Friendship and Love

Echoes of Love

Jiyeon's breathing was apparently slow while she waited for Jessica's answer to Hyomin's question. When a smile crept on her sister's face, her level of anxiety increased. She feared that it might be a sign that Jessica will tell Hyomin and Qri who she really is in their friend's life.

At last, after a long wait, Jessica answered the query. "My personal butler is a relative of her parents. I am staying at their place until the day I return to the U.S.."

Jiyeon mentally heaved a sigh of relief after hearing Jessica's lie. But her tranquility was only short-lived because the curious Hyomin didn't stop asking questions.

"Didn't you say your parents were from around here?"

"Yes, I did say that when I introduced myself. Why?"

"Being born here means they have relatives here in South Korea. Why didn't you live with them instead?"

Jessica hates lying but she continued doing so for her sister's sake. "The ones who lived here in Seoul migrated to Canada and Iceland. We have a few relatives in Incheon but but my parents are currently not in good terms with them because of business matters. Jiyeon and I had known each other since we were young. Her parents are like family to me so I chose to live with them instead."

Qri and Hyomin's mouths formed into an O. They kicked Jiyeon's leg and flashed her a teasing grin.

"So she's your type huh?" Hyomin taunted, causing Jiyeon to glower at her. "Now I understand why you rejected Eunjung."

Confused with the topic, Jessica didn't hesitate to ask who Eunjung is.

"She's a pretty girl from another school who has a huge crush on our friend. She confessed last month but sadly got rejected," Qri answered.

"A girl confessed to Jiyeon?" Jessica asked, surprised with the information she heard. 

"That's right. Jiyeon's charm is the type that both men and women fall for. A lot of girls here in Sirin have a crush on our friend. The ones who confessed got rejected immediately." Qri paused and her eyes flickered to the two girls she assumed have something romantic going on. "Now I have an idea why she did."

Jiyeon was supposed to negate Qri's assumptions but Jessica was quick to defend her. "We're not what you think we are. We're good friends and that's all."

Hyomin and Qri looked at each other and shrugged. "Okay. If you say so then we're not going to insist."

÷÷÷÷÷

Park Jiyeon, Lee Qri and Park Hyomin are the most popular senior students in Sirin. Aside from their charming looks, they're also famous for being good in sports. They are the key players of the school's volleyball team. Each of them have won an MVP award ever since they started playing the sport.

Since Qri and Hyomin were persistent in making the reluctant Jessica hang out with them, Jiyeon had no choice but to welcome her sister in her small circle of friends. She did everything she can to avoid making the two find out that they are biologically related.

Jessica immediately became popular in Sirin because of her beauty, intellect and the social status of her adoptive family. Many students spazzed over her. Male suitors were too numerous to count but only one of them won Jessica's attention. His name is Kim Jaejoong - one of the twenty scholars in Sirin and the humble president of the student council.

While Jessica's alone at the garden and reading her notes, a piece of red rose touched the tip of her nose. She looked at where it's bearer stood and flashed a genuine smile upon locking gaze with the handsome student. 

"Hi!" Jaejoong greeted before placing a kiss on Jessica's forehead. "For you. To commemorate our first week of being together."

Jessica gladly accepted the flower and inhaled it's sweet scent. "Thank you. It's so beautiful Jae."

"Not as beautiful as you though."

Jessica chuckled at Jaejoong's romantic response. She tapped the space beside her, gesturing him to take a seat. They were silent for a while as they adored the beautiful scenery.

"How was your meeting with the club presidents? Did it go well?" Jessica asked.

"Um...kind of."

"Kind of? That sounds like a negative answer. Why? What happened at the meeting? Did they not acquiesce with your propositions?"

Jaejoong remained silent as Jessica kept prodding him to tell her what transpired during the said meeting.

"Actually...I was lying to you when I said that I have a meeting. I really don't have an appointment today. I only made up an excuse so that I could work on something without you suspecting anything."

"What do you mean?"

Jaejoong smiled and pecked on Jessica's lips. "You'll see." He got on his feet and offered a hand to Jessica. He brought the girl to the student council's meeting room. The moment they set foot at the empty room, the lights simultaneously turned off and a video was flashed on the white screen. In this video, Jaejoong showed his adoration and appreciation for Jessica, who accepted him and loved him for who he is despite the difference in their social status.

Jessica was deeply touched with her boyfriend's heartwarming surprise. Tears of joy kept streaking down her face as she wrapped him in her arms. "Thank you. I love you so much Jae," she whispered ever so sweetly.

"I love you too Sica. Having you in my life makes me feel like I'm the luckiest man in the world. Thank you that it's me you chose. I will not make you regret loving someone like me."

Jessica tiptoed to give Jaejoong a kiss on his lips. The members of the student council who helped their president in pulling off the surprise came out of their hiding place and cheered the loving couple. 

After thanking his friends, Jaejoong escorted his girlfriend to the gym where Jiyeon and her friends were practicing. 

"Thank you for today. I really loved the surprise you prepared for me."

"You're welcome. I'm happy that you liked it. I'll see you tomorrow princess. I love you."

"I love you too Jae. Bye." Jessica pecked on Jaejoong's cheek before letting go of his hand. He waved her friends goodbye before exiting the gym.