Introduction

The Bet

Welcome to K-Star Academy

 


 

About:
Welcome! K-Star Academy is a private school, located in Seoul, for the very elite and we cater for grades 9-12. The school's faculty aims to work with students who excel in all core academic subjects and they help them to go much further in their studies compared to the average school by encouraging students to take interest in various areas of study, including Fine Arts, Higher level sciences, Medicine, Business and Sports. K-Star's main objective is to bring out the best of the future generations and we are proud to make claim that all student that have graduated from the school have all become leaders throughout the world in their respective areas of interest. Through hard work and encouragement, K-Star can promise to bring out the very best in every child. 

Admittance:
All students that attend the school are required to take extensive admissions exams and only the best of the best are granted acceptance. Furthermore, students and their families are also required to pay for their tuition which is used to help provide the best resources possible for the student body. If for whatever reason a child is unable to meet the financial costs of attendance then the school does offer a scholarship program but the student must take it upon him/herself to apply for such accommodations and it is up to them to maintain their grades in order to meet/stay within the requirements of the scholarship that is granted to them. (Please note that not everyone is eligible for the scholarship and that only under certain circumstances will a child be granted the financial award.)

Attendance:
Since the school charges for tuition, it is up to the student to make sure that they make it to school every day. K-Star highly encourages students to be in their classes and being an active student but there are no penalties for not showing up. At the end of the day, you are the ones paying for your education so it is up to you to decide how you will take advantage of that.

Classes/Schedules:
K-Star offers advanced placement classes for all core subjects (math, science, language arts and social studies) as well as 3 periods for them to take any electives of their choosing. Students also have 2 free periods, one at the beginning of the day before their morning class for study hall and one at the end of the day where students also have the choice to either participate in any extracurricular activities, receive any extra help if needed or to go home if they choose. Lunch is offered at the middle of the day and students are expected to pay for their own lunches or to bring their own from home.

Schedules:
8:30 AM - Free Period/ Study Hall
9:30 AM - 1st Period
10:30 AM - 2nd Period
11:30 AM - 3rd Period
12:30 PM - Lunch
1:30 PM - 4th Period
2:30 PM - 5th Period
3:30 PM - 6th Period
4:30 PM - 7th Period 
5:30 PM - Free Period/ Study Hall/ Clubs (optional)

Rules and Regulations:
1. Students are required to wear the school uniform. For males: A simple white, button up shirt, grey slacks, their choice of a black or pink tie, white socks, black or white shoes (no sandals), a simple grey vest (optional), and a grey blazer with the school's logo located on the pocket. For females: A simple white, button up shirt, a simple grey skirt reaching just above the knees, their choice of a black or pink bow tie, black or white socks (can be knee high), black or white shoes (no sandals or high heels), a simple grey vest (optional), and a grey blazer with the school's logo located on the pocket. 
2. Students are expected to represent the school well. That includes acting as a model student, showing up to school on time, respecting your peers, listening to your teachers and refraining from any acts of misconduct/violence towards or against other people.
3. Students are expected to follow an honesty code. If a student is caught cheating then that will result in an immediate consequence. If the child is caught cheating for a second time then that will result in the child being expelled, no exceptions.
4. Students are expected to maintain a decent GPA. Those who fall below a 2.0 will be put on an academic probation and they will have one semester to bring it up. If the child fails to do so within the given timeframe then the child and their parents will be asked to have a meeting with the teachers to discuss what future steps to take and whether or not they should remain at K-Star Academy.
5. Students shall not steal. Theft is a crime and it shall be dealt with accordingly.
6. Students shall not engage in property damage. Property damage is also a crime it shall be dealt with accordingly.
7. Students will not bully their peers. K-Star has no tolerance for any form of bullying and if such acts are brought to attention then it will be investigated immediately. If such accusations are proven to be true then the student(s) will be dealt with by the principal and they will be punished.
8. Students have the right to defend themselves against accusations (depending on the accusation). K-Star follows a code of conduct and a student has the right to argue their case before a jury made up of faculty and students. There are several ways that this could happen, depending on the severity of the case, but by the end of the process, all people involved should come to an agreement on how the issue should be resolved.

 

K-Star Academy is a wonderful school with a welcoming environment that offers so much for the students that attend here. We are proud of their achievements and we are always looking for others to help add to the success. Thank you so much for looking into the school and we hope to see you soon!

 


A/N: I know this is kinda weird to be adding now but I really wanted to add something like this in (also I was hella bored but I didn't feel like writing an entire new chapter lol *lazy author is lazy*) I may add in another chapter with info about the characters and make that the second chapter but that won't be until later...