someone better. Someone worthy of your love. Someone beautiful, funny, smart and most importantly someone who isn't shy to display an act of affection towards you. I loath myself, really. Truely. Your were my better half and without you, I'm just a half of a empty whole. 

 

I think back to the time you'd ask me what I love most about you and honestly, it was everything. I'm the type who doesn't have an ideal type but when I love the person, I'd find stuff about that person and simply fall deeper in love with everything about that person. You became my ideal. 

 

I still vividly remember when you saw me while you were on a date with her. The look in your eyes is something I'd never forget. The mixture of fear, confusion and relief. You guys stood outside your apartment, you laugh at something she was saying as you pull out your keys, your hands intertwine like they were sewed together. 

 

I stopped in my track.  

 

Just as you were about to go inside, she whispered something that demonised your uplifted spirit. 

 

My hands tighten around the glass jar I was carrying. 

 

You turn to her, still completely unaware of my presence, you look her in the eyes and I see the twinkling spark of adoration in your brown orbs. 

 

I suddenly found it extremely difficult to breathe, my breath came to an abrupt stop and was caught in the back of my throat. 

 

You pull her, impossibly close, until you both could literally melt into one another. Your forehead resting against each other. 

 

My eyes, they started to burn with unshed tears and I'm chanting wordlessly in my head, ‘please don't say it...please don't do it...please just please... I'm begging you...’

 

"You know it's always been you. It'll always be you. I love you. My Krystal." The words was met with a passionate kiss. 

 

It wasn't as bad as I thought it'll be. It certainly wasn't like how people described it. No, heartbreak wasn't painful per-say, there wasn't the electrifying or excruciating pain that I had expected. No it started with a burst of what seems to be pain, and it initially started in the abdominal region, more specifically the centre of my chest  but just like how dominos fall one after another in a blink of an eye, the pain wears out and I'm left feeling the aftershocks, and then numbness. The tinkling of the aftershocks was the most unbearable, it feels like a power-cut, like your entire being just shuts down and it was almost as if a billion daggers drilling into you, savagely piercing into your skin but you feel absolutely nothing because that’s the numbness that followed soon after. 

 

I lost all grip and thus dropping my glass jar onto the marble tiled-floor. It shuttered into thousands of pieces, pieces that won't ever fit together again. My colourful handmade star-origami scatters everywhere, a soft pink one tumbled towards you. 

 

You both gasp, loudly. Realisation washes over you like a tonne of bricks. Your eyes wide, almost popping out of their sockets. Both of you were flustered and couldn't do anything but stutter incoherently. I honestly didn't know what I was expecting as I stood there. Our eyes meet, mine filled with acid-like tears and yours full of fear and relief, I still can't decipher which was more prominent, my bet would be the latter.  

 

I left. You don't stop me and I don't want nor expected you to. 

 

-3rd person pov

 

Moonbyul let's go of Krystal’s hand and bends down, picking up a star shaped origami out of the thousands that scattered in the mixture with broken glass pieces. The corners were coming out a bit and there was an unnerving hutch that causes her to unfold the origami. 

 

“22. I love your smile. Moon n Sun <3”