Chapter 10

The Bet

Over the next week, Jeonghan and Seungcheol had gone on several dates. On one of their dates, Seungcheol had taken Jeonghan to see a movie. It was Seungcheol's turn to plan the date that time and of course the guy had gone with something as cliche as a movie. The poor guy looked so nervous and Jeonghan had to stop himself from chuckling at the other's blatant inexperience with dating. Movies were known to be safe bet for dates because it didn't require any real effort from anyone. You just went in and watched a movie and maybe grab a meal but that was it. Not much too it and Jeonghan had to admit that even for Seungcheol, the date was rather boring. But of course, Jeonghan said nothing, wanting Seungcheol to believe that he was truly into him and that he didn't mind where they went or what they did. Thankfully, Seungcheol believed him and Jeonghan was glad that the other was easy to fool.

The next date that they had gone on was much more enjoyable for Jeonghan. They went for another long walk in some park that Jeonghan had never been to and the long haired teen was happy to walk along the path in the park with a nice breeze and a coffee in hand. Although they didn't talk much, Jeonghan was just happy to take a calming walk to enjoy the scenery and get lost in his thoughts. He didn't even mind when Seungcheol's hand would brush against his as they walked side by side, and a little part of him actually liked it because it added to the calming feel that he got as they walked.

All of their dates had been on weekends, Seungcheol's apparent schedule not allowing them to do anything else, and Jeonghan had agreed. Besides, it was easier to hide the "relationship" if they kept their activities to weekends only. He knew that K-Star's Angel dating the school's outcast would be big news and Jeonghan didn't think he was ready for that. The only person he had told was Sehun and he had met up with the other a few days later after school to let him know anything that the other would've found interesting. Sehun had praised him afterwards and Jeonghan felt his heart race at being praised by his long time crush. It reminded him of why he was doing all of this in the first place. It was all for Sehun.

However, despite Jeonghan's best efforts, the school slowly started to notice the change in Seungcheol and had quickly linked it back to the long haired blonde. It was quite obvious with Seungcheol suddenly hanging around the long haired blonde and his friends much more often. Seungcheol had began walking with Jeonghan in the hallways if they were heaing the same way and sometimes he was found talking with the other at Jeonghan's locker. It had also become a habit for the outcast to greet Jeonghan in the mornings and when he left after their last class, always giving him a bright smile. And the biggest indication that tipped the whole school off was Seungcheol now being seen in the lunch room on some days and he would always be seen sitting next to Jeonghan at their table. 

Stories and rumors quickly started to spread about what this new relationship really was and how it could've happened. And by Wednesday, Jeonghan was finally confronted about it by his friends.

"So!" Jun started as he slammed his books down on his desk to get Jeonghan's attention. "What's the deal with you and Seungcheol? Because a little birdy told me that there's more to it than just the casual smiles and the small talk you guys share at lunch."

"There might be something more..." Jeonghan said lazily and that was when Joshua and Wonwoo tuned in, although Wonwoo was trying his best to look like he was indifferent.

"Come on! I'm your best friend-"

"Actually, that's Joshua."

"Well I'm a good friend! I deserve to know the truth!" Jun whined. 

"And where are you hearing these stories? Because I never said anything to anyone. I was actually debating if was going to tell you guys at all."

"Well I heard from my baby, Minghao, obviously. And he heard it from Lisa, who heard it from Wendy, and she heard it from Jin who heard it from Changkhyun, who I think heard it from Seohyun." Jun explained and Jeonghan got dizzy just from hearing how far the rumors had spread. And leave it to Jun to keep his ears open for such stories. "So what's the truth? You guys screwing or what?"

"No we're not 'screwing'! We're...testing the waters." Jeonghan answered carefully and from the corner of his eye he could see a small smile form on Joshua's face.

"But with..Seungcheol? I mean I know it's been a long time since you've dated but him?" Jun questioned and a small part of Jeonghan got annoyed by what Jun was implying with his tone.

"Oh come on. You've hung out with the guy. He's not that bad of a guy." Jeonghan defended and Jun agreed after thinking about it for a moment.

"So what made you want to give him a shot?" Joshua asked but Jeonghan couldn't give him an answer.

Luckily though, Seungcheol had just walked in, and just like the last week or so, he had offered bright smile along with a good morning and Jeonghan's friends all about it like the little s that they were and Jeonghan told himself that was the reason for the blush that painted his face. Definitely not because Seungcheol had just greeted him with a simple "good morning."

And throughout the day, Jeonghan had to explain the same things over and over to his friends as they all asked him what the deal was with him and Seungcheol. And during lunch it was even worse because it felt like all eyes were on them as Seungcheol shyly sat down next to him at their table. Jeonghan did his best to ignore it but he could tell that Seungcheol was getting a little uncomfortable with all the whispers and looks that he was receiving.

"Are they bothering you?" Jeonghan asked quietly and Seungcheol just shook his head.

Knowing tha the other was lying, Jeonghan pushed on. "Seungcheol, we can always leave if you don't like it. It's no big deal."

"No no...I'm fine. It's just....You told me you wanted to keep this on the down-low but now everyone's talking about us. I guess I just feel bad." The older said, looking incredibly guilty as he bit down on his bottom lip.

Jeonghan just stared at the other for a moment and all he wanted to do was get rid of the sad look on Seungcheol's face. "Cheol, listen. People are gonna talk. I mean it's you and me. We're not the most likely couple to happen. All we have to do is ignore them. They'll get bored eventually."

"You just called me Cheol." Seungcheol said, his cheeks pink and his eyes wide.

"Oh..yeah...that just kinda came out. I'm sorry. Is that weird?" 

"No! I liked it. You can call me that whenever you want." Seungcheol said quickly and they both smiled until they heard fake and over exaggerated choking coming from across their table.

It was Seungkwan who was going on and on about how sickeningly sweet they were being. The others at their table were all grinning as if they were watching their favorite romcom and just next to them, Mingyu was doing a terrible reenactment of the entire thing. Jeonghan stomped on Mingyu's foot under the table and then he glared at Seungkwan.

"Oh shut up! When you and Vernon got together we all had to survive your sweet talk followed by the two of you face. And don't even get me started on when Mingyu and Wonwoo get together. Me and Cheol aren't nearly as bad! At least we keep things PG-13!" Jeonghan said, although he had said that a little too loudly that people from a few tables around them all stared, which of course led to another wave of whispers and even more staring.

Jeonghan shrunk in his seat after that and Seungcheol just chuckled and rubbed his back to try and help him get over the embarrassment. Jeonghan mentally punched himself because he just gave the gossipers more things to talk about. 

 

 

On Thursday, the entire school was now under the impression that Choi Seungcheol and Yoon Jeonghan were now a couple. Whether or not they were serious was still up for debate, but everyone now had an idea that there was at least something going on between them.

Jeonghan thought it would've been a bother but it actually became a little amusing. He always loved messing around with people so it was always hilarious to him how he could simply lean in a little closer to Seungcheol and someone who was watching them from across the hall would freak out. It was also amusing to see Seungcheol getting flustered under all of the attention he was getting. Before the other used to be the one people would run away from and the only attention he received was negetive and provoking. But now it seemed that since he was potentially "off the market" he had become quite popular among some girls. They would giggle as they passed his way and some would even go up to him and start a conversation while batting their eyelashes and trying to look cute. Apparently the whole "bad boy" concept had become a hot new thing and more and more girls wanted in on it. And poor Seungcheol had no idea what to do as girls would stand a little too close to him as they tried to flirt and he always looked panicked on what to do. Jeonghan would always laugh and luckily for Seungcheol, one of Jeonghan's friends always took mercy on him and they would go and save him by dragging him away.

Overall, Jeonghan decided to have fun with it. If people were going to talk then at least he could entertain himself by giving them actual content to go on about. The only thing he was worried about was what Sehun would think about this. He wasn't sure if the other wanted more people to find out or if he was supposed to let people know at all. He knew one of their rules upon making the bet was that no one was to find out that the relationship was fake so he wasn't sure if now he had put that all at risk.

When he had told that to Sehun after school that Thursday though, Sehun seemed anything but upset. Actually, he was rather pleased about it and he had praised Jeonghan for how far things had gotten.

"Are you kidding me? We wanted to give Seungcheol the entire experience when it came to dating. What high school relationship is kept secret? You're doing great Jeonghan. I mean it." Sehun said with a smooth voice and Jeonghan felt like he was buzzing from the kind words.

"Really?" Jeonghan asked, tucking a stray blonde hair behind his ear as he spoke rather bashfully.

"Yeah. In fact, I think it would be better if more people knew. Y'know, give Seungcheol the full experience. Let him really believe that this is all real. Think about how much stronger his feelings would be if he was allowed to express them."

"I...I don't know Sehun. I mean, if I have to break up with him after all this is done, won't he be more heart broken if his feelings get any stronger? I mean, Seungcheol seems to already have a lot of feelings for me." Jeonghan said, now feeling unsure again.

"What do you mean?" Sehun asked.

"Well, he's already super clingy, y'know. Like he's always following me around whenever he can during school and he's already opening up to me a lot more than when we first started talking."

"What types of things do you guys talk about?" Sehun prodded further.

"Well...he talks to me about random things. Mostly like his hobbies and stuff. Oh and he's a huge gaming nerd. Who would've thought?" Jeonghan said, smiling to himself as he remembered Seungcheol's goofy smile as he talked about the Legend of Zelda or something like that.

"Well...how you break up with him is up to you. If you don't want to hurt the guy then just let him down easy. At the end of the day, we're doing a good thing for him, trust me." Sehun said, slowly getting closer to Jeonghan and placing his hands on the junior's shoulders. "You believe me, don't you?"

"Of course I do!" Jeonghan said quickly, snapping out of his thoughts about Seungcheol when he realized how close Sehun had gotten to him. He had butterflies in his stomach after that, but he wasn't completely sure if it was from Sehun or if was because of a certain goofy laugh that he couldn't get out of his head.

"Great, then just do as I say and everything will work out perfectly!" Sehun said, ruffling Jeonghan's hair as he did so and Jeonghan had to hide a squeak of excitement from the gesture. "Oh I almost forgot, you should bring Seungcheol with you to Suho's Halloween party this Saturday."

"Wait...you-you mean I'm invited?" Jeonghan asked in shock. Everyone knew that Suho's parties were probably the most extravagant and most talked about parties of the year. They were held at Suho's mansion and the other had a tight security system so that not just anyone could enter. They were a pretty big deal.

"Of course. Bring your friends too. It'll be fun!" Sehun said. He had something else about Seungcheol but Jeonghan was too busy dreaming about the party. "So will you come?"

"Huh? Oh! Yes! I'd love to!"

Sehun just smirked. "Great. I'll let Suho know to put all your names on the list." And with that, Sehun got in his car and left.

And as soon as the other was gone, Jeonghan had reached for his phone immediately to let his friends know what they were doing that weekend. They all freaked out and all of them were already planning their costumes. Jeonghan was so excited he barely noticed the how it took a while for Seungcheol to reply to him after he had sent the text and how their was uncertainty behind those replies.

 

 

It was Saturday night and Jeonghan was putting the final touches on his costume as he waited for Seungcheol to pick him up. They were already a little late and that was because Seungcheol had text Jeonghan Friday night telling him that he had promised to take someone trick-or-treating and that it was something he couldn't back out of. Jeonghan reluctantly agreed and had even offered to come meet Seungcheol at his place but the older was strongly against that idea and insisted on meeting him either at Jeonghan's or at the party so that Jeonghan could at least go with his friends. Jeonghan replied that he would wait for him at home since he didn't want to make the others wait and now it was almost 9 o'clock and Jeonghan was really regretting his decision.

It wasn't that he wanted to ditch Seungcheol. It was just that the idea was becoming more and more appealing as each second passed. This was the party of the year and Jeonghan was missing it because Seungcheol had no sense of timing. And not to mention, the more time he wasted waiting for Seungcheol, the less time he could spend at the party impressing everyone with his Halloween costume. It's not that he wanted to win the costume contest or anything, someone from SNSD always won those, it's just that he knew he looked good and he wanted to impress Sehun.

It took another 15 minutes for Seungcheol to finally arrive and Jeonghan had to take several deep breaths just to calm down his anger.

When he opened the door, he was met with a panting Seungcheol who sounded like he was ready to apologize for being late, if the rushed sorry was anything to go by, but halfway through his speech he stopped talking altogether to give Jeonghan a look from head to toe...and back to head.

Jeonghan smirked because this was the exact type of reaction he was looking for.

"Do you like?" He asked teasingly.

"Ye-yeah. I...I do. A lot. You...You're-"

"Harley Quinn. I did good, didn't I?" Jeonghan said cockily, flipping his hair for dramatic effect and Seungcheol could only nod with his mouth stil agape. And while Seungcheol was staring, Jeonghan got a chance to look over Seungcheol and he couldn't figure out what the other was. He was just in some black slacks and rather large white button up while his hair was styled up to show his forehead. Though he looked handsome, he didn't look like anything if the younger were being honest.

"Uh, Cheol...what are you supposed to be?"

"Oh...well, you said this was a party and I've never actually been to a high school party before so I thought I'd wear something nice....but now I see what an idiot I was." Seungcheol said lamely and Jeonghan could tell that the other was beating himself up for it.

Jeonghan just chuckled. "Come on in, I still have some make up that I borrowed from my mom and I have a brand new bottle of fake blood that I didn't use. Let's see if we can turn you into a y vampire or something." Jeonghan said before leading Seungcheol inside his house and working on the other for another 10 minutes before he was satisfied and decided that they could leave.

It was getting closer to 10 o'clock which meant they had a little more than 2 hours to enjoy the party before it ended. Jeonghan wasted no time in socializing. Seungcheol had stuck close to him but Jeonghan really didn't pay much attention to his "date." He was much more interesting in having fun at one of EXO's parties and having a good time. He had found his some friends hanging by the dance floor, and he walked right over to them. Joshua was dressed as a priest (so typical) while Mingyu and Wonwoo were both dressed as a vampire and a werewolf (Mingyu looked like a cheap imitation of Dracula while Wonwoo looked similar to Jacob from Twilight, which was kinda funny for Jeonghan because when he was working on Seungcheol he was going for an Edward Cullen type of look). Seungkwan and Vernon were in a corner making out and the two were in matching outfits and if Jeonghan had to be honest, they looked like his grandmother's curtains. He could see Jun on the dance floor dressed as a pirate and he was dancing with Minghao who was in a bright blue outfit and Jeonghan had to guess that he was going for a character from one of his Chinese fairytales. Dino was also on the dance floor and he looked so cute dressed like a little kid (Jeonghan truly felt like a mom then) and he was with one of his classmates jamming along to whatever song was playing. Jeonghan also found Hoshi and Woozi and they were dressed as each other (which was honestly the cutest thing Jeonghan had ever seen) and they had told him that Dokyeom was in the basement doing karaoke with Yuju (they were dressed as Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley). 

Once Jeonghan had found all of his friends, he joked with them for a while until he saw Sehun and Suho walk across the room in matching suits. They were dress as Kingsmen and they looked incredibly handsome. Jeonghan wanted to go over and impress Sehun so he waited for the perfect moment. When he saw that Seungcheol was engaged in a nice conversation with Wonwoo about gaming, Jeonghan slipped away without anyone noticing in search of Sehun.

He ran into Minhyuk and his band, Monsta X, along the way and his ex had stopped him to talk for a while. Apparently they were invited to play as entertainment at the party and Jeonghan was able to catch up with them. Minhyuk had complimented him on his costume and they playfully flirted back and forth, just something they did platonically, until Jooheon had to drag Minhyuk away so that they could prepare the stage for their performance. Jeonghan said a quick goodbye before beginning his search again.

Eventually he had found the other and after telling Sehun that he had brought his friends and Seungcheol, Sehun was nice enough to bring him along to hang out with the rest of EXO and their friends. They all joked and laughed and Jeonghan was having an exceptionally good time, especially when they started offering him some punch. Apparently there were two, a regular punch and one that was spiked with alcohol, and though Jeonghan wasn't that into drinking, he found it hard to say no when Sehun was offering. So he drank...and drank and pretty soon he was drunk.

It had gotten to the point where a few of the guys from EXO were a little concerned for him and offered to take him back with his friends. Xiumin was the one to finally take that initiative and eventually Jeonghan found himself a giggling mess as Joshua was struggling to hold him up.

"What's with you man? You completely disappeared and now you're a total mess." Joshua said in a disapproving tone.

"I may have had a little bit to drink but shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone!" Jeonghan said as he whispered loudly and stumbled a little.

"This is why I told you to never drink alcohol. Always drink water!" Joshua preached and Jeonghan winced from his loud voice.

"Yeah, you're a really sloppy drunk. I almost feel bad for Seungcheol because he has to take you home." Woozi said with a laugh and at the mention of Seungcheol's name, Jeonghan perked up.

"Oh Seungcheol! He's- That's my boyfriend! Where is he? Have you seen him?" Jeonghan asked as he looked around the room, but everyone doubted that he saw anything besides the walls spinning due to his alcohol induced vision.

"He said he got tired so he went to find somewhere to sit down." Mingyu informed and with Joshua's help, Jeonghan went to go find Seungcheol in one of the living rooms of Suho's mansion.

They found Seungcheol standing against the wall of one room but he was being cornered by someone. Upon a closer inspection, they saw that it was Kim Chungha, a very popular and attractive member of K-Star's cheerleading team, IOI. She was dressed as Harley Quinn as well, her version being much more provocative than Jeonghan's, and she was leaning in a bit too close to Seungcheol for anyone's liking.

It didn't take a genius to figure out that she was flirting with Seungcheol and when she puckered her lips, Jeonghan broke free from Joshua's hold and marched right over to the pair.

Getting closer, he could hear Seungcheol trying to get out of the situation by explaining that he was in a relationship and that was all Jeonghan needed to know. Chungha was probably trying to find out whether or not the rumors were true and she was obviously trying to seduce Seungcheol since he had become the most sought out guy within the last week.

Jeonghan was having none of it and when he was finally standing close enough, he didn't even bother Chungha a glance and instead he grabbed Seungcheol by the arm and dragged him across the room before practically throwing him onto a vacant couch. And before Seungcheol could even apologize, Jeonghan had plopped himself right onto the other's lap and then proceeded to kiss the daylights out of him.

Seungcheol was frozen as Jeonghan's soft lips glided over his own and when Jeonghan realized that he wasn't responding, he poked his tongue out to try and further the kiss. This made Seungcheol gasp and Jeonghan used that opportunity to dive in. Seungcheol could taste the alcohol and he wasn't sure if it was that or from the shock of being kissed so thoroughly, but it took a while for him to break away. The alcohol he tasted from Jeonghan's mouth telling him that maybe this wasn't the best idea.

"Maybe...we shouldn't. I mean...you're drunk and-"

"Shut up!" Jeonghan growled as he fisted Seungcheol's collar. "She was all over you and I hated it. You're mine!" Jeonghan said before he reconnected their lips and ground his hips down onto Seungcheol's lap. This time Seungcheol reciprocated the kiss the best that he could and the two boys made out happily, ignoring everything around them for a few minutes until they were interrupted by someone awkwardly tapping on Jeonghan's shoulder.

Jeonghan was about to snap at the unknown person until he saw that it was Dino, telling them that the party was almost over and that people were heading home. 

Jeonghan was still rather tipsy so Seungcheol agreed to calling it a night and he bid the others farewell as he was left to take care of the drunk and now sleepy Jeonghan.

Somehow he had managed to drag the other all the way to the bus stop, thankful that he had left his bike at Jeonghan's instead of taking it (driving a motorbike with a drunk passenger was not the safest), and then he had loaded Jeonghan onto the bus and sat down next to him. 

There was a lot on Seungcheol's mind, mostly about how he had just had his first kiss ever, and he felt like he needed to talk to Jeonghan about it. He needed to see where they were going because he was definitely head over heels for the other and he needed to know if the pretty blonde felt the same. And he wasn't sure when he'd have this much courage again to actually talk about his growing feelings. But when he looked down on his shoulder where Jeonghan was resting his head, he saw that the younger had already fallen asleep. Seungcheol just smiled at the sight and decided that the talk could wait for another time. Now he would just need to get Jeonghan home safely and then call it a night. 

He hoped that his dreams would be filled with Jeonghan and their kiss because the memory alone left a huge smile on his face.

He was so giddy at the moment that he couldn't help himself when he placed the softest of kisses to Jeonghan's head and then let out a happy sigh. 

 


A/N: You have no idea how long I've been waiting to write this chapter LOL I really hope you guys enjoyed it! If you did then please let me know what you thought in the comments?

Did you like drunk Jeonghan? What did you think about the kiss? What do you think will happen next??? LOL Just let me know your thoughts! I love reading them! (Also, if you're wondering what SVT looks like in their Halloween costumes here's a link ---> X. I'm sure most of you have but just in case you haven't seen them then I recommend that you do. They're a gift LOL)

And yeah, that's all for now! Not too sure how soon the next update will be up because school is really hectic right now but I'll try my best! Until then, bye guys!!