CHAPTER SIX

Meant to Be

Song to listen: BTS - Her

Because your laughter and happiness

Is the scale of my happiness

This is how I am

Do I deserve your love?

I always make an effort to be the best for you

 

Over the next few days Yoongi and Jimin have been texting constantly. Or Yoongi has been texting him and Jimin tried his best to respond within a few hours.

The mornings didn’t feel right if Jimin didn’t get a good morning text from Yoongi and the latter couldn’t fall asleep at night if Jimin didn’t text him that he is in his bed and not in the dance studio. Dancing and practicing was all Jimin did the past days. Yoongi wasn’t the person to care about others but his heart hurt reading that Jimin only took a break after 6 hours of dancing.

To: Jimin

You’ll get hurt if you continue like this Jimin

From: Jimin

Noo hyung don’t worry. The other members are 

already doing so good so I have to catch up  ^^

To: Jimin

I’m sure you’re already doing a good job

You should rest 

From: Jimin

I’m okay please don’t worry about me  

I’m sure you’re busy 

Yoongi was not sure about how to respond. He wanted to make sure Jimin is resting and healthy but who was he to interfere in his business?

From: Jimin

Hyung! I have to go

Practice is calling! Sorry ^^

Not again, Yoongi sighed. He didn’t bother responding, he knew Jimin wouldn’t listen. All Jimin spoke about in his texts was that he’s been practicing, is practicing or will be practicing. Every time he asked Namjoon about Jimin he would get the same answer. 

“The boys are busy hyung, the comeback is in two weeks.”

Yoongi tried his best to stop thinking about him. He had things to do, songs to write. In the past years that was all he had been doing. He never had to worry about anyone else. He never had thoughts like “Did he already eat?” or “Is he still practicing?”. It was a first time with Jimin. He sat down and started writing. He had to finish the song he wanted to do with Jimin. He couldn’t possibly do a cheesy love song even though Jimin’s voice would perfectly fit one. Yoongi listened to every Bangtan song there was. They debuted one year ago so they only had one single album with seven songs released. Jimin didn’t have many lines but even his talking voice was angelic. He could easily just let Jimin sing the chorus and release a up beat summer song. 

But wouldn’t that be too predictable?, he thought. That was what everyone was expecting them to release. If there was one thing Agust D was good at it was shocking and provoking people. What could they do to get the attention Jimin deserved?What if cutie pie Jimin rapped? They have one rapper in Bangtan and Jimin would be the last member to rap.

Wow Min Yoongi that’s genius, he thought as he started to go through the beats he produced lately. 

In the morning he was pretty much finished with the whole song. He was good at pulling all nighters. That was the only way he could finish songs. His brain seemed to work faster at night times. Also he may have been working extra hard to make sure that he sees Jimin as soon as possible.

To: Jimin

Hi Jimin! I’m pretty much done with the song

When do you think we can start recording

From: Jimin

Hyung really?

Wow you’ve been working hard

I will ask Seokjin hyung ~

They ended up meeting up the same day 5 hours later. Yoongi did the last touch ups and waited for Jimin to come. He heard a knock and as he opened the door he saw Jimin and Seokjin walk in. Jimin bowing slightly while Seokjin had a rather irritated expression on his face.

“Good to see you too Seokjin hyung.”

“Whatever I’m just dropping Jimin off.” the older replied before turning to Jimin 

“Jimin-ah just call me when you’re finished or if he’s being an .”

“I’ll be fine hyung don’t worry.” Jimin smiled sweetly before Jin left the room. 

Yoongi gestured Jimin so sit down. 

“So Jimin how are you doing?”

“I’m fine hyung…but you don’t look too good.”

“Hm?”

“Have you been sleeping at all?”

Yoongi was confused. He had a ed up sleeping schedule anyways so people rarely noticed whether he slept or not.

“Y-yeah I’m good Jimin-ah” he replied but Jimin didn’t look like he believed him.

“Anyway the song… it’s a bit different. I tried to do something new…New for you. I’m not sure if you’ll like it…” 

It was his first time being insecure about a song. Why did he care so much about Jimin’s opinion?

“I’m sure it’s perfect hyung. You never produce bad songs.” Jimin gave Yoongi a sweet smile.

“Okay let’s just listen to the song and you can just tell me what you think about it.” he said before playing the song. 

After a few minutes Jimin said: “Hyung when am I supposed to sing?”

“That’s the thing Jimin-ah you’re supposed to rap the second verse…If that’s ok.”

“I’m not sure hyung. I’ve never done this before.”

“I know Jimin but I also know that you’ll do a perfect job.”

Jimin looked deep in thoughts for a few seconds before muttering a small

“Thank you hyung.”

If there was one thing Jimin hated it was disappointing others. Yoongi looked so excited he just couldn’t say no. Not after he worked so hard to write a song for Jimin. 

“I guess I’ll give it a try.”

“Don’t worry Jimin-ah you’ll be good trust me. That’s not something people expect you to do.” 

As they started going through the song, Yoongi took his time with explaining the basics of rapping. They worked on pronunciation, flow and delivery. Yoongi gave him little well-meant tips and Jimin tried his hardest to follow his instructions. After two hours and three coffees they were done with the basics and Yoongi suggested they take a break.

“Good job Jimin-ah, we won’t need a lot of time you’re improving fast.”

“Thank you hyung” Jimin replied, cheeks flushed.

Yoongi noticed small things about Jimin. Such as how his cheeks flush every time someone compliments him or how he gets really quiet and stares at his hands when Yoongi points out a mistake no matter how patient Yoongi is with him. He also had a habit of avoiding looking people in the eyes.

“You’ve lost weight, you have to pay attention to your meals.” Yoongi said trying to sound indifferent. 

“Hm? I don’t think so hyung. I still have like 4 kilograms to go before the comeback.”

Yoongi was genuinely confused. It was the standard for idols to be fit and skinny but Jimin was already too skinny so he didn't have to lose anymore weight. He felt himself getting closer to Jimin and looking in his eyes properly for the first time that day he said: “I think you look pretty either way. I m-mean you look fine.”

And Jimin quickly looked away staring at his hands again.

There you go idiot you made him feel awkward, Yoongi thought.

“Do you wanna finish the first part of the song before you have to go?” He said while getting up from his seat.

“Sure hyung.”

They worked for another hour before Jin came in and told them he had to take Jimin back. For some reason both of them felt heavy hearted while saying goodbye.