Look

Tell Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Author's POV

 

“Tell me. How do you look at someone you love and tell yourself that it’s time to walk away?” Sooyoung mumbled to herself as she stood at one corner while holding a glass of red wine, looking at the only girl she had ever loved, dancing with the man she married on her wedding day.

Yes. Today is the wedding day of Sooyoung’s bestfriend, Jessica Jung. And right now, she’s watches Jessica as the latter dances with her husband at the reception of their wedding.

Sooyoung continued watching her bestfriend who is laughing every now and then. She can see that Jessica is very happy on her wedding day. And the least that she can do is to be happy for her too.

“Cheers for your happiness, Sica-ah.” Sooyoung mumbled again to herself as she slightly raised the wine glass she’s holding and took a sip.

She giggled to herself and gave a bittersweet smile as she reminisce her memories with Jessica.

 

-----

 

Flasbacks

Jessica got out of her apartment and saw Sooyoung waiting outside with 2 cups of coffee.

“Good morning, Sica-yah!!!” Sooyoung greeted her bestfriend and offered the coffee she’s holding to Jessica.

“Good morning, Soo! Did you wait long? And thanks for waking me up. Gosh, I’m gonna be late again if it wasn’t for you!” Jessica said with a smile as she took and sipped the coffee.

“You’re welcome, Ice Princess.” Sooyoung replied as she puts her arm around Jessica’s shoulder and started walking towards their school.

-----

Sooyoung is looking for Jessica and saw the latter inside the library with her head on the table.

“Yah Sica! I’ve been looking for you! Why aren’t you answering your phone?!” Sooyoung annoyingly said to her bestfriend.

Jessica looked up at Sooyoung with a sad face and Sooyoung can’t help but worry.

“Yah! Why is your face like that? Stop it. You look ugly.” Sooyoung jokingly said.

“Soo…” Jessica said again with a sad tone.

“Hey princess, what’s wrong?” Sooyoung asked.

“Remember when I told you that I will go out with Oppa last night?” Jessica asked.

“Yeah. You said you’ll finish your homework after going out with him” Sooyoung answered.

“That’s the problem Soo. I fell asleep as soon as I got home. I wasn’t able to finish it! And if I don’t pass it later, I might retake that class.” Jessica sadly replied.

“I told you to finish it first before going out with your boyfriend! Aish, you never listen Sica.” Sooyoung agitatedly replied.

“I know. I know. Please don’t scold at me. It’s the last thing I need.” Jessica depressingly said.

“Aish. You’re lucky you have the bestest friend in the world. Here!” Sooyoung said as she took out a folder for her backpack.

“ I kinda figured that you wouldn’t be able to finish it so there, I made it for you.” She added.

“Really? Thanks Soo! You’re the best! I’m so lucky to have you as my best friend!” Jessica said and kissed Sooyoung on her cheeks. Sooyoung just smiled.

“Bestfriend. That’s all I’ll ever be.” Sooyoung thought.

-----

Sooyoung is now at Jessica’s apartment, consoling her bestfriend because she found out that her boyfriend was cheating on her.

“How could he do this to me Soo? Am I not good enough?” Jessica vented out on her bestfriend.

“No Sica. It’s not your fault. You’re more than enough. He just doesn’t know your worth.” Sooyoung said as she hugs Jessica.

“And remember, it’s his lost, not yours. Anybody would be lucky to have you. You just need to find the right one.” Sooyoung added.

“Thanks Soo. Thank you for being always there for me. What did I ever do to deserve a bestfriend like you?” Jessica said to her.

“I know right. What did I ever do to have a bestfriend like you? Aish, such a headache!” Sooyoung jokingly said.

“YAAAAAAAH!” Jessica said as she punched Sooyoung’s shoulder.

“Hahaha. You know I’m kidding. You know that I love you.” Sooyoung replied.

“I love you too Stupid Choi.” Jessica answered back.

“Yeah. But never enough to let me enter your heart.” Sooyoung thought.

-----

Sooyoung received a call from Jessica and told her that she wanted her to have lunch with her. So, Sooyoung arrived at a restaurant from her office to meet her bestfriend. She and Jessica are both professionals now and they don’t see each other much often than they used to be but they are still the best of friends. She’s planning to confess to Jessica about her feelings for her. She was busy searching the place when she heard someone called her name.

“Soo!” Jessica called her and waved at her. Sooyoung waved back as she walks towards Jessica.

“Hey!” Sooyoung said as she hugs Jessica and soon enough, she saw a man standing behind Jessica.

Sooyoung looked at Jessica, her eyes asking the latter who the man is. Jessica smiled and held the arm of the man.

“Soo, I would like you to meet Donghae Oppa, my boyfriend.” Jessica excitedly said.

“Oppa, this is Sooyoung, my bestfriend.” Jessica introduced Sooyoung.

Sooyoung was shocked. Jessica hasn’t mentioned that she’s seeing anyone. But then again, as the bestfriend, she gave them a smile.

“Nice to meet you, Sooyoung. I’m Lee Donghae.” Donghae offered his hand.

“Nice to meet you. I don’t do handshakes.” Sooyoung said blankly as she puts her hands inside the pocket of jeans.

“Since when?” Jessica added. “I saw you giving handshakes to your clients before.” Jessica said while crossing her arms.

“For me, handshake means goodbye. If I shake your hand, it means

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter