Chapter 1

Into a New World

Centuries have passed since a group of humans ventured out into space in search for a new planet to live in.

A tall, middle-aged man stood tall and mighty as he stared out the window, his dark eyes studying the outside scenery.

"Heechae, you're making that expression again." A profound and calm voice spoke and another male figure reflected on the window glass. "What are you thinking of?"

"I'm just longing to see those blue skies that my parents and great-grandparents talk about," Heechae replied, shifting his gaze to his comrade. "And do you love me that much Kyubong? You seem to be tailing me around for the past year."

"I'm your right-hand man I can't let you go off on your own." He replied, shoving his hands into his pocket. "It's quite a shame that some of our ancestors never got the chance to see those said blue skies."

"You're right, it is. I wonder if we'll find a new planet before I pass my title down to my son." Heechae replied, returning his gaze to the window. For a moment, silence engulfed the space between them before the latter opened his mouth to speak.

"Hey, what if there's already someone inhabiting the planet which we find habitable, what should we do?"

"We don't have a choice but to stay and try to compromise. We cannot turn back after centuries of travelling." Heechae replied with a frown. "But it's highly unlikely to have people on another planet already, don't you think so?"

"I don't know..." Kyubong replied with a thoughtful expression. "Earth can't be the only planet with inhabitants. I'm sure there'll be aliens which inhabit some other planets."

"You have a point," Heechae replied. "by the way, how's your son and daughter? I hear that they're quite a pair."

"Oh, indeed they are. They are quite a troublesome pair. You don't know how much trouble those two are. How about yours? I hear many rumours surrounding your eldest son, Hyunshik."

"Oh yes indeed. That young boy is said to be quite a happy one, and many have talked to me about him being the rightful heir due to his sense of responsibility and duty." Heechae said with a nod.

"That's quite the opposite of your younger son, Jaehyun, no?"

"I must admit that you are right. But he does have some qualities that are very useful such as him being adventurous as well as incredibly creative. I believe I must make him the vice-commander of the first division, what do you think?"

"I think that's quite a plan Heechae, yet are you sure your sons are willing to take that responsibility of leading our group?"

"I believe in them. Hyunshik has said his ambition of leading our people to victory and happiness."

"If that's what you say. Speaking of the devil, here they both come." Kyubong said, turning to face the two newcommers with a smile.

"Good day to you Hyunshik, Jaehyun, why are you here?" Heechae asked, walking over to his two sons who smiled back at him.

"Oh, father! You must know what Jaehyun has found!" Hyunshik said in excitement as wrapped his arms around Jaehyun's shoulder, pulling him close to him as he took a device from his pocket. "he found this unknown planet that's nearby! See this, look!" He turned the device around, revealing a strange planet and its data on the screen. Heechae bent forward and looked at the screen.

"According to the data, it seems to be habitable," Kyubong said, as he too examined the screen. Heechae straightened himself up and looked at his comrade. "However, there's a chance of the data being inaccurate."

"We will be able to see if it is indeed accurate or not," Heechae replied, before turning his attention back to his two sons, patting their heads. "Good work you two. I knew you both had it in you. Now off you go, my comrades, and I have some business, we must attend to." With that, the two bid their farewells and went off shortly after.

Heechae called over the division captains for a meeting and within minutes, everyone arrived. With Heechae sitting in the middle of the rectangular table, Kyubong sat on his right hand side, Jaein sat on his left, and lastly, Homun sat beside Jaein. The silent atmosphere made no sound until Heechae finally spoke up and placed a device on the table.

"As you all heard, Jaehyun found a nearby planet which we can possibly inhabit. As the leader of this clan, I must find out whether this planet is indeed habitable. Homun, I ask that you dispatch the Glam Satellite as soon as possible. Jaein I ask that you find out more information about this planet and Kyubong, you shall accompany me to the main hatch." Heechae spoke firmly leaning back in his chair. "Also, do not tell anybody about this planet. We cannot raise our people's hopes only to crush it if the planet isn't for us to live in."

"Yes, sir." The other three responded in unison. With that, the group was dismissed and everyone went to their places to do their tasks. Heechae walked over to the window again and stared out into the dark space. 'Will we be able to see those blue skies that our ancestors have spoken of?'