The first meeting

Phone booth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The old house stood grandly overlooking the cold dark waters of the roaring sea. It's been 20 years since the house sat vacant, and it seems even longer since Jungkook's been back to his grandfather's ocean side house.

"Mr. Jeon kept the house in tip top shape but after his passing no one has paid much attention to it. "

Jungkook remembered the summers he spent with his grandfather fishing, gardening and just fixing up whatever needed to be done. Those memories seem so far and few, since moving to the states to finish his studies he didn't keep in touch with his grandfather as much as he wanted.

"I'll leave you to look around yourself, my house is down the hill if you need anything."

Jungkook bowed to the elderly lady as he watched her slowly walk down the hill. The smell of the saltwater seemed awfully strong signaling a big storm was going to hit, he remembered his grandfather always mentioning that "if the sea smelled strong a storm is coming. "

" One last thing son, the electric company hasn't come to turn on the electricity. There are lanterns in the closet to the right. "

He bowed again as the figure slowly faded into the dusk of the oncoming night.

As he made his way up to the house, a small stand alone glass booth stood along the path to the house. Making his way closer he opened the door to reveal an old school black rotary phone. Walking into the booth he picked up the phone and was waiting to be greeted with a dial tone but it was silent. The silence on the other end of the phone was deafening, it wasn't what he was expecting.

"Why would grandfather have a phone booth with a non working phone?"

The sky started rumbling signaling he better make his way to the house before the rain started.

"Am I too late?" He heard the faint voice of a female.

"Excuse me?" Jungkook asked perplexed. He turned around to be faced with a long dark haired girl with big eyes and skin as white as can be. Her small frame was enveloped in a large grey sweater that seem to be three sizes to big.

" Am I too late to use the phone booth?"

Jungkook looked to the booth he came out of and looked back to the girl. "I'm sorry, it's currently not working. I was just in there."

The look of sadness in her eyes was evident as he watched her fidgeting with the helm of her sweater.

"You're more than welcome to use my cellphone. " he held out his phone as she just looked at it puzzled.

"That's not the same. " was all she said before turning and leaving.

"That was strange. " the raindrops started to fall as Jungkook turned to make his way to the house.

Once he entered the house the rain started to pour. The smell of the old house was stale and musty. For being abandoned so long the house was in great shape. The dust mites and spiders hadn't made a home in it yet.

Remembering what the old lady had said he walked to the closet and got out the lanterns. Once he lit the light he took a tour of the house.

The old furnishings remained in the house under blankets of plastic coverings to protect from dust. The house consistent of four bedrooms all on the top floor and five bathrooms, one on the lower level and the rest upstairs. The feeling of the house was th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter