1/1

Two flowers

Everyday was more and less the same. They sat together in the big table for breakfast quietly. The elder would have a cup of coffee, without sugar, he didn't like sweet things, he prefered his coffee bitter. He drank it after eating some toasts, well, it was more like just warm bread. The younger was different, he drank a cup of tea with a lot of sugar and sweet cookies, because he loved sweet things as much as he loved his husband.


After a good breakfast YongGuk would go to his studio and would read some antique book that his grandfather gave to him as a birthday present when he was a child and sit in his big armchair. JunHong would sit on his lap. But the younger never read when they were like that, he just slept, even though he was very tall and it wasn't something very comfortable. They were just happy with those little moments, when there were only them two, enjoying their company.


For lunch JunHong cooked delicious food. It was usually ramyun, because YongGuk loved eating it and more if the drink was a cup of wine. The younger didn't like wine, he prefered water.


JunHong was a playful boy. After he finished with the housework, he always went outside to water his flowers and play with their dog. He loved when days were rainy, because he would go out and play with the dog under the rain and wouldn't listen to YongGuk. JunHong was like that, he never listened to his husband when he yelled to him to come back inside, that he could play with the dog inside the mansion. But the younger wanted to play in the rain, so he was going to play in the rain.


YongGuk was a serious man, a business man. The owner of a multinational company. An extremely busy man that didn't have time to play in the rain with the dog and his young husband. He was a man that enjoyed watching theater plays, reading and making love with JunHong.


Everything was fine, they were a young happy couple, they lived in a big and beatiful mansion, their life was perfect. But everything ripped apart when JunHong was diagnosed with pneumonia. He was in a very delicate state. He eventually managed to get over it. He's a healthy boy after all. But YongGuk became paranoid and the fear of losing his beloved husband was chasing him as a predator chases its prey.


YongGuk got obsessed over JunHong's health, he became overprotective with the younger. Gradually YongGuk brought new people to the house, housekeepers that made JunHong's chores in the mansion; maids that cleaned, chefs that cooked, musicians that played the piano JunHong used to play after dinner, before going to bed. Suddenly the mansion was invaded by more people the younger would have liked.


One of the workers, JongUp -a nurse- was always with JunHong, making sure that the young master was healthy. They got on well and became close friends, that was something that made YongGuk extremely jealous, but it is for the best, he said to himself, that boy knows about medicine, it's for you, Junnie, for you to be healthy.


YoungJae and DaeHyun were two musicians that played the piano when YongGuk told them to because JunHong felt like listening to some music.


HimChan was a young artist that made porcelain dolls. He worked in a toy factory, obviously, and YongGuk contacted him to make a doll that looked exactly like JunHong every time when his fear started to chase him and when he got them, he would write some stories for each doll. Most of them were sad stories.


Eventually YongGuk got more than twenty dolls that looked exactly like his young husband, all of them were settled in crystal boxes and YongGuk himself made sure that they all were ok.


Bang YongGuk had a doll that was his favourite, it was as pale as his JunHong, with the same hair colour, the same brown in the eyes, the same red in the lips. YongGuk loved the doll as much as he loved JunHong.


At the beginning JunHong was jealous, very jealous. How could his husband change him for a doll? That made him angry, he have never been angry at his husband, they have never argued before. Everything became strange very quickly, so quickly that JunHong didn't see it come.


There were nights that YongGuk brought the doll to their room and put it between them and they slept like that. Other nights the elder talked to the doll when he thought JunHong was asleep.


The younger, tired of the doll presence in the bedroom, put it in its crystal box in the dolls' room.
It was almost three in the morning when YongGuk woke up and got out from their bed. JunHong could hear him walking through the huge house, then a door was opened. Some minutes later the door was closed and the steps were heard again. YongGuk was back with the doll in his arms, he was talking to the doll, as if it was a child that had a nightmare. The older mumbled things like it's ok, of course you can sleep with us, don't say that, Jun doesn't hate you.

 

♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧♤

 

"I don't want to offend you, but..." Said JongUp some days after, he was checking JunHong, as he always did, making sure that the boy was healthy. The younger looked at him with curious eyes, waiting for him to continue talking. "I have the feeling that YongGuk-ssi is... You know, insane." Finished saying the doctor, a little afraid of how would JunHong react at his statement.


"I agree." Answered the younger, looking to the floor. "The other day he woke up like two or three in the morning. He said that that doll of his was calling him, that it was crying. JongUp, he even talked to it." JongUp was surprised, to say the least. He knew YongGuk was acting strangely. Everyone that worked in that house was talking about how weird JunHong's husband was, but he didn't expect that even the younger thought like that. "I love him and all, but he's scaring me."


YoungJae joined the conversation a little after. JunHong was crying by now, he was upset, he felt betrayed by his husband, he felt useless. JunHong wanted to get rid of all those dolls, maybe destroy them, or burn them. Suddenly he stopped crying and started to build a plan into his head, forming a strange smile on his face, and YoungJae and JongUp did nothing more than look at him with worry faces.


A few days later JunHong and YongGuk went out to a party in the house of a friend, as always, the elder had insisted to bring the doll with them, but he decided to stop his insistence after YoungJae promised him to take good care of his beloved dolls.
Things didn't turn out as JunHong expected, but at least he finally got rid of those dolls.


You see, they went to the party and came back home really late, they were both tired and decided to sleep in a hotel. A call from DaeHyun made them go to their home really quickly and fade the tiredness. Their house was on fire. A factory near the household had had a problem and a machine exploded, and the fire expanded uncontrollably and reached the house. No one could do nothing more than run away and save themselves. Everything was destroyed, their belongings, the piano, YongGuk grandfather's books, even the dog's little house and the dolls, too.


Everybody was waiting for YongGuk's reaction, but he just felt sorry for JunHong, the people around them and the dog. He his heels and looked at everyone, just to see if everyone was ok. He didn't went straight to YoungJae to complain about his broken promise. He just went to JunHong and took his hand and carry him in front of their car, gesturing the younger to get in, then made the dog get into the vehicle, too.


"I guess there's nothing we can do here" YongGuk said and then got into the car and drove away after saying goodbye. The house workers did the same, leaving the house behind.

 

♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧♤

 

So, yeah, here's another story with dolls. Btw I hope you enjoyed reading~ ♡