Chapter 10

Look What Moon Byulyi Made Me Do

Student Council President The Greasers' Leader

____________________________________________________

“I’ve gone crazy... for liking you.”

‘What?’

Byulyi pushed Yongsun away softly but her hands gripped on her shoulders tightly. The brunette looks confused as the pair of her big eyes stared straight toward Byulyi deep yet anxious. Byulyi still put a surprised look on her face until she can’t even uttered a single word. The reality seems too hard for her to comprehend and her mind went blackout for a while.

‘What is this feeling?’

Deep inside her heart, Byulyi admitted she did feels flattered because of the sudden confession. But, she just didn’t know how to describe her feeling right now. Do she feels happy to hear that? Do it really makes her feeling like to jump until cloud nine? And the most important thing is, do she feels the same?

From afar, Byulyi caught all of the lecturers and students were on their way to the bus. Without wasting more time, Byulyi looked into Yongsun’s eyes who was still confused with her reaction. She heaved a heavy sigh before blurted out impassively. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, but- !” Byulyi accidentally cursed before she continued. “But just forget it, okay? You don’t know me yet.”

Byulyi let go of her grip on Yongsun and hastily hopped in the bus back before the others arrive. On the other hand, Yongsun tried her very best to control the heart-breaking feeling that started to overwhelm inside. Truthfully is she just has no idea why does it felt so hurt to be rejected by Byulyi. For Yongsun, she had no clue since when she has developed that feeling and how came she was so fearless to confess it to the girl. And yes, it is a freaking girl. She used to date boys back then and it’s always the guy will confesses to her first. But now, what just happening to her?

One thing for sure, all of the things that she just said are true. She still can’t figure out what the reasons are, but one day she will knows.

Nonetheless, Yongsun felt those little tears started to fall down from her eyes again. She don’t want to cry once more but she just can’t hide her feeling. Unknowingly, Wheein who was walking with Sooyeon and Yoona a bit startled when she saw Yongsun was standing in front of the bus door, shedding tears from her eyes. She quickly walked to the older brunette and touched her shoulders gently. The moment those brown orbs stared straight into hers, Wheein guessed it’s true. Yongsun is crying.

“Unnie, what’s wrong?”, Wheein asked out of concern.

Yongsun quickly wiped away her tears and beamed a smile though it looks fake. “N-Nothing.. I’m just...”

Yongsun looks terribly trembled to even utter a single word. Wheein quickly cut her off. “What now? You told me that you miss your parent yesterday. And this time, who did you miss until you cry like this, unnie?”

Yongsun tried to think of a reasonable excuse to give to Wheein but after a while she just burst into tears again. Wheein was panicking because of that so she quickly soothed the older girl by rubbing her back softly. Then, she pulled Yongsun away from there so that the others won’t notice Yongsun who still crying. Wheein dragged the older girl a little bit far from the bus so that Yongsun can tell everything to her.

With all her courage, Yongsun finally told about all the feelings that she has been felt and kept for Byulyi. How she felt her heart started to beat unusually from the very beginning they were at Jeju Forest. The true reason why she cried out of a sudden yesterday morning. And how she confessed to Byulyi before but then the girl rejected her just like that.

Wheein listened to all of it attentively that sometimes she will sighed here and there. Now Wheein knows the reasons behind all those weird intimate interactions that both of the older girls have been showing toward each other. At first, Wheein also thought that it was quite intriguing when Yongsun confessed that she started to like Byulyi in the other way around. Wheein knows about Yongsun’s past and she also learnt that Yongsun is not that easy-to-fall-in-love type of person. But after the older brunette confessed everything with sometimes she will shed the tears in her eyes, Wheein convinced that Yongsun was telling the truth.

“Wheein-ie, don’t you feel uncomfortable that I like a girl?”

Suddenly, Yongsun asked the younger out of the blue. Yongun has stopped crying but Wheein still can see that she was sobbing indeed not that worst like before. Honestly, Wheein was not surprised at all after she knows about Yongsun’s love interest toward the same gender or should she says gay. After all, Wheein has a secret that she kept from Yongsun too. But after listening to the older girl’s story, Wheein took a deep breath and decided to tell about the secret to Yongsun.

“I’m not. Actually, I have something to tell you too..”

Wheein was a bit hesitated to announce it. Yongsun still quieted down but her eyes were sparkling, ready to give all her ears to listen to it. Wheein took another deep breathe before she voiced out with an awkward smile on her face.

“I have officially dating with Hyejin.”

Yongsun nodded her head slowly before her eyes opened wide. “Really?”, she asked enthusiastically. The younger brunette just replied a sheepish smile and hung her head low as she was blushing hard right now. Yongsun can’t contain her feeling that she started to grin like a fool before she attacked Wheein with a lot of questions that sometimes the younger has to answer all of it embarrassingly. They walked to the bus back while chatting with each other.

As both of them got into the bus, they saw all of the others were already at their own respective seats. Yongsun turned her gaze to the very back seat of the bus and her eyes quickly caught the silver haired girl sat there alone with a face that totally hard to read. Surprisingly, Byulyi turned to look at Yongsun and they both locked their eyes to one another for a while before Yongsun reluctantly looked away and sat beside Wheein at the very front seat.

The bus started to move to the way of their campus. Yongsun putted her elbow on the seat’s holder and rested her chin on her palm. It was easy for her to watch the scenery at the outside as she sat beside the window. Wheein was sleeping soundly that she has already rested her head on Yongsun’s shoulder. A lot of things were bothering her mind now that Yongsun started to feel suffocated. She heaved a sigh and closed her eyes shut. Maybe take a nap can clear her mind back and control the feeling that overwhelms inside her heart.

Well, hope so.

---

Two and a half weeks later

“Hyejin-ie!”

Wheein quickly pulled Hyejin into a tight hug as soon as she stepped into Ahn’s Salon. There was no customer that time so Hyejin kissed Wheein for a couple good minutes before pulled away. The result were a deep blushing Wheein and Hyejin still with her seductive face shooting a flirtatious smirk. It was still unbelievable how can the two of them fall in love with each other and be together now. But no matter what it is, they both just didn’t care about anything anymore yet they are happy after all.

“You smell so good. Anyway, you don’t have any class right now?”

Wheein shyly smiled after Hyejin blatantly complimented her. She presented a huge smile while nodded her head. “I don’t have any. Actually, I supposed to help Yongsun unnie right now but she declined my offer. So, here I am.” Wheein let out a cute chuckle which has brought a smile to Hyejin’s lips. But then, the short haired girl threw a worry look at Wheein.

“Speaking of Yongsun unnie, how is she doing?”

Wheein has told everything to Hyejin as soon as they met with each other. Hyejin’s reaction about it was just the same like Wheein at first but then she has already expected it. The way Byulyi reacted everytime she mentioned anything about Yongsun was so apparent until Hyejin can notice that Byulyi did keep something inside her heart for the Student Council President. But Hyejin kind of surprised to know that Yongsun was thne to confess and sadly got rejected by Byulyi. Love sometimes can be considered crazy, that we can attach to someone who is totally different from us. Same goes like Wheein and Hyejin. But after a while, Hyejin was a bit disappointed with Byulyi too when she finally can see there is something special hiding between the two older girls.

Who knows, The Greasers’ leader Moon Byulyi, actually can be such a heartbreaker.

Wheein bitterly smiled before she walked to one of the sofas inside the salon and sat on it. Hyejin followed suit and sat beside the brunette. After heaving a heavy sigh, Wheein quickly answered. “Well, unnie is doing fine though. Just that, she keeps on busying herself to forget about that thing.”

“Wow, she is truly affected by that pretty jerk.”

Hyejin shook her head vigorously remembered about Byulyi. Despite of the mysterious aura that Byulyi got, plus with her stubbornness, it is totally hard to deal with her. Yongsun is one of the persons that has to face that problem too now. Reminded about something, Hyejin quickly spoke out.

“I don’t have any idea where is Byulyi too now. I wonder what she’s been up to these past few days.”

Wheein was totally surprised to hear that. “What do you mean? I thought you guys always hangout together?”

Hyejin lifted her shoulders and threw a blank look. “Well, I never meet her since you guys got back from the camp, babe.”

“That’... weird.” Wheein drown in her own thoughts as a lot of questions were lingering in her mind now. But after all, Wheein can’t even answer any of it yet she was also clueless.

“Now, now. Why don’t we have our lunch first, I’m starving over here. My treat this time.”

As soon as Wheein heard that, she squealed happily and nodded her head. Maybe she will figure everything out later. But now, food is important.

“Of course!”

---

“Sun, are you listening to me?”

Yongsun was unconsciously spacing out before Mrs. Naeul’s voice snapped her back into reality. Yongsun blinked her eyes a few times and corrected the position of her small notepad in her hands. She gave an awkward smile to the main chef of Elysian Academy’s cafeteria, Mrs. Naeul who’s in her half 40’s. “S-Sorry, auntie. I was thinking about something a while ago.”

Mrs. Naeul simply shook her head and chuckled. “Aigoo, I know what young woman like you has been thinking about, Sun.”, the older woman said and gave a meaningful smile to Yongsun.

Yongsun can quite understand with what the woman trying to say so she hung her head low and blushing out of the blue. Yongsun is really close with the main chef of the cafeteria and she has been called shortly as ‘Sun’ instead of Yongsun by Mrs. Naeul. The woman did tell her once that Yongsun’s smile is bright just like the sun so that’s why she loves to call Yongsun by that short name.

Yongsun cleared to change the topic. “So, what you want me to buy again?”

Weird as it seems, Yongsun was at the cafeteria right now, just willingly asked Mrs. Naeul if she can helps the older woman to buy groceries for the cafeteria. Before that, she was busied cleaning the Student Council Club’s room just by herself. She even softly declined every offer the other students gave to help her including Wheein and the Blackpink girls. She did all of that just to keep herself busy and no time to think about anything else at all especially about a certain girl named Moon Byulyi. But guess that is not the best idea after all when that silver haired girl still haunted her mind.

Yongsun wondered where have Byulyi been these past few days. There’s no single meeting with the taller girl since they got back from the camp. Byulyi just went missing out of a sudden. Yongsun thinks that Byulyi might be at her clique’s headquarter but going there is not the rightest decision to do. Didn’t Byulyi not even gives a single care about her? It’s so pointless. Yongsun sighed.

“Look, you’ve been spacing out again.”

Yongsun awkwardly laughed and scratched her not-so-itchy head. Two times she has been caught and Yongsun finally started to feel embarrassed with the older woman. Mrs. Naeul just simply smiled before she repeated back what she has just said to Yongsun. This time, Yongsun listened to her attentively and jotted down the things that she needs to buy on her notepad. After then, she said goodbye to the older woman and walked away from there to buy the groceries. Of course Mrs. Naeul didn’t forget to give her the sufficient money to buy all of that.

As she walked pass one by one of the tables inside the cafeteria, her ears caught a conversation came from some students who sat nearby. Yongsun slower her pace to listen to them more clearly.

“What’s wrong with our boss lately?”, the first student who has a pretty deep voice asked.

“I don’t know, she’s been so aggressive. A huge fight with some Preppies yesterday.”, the one with a more softer voice answered.

Then, jumped in the other one followed with a girly scream. “Byulyi noona is so scary though!”

Gasped. Yongsun immediately stopped on her track as soon as she heard the mention of that name. She turned her back to look at the students and noticed they’re wearing black leather jacket just like the one that Byulyi always wore. She totally sure the boys are from The Greasers indeed. But what bothered her mind the most is Byulyi has been involved in a huge fight with The Preppies. Yongsun started to feel her heart beating faster and her adrenaline rushed like crazy.

---

As Yongsun pushed the trolley passing one by one of the racks inside the supermarket, she took a glance at her wristwatch and shocked to see it’s already 5.00 in the evening. She took a long last good look of all the items inside the trolley and nodded her head feeling satisfied. She pushed the trolley to the counter to do payment.

Two plastic bags are not that heavy for Yongsun to bring along. Glad that the ingredients that Mrs. Naeul asked her to buy are not that many anyway. She planned to just walk back to the back as it’s not that far though. The earphones that plucked to her ears making her deaf to hear anything that was happening around her. She turned left to a shortcut that she knows. But the path is totally deserted because not that a lot of students know about that shortcut. Thanks to some of her classmates who suggested the shortcut, Yongsun felt it’s easier to arrive at the campus.

There some moments she will sang along the song that has been playing through her playlist. Better Together by Lee Hyori. Yongsun has been admiring Lee Hyori since she was still a small kid and somehow that was the reason why she loves to sing sometimes. Even Yongsun’s family and friends even did say that Yongsun has a good voice and suggest her to become a singer one day. Always feeling embarrassed with the remark, Yongsun just denied it shyly and said that singing is just her hobby.

Yongsun walked to the side for a little when she realized there are some motorbikes drove pass her. Yongsun secretly complained about how they drove their motorcycles in a high speed. But then, an unpleasant feeling started to creep inside her heart when the motorbikes turned back toward her direction and moved closer to her. Yongsun wandered her eyes around her surrounding and clearly there’s no one else there. Now, she was regretting to take the decision on using the shortcut.

“Hello there, cutie. Are you by yourself? Why don’t you ride with me, huh?”

Yongsun was totally panicking right now. She hastily warded off the guy’s filthy hand that touched her shoulder. Surprisingly as it seems, the guys are from The Greasers. Those black leather jacket is so obvious for her to know them. Yongsun was so scared right now when another guy her long hair from behind. Another two motorbikes blocking her way so that she can’t escape. How she wishes there is someone that will come to save her right now.

Yongsun unconsciously crying inside.

‘Byulyi..’

“N-No, p-please don’t do anything t-to me. J-Just tell me w-what you want..”, Yongsun stutteringly said. Her voice was shaking like crazy right now.

The first guy who touched her shoulder before has already got off from his motorbike and stood right in front of Yongsun. He let out an evil chuckle until Yongsun can smell his stinky breathe. The guy bravely caressed her cheek which has made her automatically closed her eyes and her heart jumped.

‘No, save me.’

“I want to-“

Not until the guy can finishes his words, a loud roar came from a superbike can be heard from afar. Yongsun immediately knows the familiar sound. She quickly opened her eyes and turned her head to the sound. Unconsciously, a small smile quickly crept to her lips as her eyes greeted the sight of that familiar girl.

“You dirty-minded brat! I ask you to check on The Preppies headquarter, but the hell are you doing right now?!”

As soon as Byulyi put off her full-face helmet, she jumped off from her superbike and angrily walked to the guy who had let go of Yongsun. The guy looks terribly intimidated by the sudden presence of Byulyi. Without any mercy, the silver haired girl threw a punch straight to his face and made him fell to the ground. She stood back facing Yongsun and threw a dead glare to all of her members.

“Go do your job now!”

Right after that, all of The Greasers’ guys drove their motorbikes away leaving Byulyi and Yongsun alone there. Byulyi turned her back to look at Yongsun but her expression was still fierce like before. Nevertheless, Yongsun quickly blurted out.

“Thanks, Byul. If you’re not coming, I don-“

“You dumb.”

Byulyi cut her words off which made Yongsun’s eyes grew wider. “What?” Byulyi let out a rough hiss and scratched her head hard.

“Why are you walking alone here? It’s dangerous, you know!”

Yongsun blinked her eyes the moment Byulyi’s loud yell greeted her ears. Byulyi looks dead serious as both of her thick brows collided together yet her face was unreadable. Yongsun felt her heart pang with pain again that her eyes turned teary again. Byulyi’s face expression changed as soon as she saw it. With full courage, Yongsun glared back at Byulyi and softly screamed.

“You don’t have to yell everytime you talk with me, Byul. I know what I’m doing!”

Yongsun started to walk away from Byulyi while tears slowly streamed down to her cheeks. She shed the tears with the hem of her sleeves before she felt a hand grabbed her arm from behind. Yongsun stopped on her track but not looking at the person behind her. She stiffly stood there which has made Byulyi frustratedly walked in front of her. Yongsun stared at her feet and kept her eyes just there to not looking at the girl.

“Hey, let me send you home.”

Yongsun frowned when she heard that sudden soft voice pleaded to her. Yongsun slowly lifted her head and looked straight into those hazel eyes. After a while, Yongsun stutteringly voiced out. “E-Erm, b-but I h-have to g-give this to M-Mrs Naeul..” Yongsun lifted both of her hands to show those two plastic bags that she’s been holding.

“I will ask one of my boys to do it. Now, would you let me or not?”

Yongsun secretly gulped. She swears, never has once she saw someone intimidating like Byulyi became this soft and calm. But secretly, Yongsun loves this Byulyi more. Yeah. Yongsun nodded her head agreed with Byulyi’s offer.

And out of a sudden, the taller girl presented a smile to her. Although it just a small smile, but Yongsun can felt her heart beating like crazy.

‘Ouch.’

---

Yongsun thought that Byulyi will immediately left after she sent her home, but then unknowingly the silver haired girl has entered her house with a poker face. Well, Yongsun can’t say much about that since Byulyi has helped her to arrive home safely after all of those unexpected incidents before. First time ride on Byulyi’s superbike, Yongsun at first kind of scared that she will passes out if Byulyi drives the bike faster, but then Yongsun enjoyed the ride when Byulyi didn’t drives the bike in high speed.

Yongsun brought the glass of orange juice to the living room and put it on the table. Then, she sat on the single sofa beside the love couch that Byulyi sat on. Byulyi brought the glass to her lips and gulped half of it before put it back on the table. After that, silence started to take place filling the atmosphere.

Yongsun totally didn’t know what to say as Byulyi kept quiet showing no sign to start any conversation. Fiddling her fingers together, Yongsun spontaneously stood up which has made Byulyi stared at her weirdly. “E-Erm, I want to go to my room for a second.”

As Yongsun walked in front of Byulyi, suddenly she felt a strong grip on her hand which has made her body lose its balance. Yongsun let out a loud squeal due to the feeling of shock. As Yongsun opened her eyes, she secretly gulped when her face was so close with Byulyi like an inch apart. Yongsun realized she has sat on Byulyi’s lap with both of her hands held on the taller girl’s shoulders.

Byulyi let out a smirk as she saw Yongsun’s expression. “You’re always a cutie pie.”

Yongsun’s mochi cheeks immediately changed into deep crimson pink as soon as she heard Byulyi said that in a sensual deep voice. Due to the feeling of embarrassment, she accidentally hit on Byulyi’s shoulder hardly which has made the taller girl yelped in pain. Yongsun was startled and quickly asked her out of concern. “W-Why? D-Did it hurts?”

“Yeah... I’ve been involved in a big fight yesterday. One of the Preppies hit on that spot with a baseball bat.”, Byulyi spoke out before heaved a heavy sigh.

Yongsun looks unsatisfied as she frowned at Byulyi. “Why did you get into a fight anyway? You’re such a reckless!”

Yongsun softly rubbed the spot that she just hit on Byulyi a while ago. Wishes that the girl will not feel the pain anymore. But unknowingly, Byulyi kept on staring at Yongsun’s gorgeous face before she slowly talked. “I’ve been hearing them talking about how nice if you and that Suho boy get together.. I’m so mad that I punched them, but didn’t know it will turned out that huge though.”

Yongsun’s movement started to get slower as soon as she heard that. She tried to process those words in her brain and when she did, her eyes suddenly grew wider. Yongsun felt her breathe stuck at . “W-What?”, she nervously asked the taller girl.

Byulyi heaved a sigh. “You know that I won’t repeat it again.”

Yongsun felt her jaw dropped for a bit. She slowly shook her head and blinked her eyes a lot of times. “I-I mean... w-why did you have to be so m-mad?”

Byulyi scratched her nape awkwardly. For the very first time, Yongsun saw the girl’s cheeks flashing red for a bit. That sight made her wanted to faint but not yet until she heard the taller girl’s next statement.

“You... are my girlfriend.”

Gulped. Tell her that she was just dreaming right now. Tell her that everything is just a freaking dream. But she knows, all of it are purely real. Did The Greasers’ leader that is known to be quite stubborn and fierce just really said that to her? She felt her eyes can’t already grew wider than before.

“W-Wait, but I’m not- emphf.”

And now, Yongsun felt her eyes almost pop out.

Byulyi pushed her hand on the back of the brunette’s head closer to deepen the kiss that they just had. Byulyi closed her eyes shut as she enjoyed the kiss that later turned into a passionate one with Yongsun still confused to give any respond. After a good long minute, Byulyi pulled away from the kiss for a while to catch a breath. She got their foreheads touched against each other and she stared straight into those brown orbs.

“Be my girlfriend then.”

Silence for a while with no one uttered a single word. Byulyi thought that maybe Yongsun was still shocked with it but then she saw the brunette slowly nodded her head and shyly smiled. Byulyi can’t contained her feeling that she pulled Yongsun into another kiss. And finally, Yongsun started to respond it.

‘It might looks crazy for me to like someone nerdy like you, cutie pie.’

With eyes half opened, Byulyi stared at Yongsun who already closed her eyes shut. Secretly she let out a smile in the kiss and tighten the embrace around the brunette’s slender body. Then, Byulyi closed her eyes back as both of them enjoyed the moment wholeheartedly.

‘But it. I just don’t care. I like you, cutie pie.’

____________________________________________________

*squeal* So how was it, guys? I hope it's okay though. *blush* But honestly, I fainted. *lol*

But oh my gosh, protective Byul is so charming, and perfect, and everything. Ergh! *relax* Alright, alright. Calm myself down. O_O Haha, anyway, that's all for this update! And, see you in the next update. Byeee. *finger heart*

p/s: I've been wondering if I can try writing a fanfic with different theme. Like thriller, maybe? But I'm still not good enough for the heavy one. I'm still more into the light one though. But anyway, I never know what will happen in the future. So, yeah. Just want to share with you guys anyway. *hehe* Okay, for real, bye. ><

Aish, these two. *sigh* Love them so freaking much. :')