fin.

you're my sunshine (whenever it rains).
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We're really at the aquarium!” Yuna exclaimed upon seeing the huge sign displayed at the top of the entrance. Holding onto Yewon’s hand tightly, she quickly pulled Yewon in after the latter had bought them tickets for them to enter.

 

Yewon could not help but to smile as she looked at her excited girlfriend. It was finally her off-day after a long week of work at the office so she decided to take Yuna out since the older girl was not working as well and it had been awhile since they last went on a date. Yewon initially wanted to take her girlfriend out for a fancy dinner but remembering how Yuna had mentioned the aquarium one night before they head to sleep, she decided to take her to the said place and save the dinner for their special day instead.

 

“Yewon, let's start here first!” Yuna smiled brightly and led the younger girl to the exhibition that caught her attention first.

 

The smile on Yewon’s face remained intact as she kept her eyes on Yuna. It was not that the aquarium was boring but the older girl was just too distracting for her. Yuna had this fascinated look every time she spotted a new species of fish in the tank and Yewon could not help but to capture every moment with her phone to keep them as memories. She did not mind that Yuna was barely paying any attention to her as long as the latter was enjoying her time at the aquarium. Being able to fulfil Yuna’s wish was already enough to keep herself happy and contented.

 

“Yewon, look. It's a giant stingray!”

 

With her camera still up to take another shot of Yuna, Yewon felt her heart leap when Yuna turned around to face her with her brightest smile while pointing to the said fish. The back light was shining directly behind the older girl, making Yuna look much more ethereal than she already was. Yewon could also see her girlfriend's eyes twinkling with the very same excitement she saw earlier on and it was making her feel warm all over. At that moment, she felt like the most luckiest person on Earth to have someone like Yuna in her life.

 

“Why are you staring at me like that?” Yuna blinked, confused as to why Yewon had her jaw slightly hanging and was looking at her in awe.

 

Yewon’s cheeks were flushed. She didn't even realise she had been staring at Yuna for the past few minutes so it was extremely embarrassing that Yuna had caught her looking like a lovesick fool. “N-nothing. Let's go see some turtles now! Y-you love turtles, right?”

 

“Turtles?”

 

Yuna’s eyes brightened up once again and Yewon unconsciously smiled at the sight of it. She felt herself falling in love with Yuna all over again as the latter held onto her hand and pressed a soft kiss on her cheek after. It had been six months since they first started dating but never once did Yewon’s feelings for Yuna disappeared. Yuna never stopped surprising her every single day, causing Yewon to fall deeper for her all the time.

 

“Let's go see the turtles now!!”

 

~.~.~

 

Yewon didn't know what to do. Yuna looked like she was about to cry at any second. The younger girl sighed, trying to pull Yuna away but the girl gave her the puppy eyes that she wasn't able to do anything but to wait for Yuna to do something.

"He looked so lonely." Yuna said with a cracked voice and Yewon turned her head to the lone turtle that Yuna kept on staring at for the past fifteen minutes. Yes, fifteen minutes.

 

"We should help him, Yewon." Yuna said, almost pleading the younger girl. Yewon swallowed hard. She couldn’t say no when Yuna kept on looking at her with eyes that tells her the girl needs her.

 

“I’m sure he will have new friends joining him soon,” Yewon walked over to her girlfriend and tried to pull her away from the tank again but Yuna would not budge at all. In fact, Yuna glared at Yewon instead.

 

“If you're not going to help, then I’m doing this alone,” Yuna huffed and turned her back towards Yewon.

 

The younger girl sighed for the nth time as she watched Yuna get on her tiptoes. As much as she wanted to stop her, Yuna looked extremely determined to ‘save’ the turtle that Yewon did not have the heart to do so.

 

“Excuse me, miss. What are you doing?”

 

Yewon felt her heart accelerating. Turning her head sharply, her eyes widened when she saw a guard walking towards them with a huge frown on his face. She wanted to just grab Yuna and pull them away from the scene but unfortunately, the guard was fast enough to reach them.

 

“Yewon! Mr. Turtle here is in good—”

 

Yuna stopped her sentence halfway and looked at the guard with innocent eyes. Yewon’s heart melted at the sight but at the same time, she wished she could just disappear. Along with Yuna of course.

 

“Miss, I would appreciate it if you put the turtle back into his tank. There's clearly a sign where it says you shouldn't touch any of the species here.”

 

Yuna pouted and looked at the turtle she was holding with sad eyes. Yewon felt herself getting smaller by the moment as the guard continued staring at Yuna intently while she placed the creature back to where he belonged.

 

“I’m really sorry for the disruption, Sir,” Yewon bowed to the guard and held onto Yuna’s hand tightly after, tugging her away from him as quickly as possible.

 

“I’m sorry, too.”

 

Yewon stopped in her tracks and turned to look at her girlfriend who had her head hung low. Yuna’s tone was laced with guilt and it made her heart clench hearing Yuna apologise.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter