Main Story

Pianoforte

She loves to watch Luda play. The way her fingers ran from side to side across the piano was mesmerising. And so Meiqi lay there upon the grand instrument, observing and listening.

 

Meiqi notices a loose piece of flyaway hair. She gently tucks it behind Luda's left ear and runs a finger along her jawline until she reaches her chin. She lifts it up until Luda is looking directly into her eyes.

 

The music eventually stops and Meiqi knows that she has her full attention. She goes to retract her finger but it doesn't get very far. She feels her hand move back towards Luda's face. Meiqi starts to caress her thumb over Luda's cheek. Meiqi smiles and starts to sing softly to her.

 

"All I want for Christmas," she snakes her hand behind Luda's neck. She feels Luda shudder at the move and leans in, closing the gap between herself and Luda.

 

"Is..."

 

She sees Luda close her eyes. Meiqi moves past her face and towards her ear. Her breath tickling Luda's ear ever so slightly.

 

"You," she whispers in a low breathy voice.

 

Luda tips her head down and can't stop a grin from plastering itself onto her face. Meiqi runs the hand on her neck up to her head. She threads her fingers through Luda's hair as she goes. That same piece of hair falling to the front of her face again. Meiqi sighs with a smile picking up the corners of .

 

"Daaawwww," Meiqi coos, "Pocket Satan is actually blushing."

 

Luda stiffens ever so much, causing Meiqi to just giggle and shake her head.

 

"Do- do you want me to play or not?" Luda asks, trying to sound irritated.

 

"Of course I want to hear you play, the music is as beautiful as you are."

 

"That was so cheesy I could feel my insides curdling," Luda says flatly as she raises her head up to look with narrowed eyes.

 

Meiqi over dramatises the pain of Luda's words, slithering off the piano. She staggers around for a few seconds before pretending to collapse, ending up onto the floor. She places the crook of her right arm over her eyes and her left hand clenches her shirt.

 

"And I thought you actually loved me," she cried, "but it would seem-"

 

She feels something on her lips.

 

Luda.

 

"But you're my cheese," Luda declares.

 

It's Meiqi's turn to start blushing. She feels her cheeks warm and relaxes her left hand.

 

She's happy. That's all her brain can process right now. The fact that she's happy. She just lays there on the floor, arm flopped over her face and smiling like a fool.

 

The music starts again.

 

Meiqi moves her arm to her side and sits up. She tilts her head and watches Luda. Watches her head bob along to the rhythm, her short hair waving about with every movement. Meiqi thinks, no, Meiqi knows that she could watch Luda for an eternity.

 

But she also knows that Luda looks so damn soft and huggable right now. The thought of hugging Luda won't be able to leave her mind until she actually does it. Or so Meiqi tells herself; as if she needs a reason to make contact.

 

She shuffles herself along the carpet towards the piano seat, not bothering to actually get up and walk. When she arrives at the chair leg she makes herself comfortable as she rises to a kneeling position. Pressing her face into Luda's back, she reaches up and wraps both arms around her waist.

 

Luda sways from left to right and back again, bringing Meiqi along for the ride. As Luda plays, she is careful not to elbow the girl clinging onto her.

 

The song comes to a finish slowly. Luda lets her hands drop into her lap before gripping the front edge of the piano seat. Meiqi squeezes Luda firmly and starts to swing in a sideways motion. Luda lets out a small laugh and allows herself to be taken with the movement.

 

Luda relaxes her hands from the chair and places them on the arms securely holding her. Meiqi rubs her nose into the small of Luda's back in delight.

 

"As much as I'd love to do this forever, my knees are starting to ache," Meiqi whines into Luda’s back.

 

"Want to sit up here with me?"

 

Meiqi nods animatedly so Luda can feel her reply.

 

Not wanting to let go of her, Meiqi runs her nose up Luda's spine as she stands. Luda inhales sharply and stiffens. When Meiqi reaches the nape of her neck she gives it a quick kiss.

 

Then another.

 

And another.

 

She trails kisses around her neck, making Luda's breathing erratic. Meiqi manages to keep contact with her neck as she steps one leg over the seat. She sits down facing Luda's profile. Meiqi forces herself to pull away and Luda turns to face her.

 

Their faces are barely apart, eyes locking together. Both of them taking deep breaths in quick succession. Their hearts racing, syncing up with the other's rhythm.

 

Luda's the one to break eye contact first, her eyes flash down to Meiqi's lips and back up. She makes eye contact again and looks away bashfully.

 

Meiqi gives a little nod.

 

Luda starts to raise herself up towards Meiqi rather slowly. She sees Luda shut her eyes and does the same.

 

Closer.

 

Closer.

 

*CRASH*

 

They break apart from the sudden noise, reeling in shock. Meiqi nearly falls off the seat in surprise. As if their heartbeats needed raising any further.

 

"Hiiii!"

 

A shout is heard as they realised the noise was the door bursting open.

 

'Great. Juuuuust great,' thinks Meiqi as Soobin tumbles through towards them. Normally she appreciates her presence, this exact minute however, not really.

 

"Oh, sorry to interrupt, are you teaching Meiqi how to play?" Soobin asks Luda like an excited puppy.

 

"Come on, love," another girl appears and leans against the doorway looking very smug with herself, "I think Meiqi and Luda want to... play some more."

 

The two in question remain silent as Soobin bounds along the room towards Seola and exits the room.

 

Another loud crash can be heard as Soobin presumably invades another room. Seola winces and shakes her head.

 

"Have fun you two," Seola says in a sing-song voice as she closes the door behind her with a wink.

 

'Seola, I'm going to strangle you," Luda thinks furiously, 'if I could reach that stupidly high up neck of yours that is... nevermind, I'll just kick your-'

 

Luda's thoughts are cut off as Meiqi places a hand on Luda's face and turns her so they are once again facing each other.

 

Luda swings her leg over the side of the seat so her whole body is facing Meiqi.

 

Meiqi cups Luda's face and draws her in closer - to the point where their noses and foreheads are lightly pressing together. Their breathing shaky and pulses quickened.

 

She feels Luda grab at the bottom of her shirt and bunch the material in her hands. Luda then pulls at the shirt, dragging Meiqi's entire body towards her.

 

Meiqi tilts her own head and grazes her nose along the side of Luda's. She sees Luda's eyes flutter shut and does the same. Meiqi tips her head ever so slightly up, to push her lips forward onto Luda's.

 

They meet hesitantly, as if waiting for another intruder to burst through the door at any given moment.

 

But none came.

 

Instead, Meiqi feels Luda press more firmly, begging for more. Meiqi just smiles, letting Luda know that she got the message loud and clear.

 

Meiqi widens her smile, parting her lips but keeping her teeth firmly closed. Teasing Luda that little bit more, who tries to gain entry but is prevented from doing so. Oh how Meiqi just loves to wind Luda up.

 

Meiqi remains like this until enough time has passed that Luda will be ever so slightly irritated. She relaxes her jaw and separates her teeth, allowing Luda to do as she pleases.

 

Meiqi moves her hands from Luda's face and glides them around her neck. Her right hand crawls down Luda's back, whilst the other works its way up and snatches her hair.

 

Luda lets out a small gasp as Meiqi tugs down slightly on her hair. In return, Luda snakes one of her hands down Meiqi's side. She traces the curve of her hip, and drags her hand along Meiqi's thigh. When she makes it to her knee, Luda firmly grasps at it and hauls Meiqi closer.

 

Luda repeats the process with her other hand. She then lifts Meiqi's legs and scooches herself forward underneath them.

 

"Wrap your legs around me," Luda commands.

 

"Wha-"

 

Luda kisses her before she can say any more.

 

"I said, wrap your legs around me."

 

Meiqi is curious as to what Luda has planned, so does as she's told.

 

Luda tries standing up, much to Meiqi's surprise. She scuttles across the floor, shuffling one foot along at a time and flinging her hips forward to try gaining momentum. She manages to move a whole 20 cm before her knees buckle.

 

Meiqi feels Luda start to stumble and grips Luda's hair tighter, causing her to shriek in pain. Luda reaches out to steady herself and ends up slamming her hand down on the piano, creating even more of a commotion.

 

"It’s cute that you tried to pick me up."

 

"Hey, I'm not-" Luda argues.

 

*CRASH*

 

The door was practically flying off the hinges this time.

 

"Are you alright?!" Xiao yells at them.

 

She takes one look at the position they're in and just backs out of the room, traumatised. She leaves slowly with a barely audible apology.

 

Meiqi takes a moment to survey their current situation.

 

'Ah. I can see how this position is rather, er, compromising,' she thinks to herself.

 

Luda is practically laying on the seat, her short legs just reaching the floor. One arm outstretched on the piano and the other gripping onto Meiqi's thigh.

 

And Meiqi is, well she's pretty much riding on top of her. Not to mention the fact that she's still got a tight hold of Luda's hair.

 

"I think we just scarred Xiao for life," Meiqi states as she lets go of Luda.

 

"You don't say..." Luda growls.

 

Luda grows impatient with all the interruptions and grabs either side of the collar on Meiqi's shirt. She yanks Meiqi down onto her.

 

"Now, where were we?" Luda snarls, cocking her eyebrow and giving a half smile.

 

"Ah yes. Right," Luda roughly kisses her.

 

"Around," she gasps as Meiqi holds onto her waist.

 

"Here," Luda finishes with a deep kiss.

 

The two break apart, panting. Luda relinquishes her hold of the shirt, allowing Meiqi to sit up again. Luda's view drifts to the rise and fall of Meiqi's chest as she takes laboured breaths.

 

"Like what you see?" Meiqi teases.

 

"There's not much there to- hey!" Luda cries as Meiqi gives her a smack on the arm.

 

"Just because I love you, don't think I won't hit you," Meiqi points at Luda.

 

"And besides, it's not like you're doing much better in that department."

 

Luda pouts in response, crossing her arms and turning her head with a 'hmmmfff'.

 

"I don't see why you're going off in a strop, you're the one who insulted me first," Meiqi says rather nonchalantly.

 

"So what do you want for Christmas?" Luda asks, trying to avoid admitting that she is in the wrong.

 

The question throws Meiqi off guard at first, but then she decides to be a little mischievous herself.

 

"I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know," Meiqi sings, not wanting to give the reply that Luda expects.

 

Luda just turns away, trying to escape. She raises her hands to her face in a failed attempt to hide her flushing red face.

 

"Hey, come here and let me hug you," Meiqi grabs hold of Luda's wrists and lifts Luda's hands away from her face.

 

"Don't be shy, silly," Meiqi pulls Luda up into a warm hug, like a cosy blanket on a cold winter's night.

 

Meiqi embraces Luda closely against herself, wrapping her arms around like the paper on a Christmas present. Because let's face it, Luda is the best present Meiqi could ever wish for.

 

She rocks them both gently with the same care she would a child.

 

Meiqi slides one hand to the back of Luda's head. She draws Luda in towards the crook of her neck, her head fitting perfectly. She Luda's head as they sway. Meiqi is careful not to catch her fingers in any knots as she fondles Luda's hair.

 

Meiqi feels content in this moment, like nothing else matters. That there is nothing else except Luda.

 

"Get off me, ya lump, my legs are aching now."

 

Meiqi releases a sigh as Luda squirms beneath her. She takes her weight off Luda and stands up fully (much to the short haired girl's delight).

 

Meiqi brushes her fingers through Luda's hair, creating a parting. She leans over and plants a kiss on Luda's head. Her soft hair smelling of strawberries.

 

"Stealing my shampoo I see," Meiqi laughs.

 

Meiqi's hands run down Luda's head, fingers threading through strands of hair, towards her neck and onto her shoulders.

 

"You were away in China for too long, I... I missed you," Luda raised her head and stares into Meiqi's eyes.

 

Luda's arm stretches up diagonally across her torso until her hand meets with Meiqi's. Luda removes the hand resting on her shoulder and directs it towards . She lightly presses her lips onto the back of Meiqi's hand, as one would kiss a princess. Meiqi has to pull out all the stops to prevent herself from squealing.

 

They stay like this for a short while, but alas, they cannot forever.

 

"Right then, help me back up onto this thing," Meiqi gestures at the piano with her head. She walks round to the side of the piano, waiting for Luda to provide assistance.

 

"Fiiiine," she grumbles, hauling herself up from the seat.

 

"But know that I'm only helping because it'll get you out of the way so I can practice."

 

"Oh as if, you just want to have me play with your hair more because you're a big ol' softie who missed me when I was visiting my family," Meiqi fires back, emphasising the word 'missed'.

 

"I won't help you if you torment me."

 

Meiqi takes a look at the floor, kicks her leg out and takes a step towards the door.

 

"Then I guess I'll just go look for Xiao and-"

 

"No!" Luda exclaims.

 

"Don't go," she whispers while dropping her head, hair flopping over her face.

 

Meiqi stops.

 

"P-please," Luda ushers slightly louder than before. She lifts her head up like a sad puppy, lower lip quivering. She grabs at the air in Meiqi's direction.

 

"Stay... Don't l-leave me again," Luda croaks, her breathing becoming deeper and frantic.

 

Meiqi rushes over to Luda. She takes the outstretched hand with her own and laces their fingers together. She goes down on one knee and looks up to Luda.

 

"Hey, hey," Meiqi says softly trying to get Luda to calm down. She curls her index finger and places it gently under Luda's chin. Lifting her chin, she finds Luda's cheeks wet with fresh tears.

 

"Look at me," she says and Luda opens her eyes. Their eyes meet briefly but Luda can't maintain the gaze. It's just too damn hard for her to look at Meiqi.

 

"Please..." Meiqi begs, moving her thumb to caress Luda's lower lip. A string of tears roll down Luda's cheek to her chin and onto Meiqi's finger.

 

"Love, look at me," she pleads.

 

Meiqi's eyes start to well up as she tightens her grip on Luda's hand. She pulls their hands in close to her chest.

 

Luda slowly raises her eyes to Meiqi. Their eyes coupling together.

 

"I'm not going anywhere, I'm not going to leave you, do you hear me?" Meiqi reassures her.

 

Luda gives a small nod.

 

"I ju-just can't lose y-you," Luda stutters as she breaks down.

 

Meiqi is taken aback by Luda's words.

 

"You're never going to lose me," Meiqi issues with tears gushing from her eyes. She takes a deep breath trying to collect herself.

 

"Ever," Meiqi promises.

 

 

A/N I hope you enjoyed the main story :D The next three chapters are going to be three different endings (that don't relate to each other). I couldn't decide which one to use so I thought I'd post them all.