Match Made in Heaven

Masterminds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We were perfect.

 

“Babe, mind passing me those smoke bombs over there?” Dongho pointed at the little black balls that were strewn all over the table. I grabbed some and threw them in his direction, packing some for myself as well.

“Woah! Careful there, one trigger and we’d be drenched from the sprinklers,” he laughed and s his arm around my waist, kissing my forehead.

“Doesn’t matter. I know you’d catch them all the time,” I giggled and kissed his lips.

 

Dongho and I met in college when we were just mere freshmen. We attended a mutual friend’s party and chatted a little bit when that mutual friend was around. Back then, he already had a girlfriend, and I knew better than to be a third party and interfere in someone else’s relationship. But there was just something about him, something mysterious that draws me towards him.

I didn’t think much about him, and as the booze started to wear off, so did he, from my mind. I didn’t think I’d see him when we were sophomores, when we took the same module.

“Fancy seeing you here,” he smiled at me as he slid into the seat next to mine. Students were streaming into the lecture hall and I was just minding my own business while looking for my friends.

“Hey, Dongho right? From that party Minki threw last year?” I asked, silently hoping I got his name right.

“You remember! Nice,” he smiled as we entered into a state of awkwardness, with neither one knowing what to say.

My friends entered the lecture hall, took a glance at Dongho and I, laughed and sat at the furthest end, away from us. I silently cursed as we were immersed into a 3-hour long lecture.

After the lecture ended, Dongho stood up and stretched, looking over to me and said, “Do you want to grab dinner or something?” I raised an eyebrow and asked, “Why don’t you eat with your girlfriend instead?” He sighed and ran his hand through his hand.

“About that…”

 

“Ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter