"It's College. It's Our Time to Explore."

"It's College. It's Our Time to Explore."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~A/N: Prompt- Taehyung and Jimin are college sophomores, dating until Jungkook, the freshman in college enters in and makes them both fall for him.

 

Taehyung's POV

"Jiminie!" Taehyung called out to his black-haired boyfriend who was sitting at their usual table in the large and mostly empty courtyard. It had been about three weeks since he'd last seen his lovely boyfriend. Jimin looked up towards Taehyung and smiled widely once his eyes landed on the younger. Taehyung hurried over to Jimin who stood up and held his arms out wide so the younger could easily hug him. Taehyung smiled happily as he embraced Jimin, pulling the shorter into a tight hug.

"I missed you," He whispered into Jimin's ear as he nuzzled the elder's neck, pulling him impossibly closer. Jimin giggled and hugged back just as tightly if not more.

"Me too... three weeks without any contact with you is much too long," Jimin responded.

"Hmm...it really is. You don't know how much I wished my phone had service. There were moments when I wanted to just run away and jump onto a train to get back to you," Taehyung mumbled into Jimin's neck.

"I think I can guess how much you wanted to. I actually thought about joining you out there a couple of times even though I knew it was impossible," Jimin replied giggling and pulling away slightly to look at Taehyung.

They both stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds before Jimin leaned forward and pressed his soft lips to Taehyung's. Taehyung responded in full by pressing against Jimin's lips more firmly and closing his eyes. The two kissed for a bit before pulling away flustered and giggly. After exchanging a couple more kisses the two sat down across from each other at the table. Taehyung smiled goofily as he rested his cheeks on his hands and stared at the elder.

"What's is it, Tae?" Jimin asked noticing the goofy smile the other wore. Taehyung shook his head and continued to stare at Jimin.

"Nothing, I'm just happy to see you," Taehyung said smiling brightly knowing Jimin would blush cutely at his words. And blush he did, a slight flush made its way onto Jimin's cheeks as he hid his face behind his small hands and he giggled at the other. Honestly, one would think these two had just started dating by the way they acted sometimes. But that wasn't the case at all, in fact, Jimin and Taehyung had already been dating for well over a year.

"Aww, you're so adorable Jiminie!" Taehyung declared as he reached over to remove Jimin's hands from the elder's face.

"I'm happy to see you too, you always brighten my day," Jimin responded, with a wide smile, after a few seconds to allow his blush to calm down. Taehyung continued to smile at him and Jimin did the same. It was all very mushy and cute to any outside observer.

"So tell me what's been happening while I was away?" Taehyung asked as he continued to hold Jimin's small hands in his own and caress the skin softly.

"No, you first! You're the one who's been gone! How was your expedition?" Jimin asked excitedly.

"It was good. I think I've learned a lot about what I'll be doing in the future and seeing all the things I'll get to do just made me want to work harder," Taehyung began as he described all the things he got to do. He described the forest they'd camped in for their little expedition and how he had to share a tent with a couple other students. Taehyung also went on the explain the things he saw in the forest and how he'd learned to identify certain insects and plants. It was quite clear that Taehyung loved being around nature and studying living things. Jimin always felt like Taehyung's dream to become an ecologist was just perfect for him.

"Wow, it sounds like you had a lot of fun!" Jimin commented as Taehyung finished his tale. Taehyung nodded humming in agreement.

"So tell me about how things went for you while I was away? What did I miss around here?" Taehyung asked looking at Jimin curiously.

"Well... nothing nearly as exciting as the things you experienced. I just went to classes as usual and hung out with our friends," Jimin answered.

"What about your dance recital? It was a week ago, right? How'd that go? I'm so sorry I had to miss it," Taehyung said bringing Jimin's hand to his lips and kissing it softly as a form of apology.

"It's ok Tae, I understand, and it went really well" Jimin replied smiling at the younger sweetly.

"Still am sorry. I'd have given the world to be there," Taehyung responded with a sigh.

"There's really no need to be, you're allowed to miss a few recitals every now and then. Besides you were off on an adventure, one I encouraged you to go on, so I'm really not upset or anything about it! And even though you weren't there, our hyungs were there to support me. As well as someone new that I recently met and um...," Jimin hesitated with how to say what he wanted to say next as he pulled his hands back towards himself.

"What is it Jimine? You know you can tell me anything. Who's this new person?" Taehyung reassured the other wondering what it was that Jimin was having trouble saying.

"Well...his name is Jungkook but I've taken to calling him Kookie, and he's two years younger than us, so he's a freshman. He's really cute Tae, like a bunny all soft and cuddly! And he's really nice and helpful too, though he refuses to call my hyung sometimes... and well... over the last couple of weeks we grew really close... and he... well he confessed to me yesterday," Jimin finally lets out.

"Oh... so what did you tell him?" Taehyung asked a little surprised, this is not what he expected to hear when he came back.

"Um... remember that one conversation we had a really long time ago about polyamorous relationships?" Jimin asked.

"Yea...?" Taehyung replied unsurely wondering why Jimin was bringing that up now.

"Well, Kookie knows about you. I talk about you all the time so he knows I'm dating you and he thinks you sound really cool. He also thinks you're really handsome form the pictures I've shown him. He wants to meet you... and he wants to get to know you as well," Jimin said picking at his sweater sleeve.

"He does?" Taehyung asked confused.

"Yea. He... well Kookie is special, he told me about how he's panual and he believes that polyamorous relationships are possible. He says he knows he likes me and he also knows he likes you, or at least the idea of you... that's why he wants to meet you and bond. He's hoping that maybe both of us would be up for trying to have a polyamorous relationship," Jimin explains.

"Oh...," Taehyung was left speechless by everything, but he was also oddly curious to meet this Jungkook.

"So... do you want to... um... give it a try?" Jimin asked looking at Taehyung curiously.

"Hmm... first answer me this, do you like him? And don't worry, I won't hate you or be mad even if you say yes," Taehyung said. Jimin hesitated before giving a small nod.

"I like him Tae...enough that if we weren't dating I'd think about dating him, but not enough to leave you for him and he doesn't want me to do that anyway. He was adamant about that... He really meant what he was saying, he doesn't just like me, he also likes you or at least thinks there is a high chance he will... and maybe that's why I like him so much? He's really genuine... anyway, if I'm being honest I think you'll feel the same way I do about him once you get to know him," Jimin answered truthfully. Taehyung nodded accepting the elder's answer.

"Ok... then I guess I should meet the kid at least. I'm not sure if he'll actually like me or if I'll like him but we can see... and maybe things will work out the way he wants," Taehyung said. Jimin nodded smiling at the younger softly.

"Well, then how about I call him and ask him to come meet you now?" Jimin suggested.

"Sure. Why not?" Taehyung responded with a small smile of his own. He wasn't sure what to think about this Jungkook kid yet but he was willing to indulge in his own curiosity and see where things went. Besides he'd never been against polyamorous relationships, he'd just never expected he'd be in one. But that's the thing about relationships, he supposed, you never know what to expect until you experience it.

Sadly, Taehyung wasn't able to meet Jungkook that day with Jimin because the youngest had been busy with a group project. However, Taehyung did end up meeting the young man the very next day while he was walking back to the dorms from his class. They had ended up bumping into one another in the hallway. And all of the younger's papers had went flying. Taehyung had immediately apologized and bent down to help pick up all the scattered paper on the floor. He handed them over to the stranger and was awestruck by how handsome the other male was.

"Thank you!" The young man said.

"No problem. Sorry for bumping into you!" Taehyung responded.

"Oh, you don't need to apologize.  It was my fault. I should have paid attention to where I was going."

"The same could be said for me though."

"Yea... but... still... I'm sorry"

"In that case, I'm sorry too," Taehyung replied.

"But you don't need to be," The stranger insisted.

"Hmm how about we just say we're both to blame and that neither of us needs to apologize?" Taehyung suggested with a boxy grin. The other male chuckled and nodded. Taehyung noticed another sheet up paper lying behind the male and reached for it. He picked it up and looked at the sheet curiously.

"Oh, is this for Understand Music 101?" Taehyung asked handing the paper back to the other.

"Yea, it's for my minor. You've taken it before?" The young man asked.

"Hmm hmm, last semester. I took it just for fun though. Who's your professor?"

"Uh he's a foreigner and I can never quite pronounce his name."

"Is he bald, speaks with what sounds like a Russian accent, and usually brings in a new selection of music to play in class every day either on the piano or guitar?"

"Yea! Is that who you had?"

"Yep, and no worries I couldn't pronounce his name either. I don't think anyone really could. We all just called him The Professor," Taehyung replied laughing a little. The stranger laughed as well.

"Ah, that's what my class is doing as well, though some have teasingly called him Professor X for some reason."

"Hmm...I guess there might be a little bit of a resemblance," Taehyung decided to say.

"I guess? I mean maybe if he had a wheelchair he'd look more like Professor X?" The other suggested trying to imagine it in his head.

"Yea, he really would," Taehyung agreed and then broke into another round of laughter. After the laughter died down the other spoke up.

"Um, you're Taehyung right?" The young man asked giving Taehyung a cute bunny smile. Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows in confusion but nodded.

"Yea, how do you know my name?" Taehyung asked.

"Ah, well I'm Jungkook... sorry I wasn't able to meet you and Jimin yesterday," Jungkook replied rubbing the back of his neck with a shy smile.

"Oh... wow I didn't expect to meet you like this," Taehyung responded with a small laugh, amused by the situation. Honestly, he expected his first meeting with Jungkook to be a little awkward. Jimin had essentially said Jungkook had a crush on him, and knowing that made Taehyung nervous for some reason, and he expected that nervousness to make their first encounter awkward. But this encounter had been easy, fun even.

"Yea neither did I... um... I know Jimin probably told you everything about me and I hope you don't hate me for confessing to your boyfriend and... well you know... I really don't want to start any trouble, if you're uncomfortable with the idea of getting to know me and maybe us three being in a possible relationship, you don't need to force yourself. I'll back off," Jungkook said looking equal parts sad and scared, but overall absolutely serious. Taehyung didn't like that scared look the younger had, and after thinking for a moment, he shook his head.

"I don't hate you or anything. At the moment I'm probably just indifferent about you. I'll admit I am a little cur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter