End

Lucky Girl

 

 

Although it’s Sunday night and a particular, roommate-less girl has class tomorrow morning, she is quite happy today, since she’ll finally get a roommate. Her old roommate? Well, the girl quitted since her major is killing her, not that Wendy mind anyway. That night, the blonde-haired girl spends hours just to clean her (messy) room, probably feeling afraid that the new roommate is a clean freak. Nevertheless, the quirky girl is still excited to meet her new roommate.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

As Wendy is playing with her phone, waiting for the lecturer to walk in, Seulgi, Wendy’s classmate slash bestfriend, sits beside the hamster and quickly nudge her elbow, making Wendy look at her with wide eyes. “What?” She asks the bear-like girl with a wide grin radiating her face.

 

“You look bright today.”

 

“Mmhmm, I’ll finally get a new roommate today!” Wendy chirps rather joyfully.

 

“Oohh, speaking of roommate, I have something to tell you.” Seulgi’s pupils suddenly dilate, indicating that she’s excited to tell the shorter of the two something.

 

“What is it?” Wendy asks while looking at Seulgi’s twinkling eyes.

 

“Bae Irene doesn’t have a roommate too.”

 

“So?” Hearing that infamous name, the roommate-less girl’s poor, weak heart suddenly beats faster, since she’s well aware that Bae Irene is the icy of this campus, and no one dare to even look at her or glance at that said girl.

 

“Tsk.” Seulgi tsk-s and knocks Wendy’s head playfully before continuing, “Are you dumb or what? What I’m trying to say is, she may be your ‘new’ roommate.”

 

“What the f- No way! How could you even say that?”

 

“Well, I saw her packing her stuffs in her room while I was on my way here.” The bear girl smiles smugly while looking at Wendy who looks as if she is about to die in a moment now.

 

“That doesn’t justify anything.” Wendy defend herself, even though she knows too well that Seulgi is goddamn right.

 

“Tsk. Do you really think the RA will get you a new, like a new student-roommate? Think about it. We don’t even take new students anymore this year. Plus, Bae Irene doesn’t have a roommate too before this, since no one can stand her cold attitude.”

 

Hearing Seulgi’s perfect explanation slash argument, Wendy’s face quickly turns pale. Never in a million years would she think that she’d end up being roommate with the infamous cold student.

 

Well .

 

~~~~~~~~

 

In fact, Seulgi is right all along. Here is Bae Irene, standing in front of Wendy, with her cold eyes that could bore through the poor hamster’s soul and killing her in a blink of an eye. Opening the front door wide, Wendy gestures Irene to come in. She takes off her shoes and socks before walking into Wendy’s (soon to be both of their) room, leaving her luggage outside which makes the blonde girl confused.

 

“There.” Irene points to the closed bedroom door. “That’s my room.”

 

What is she talking about? Wendy thought.

 

“B-but that’s mine.” The short girl mumbles while looking at her bedroom door decorated with stickers and posters of Jessie J plus a cute scribbling of her name on it.

 

Irene quickly turns to glare at Wendy with her piercing eyes, making the latter tremble a little. “Do I look like I care? If I say I want that room, that means I want it. I don’t care if its occupied or not.”

 

She’s so blunt.

 

“O-okay.” Wendy agrees with a forceful smile, since the last thing she want to do is get into Bae Irene’s death note.

 

“My luggage. Take it into my room.” The cold girl says as she opens her hoodie and place it onto the couch, not even glancing at Wendy for a second.

 

“A-all of them?” Wendy stutters, since Irene have a lot of bags and luggage outside the room.

 

“Are you stupid or what? You expect me to carry them all into my room? I’m tired okay, twerp.”

 

Wow, I got a new name. That’s nice. The short girl mentally rolls her eyes and walk outside, dragging Irene’s bags and luggage inside her room.

 

“I still got my stuff in there, you know?” Wendy says while carrying her roommate’s things, huffing and gritting her teeth in the process.

 

“Two hours.”

 

“Two, what?” Confused Wendy asks Irene while frowning, while the latter is busy playing with her phone.

 

Irene glares at Wendy again before she sighs rather loudly on purpose to annoy the latter. “Two. Hours. To. Move. Your. Stuffs. Out. You. Twerp.”

 

Oh god, what have I done to get this kinda treatment?

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Fortunately, Wendy manage to drag all her things from her old room (which is now Irene’s) to the unused one in under two hours, and she never feel like dying as much as she wants to that time. As Wendy walk out of her new bedroom towards the couch, Irene is still playing with her phone.

 

“Are you done?” She asks monotonously.

 

“Umm, yeah…?”

 

“Good. I’m sleeping now.” Irene fakes a grin at Wendy and starts walking into her room.

 

Before Irene could close the door, the shorter of the two call her, making Irene halts her action. She looks/glares at Wendy as if she’s going to murder her any moment now.

 

“It’s nice meeting you, Bae Irene. I hope we can be friends.”

 

Irene looks at Wendy, one eyebrow raised. No reaction is given by her.

 

I’ll count to myself…. One, two, three.

 

Again no reaction. Instead, she looks down to the latter’s feet and glares at Wendy’s socks.

 

“No socks allowed in the room.” Irene glares at Wendy while saying so.

 

“But I’m used at using them in here!” The blonde haired girl defend herself. There’s no way she’s gonna let Irene making Wendy her maid slash slave in this room.

 

“I don’t care.” The black-haired girl answers short and slams the door, startling poor Wendy.

 

And that’s how Wendy’s Monday ends with her new roommate.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“I’m telling you she’s a monster! She made me her slave!” Wendy groans as soon as she sits in the cafeteria, watching Seulgi and Joy being lovey dovey in front of her.

 

“I’m sure she’s not that bad.” Joy looks at Wendy pitifully, so unlike her.

 

These past few days, Irene has made Wendy her personal slave, literally. She’ll always ask the short girl to buy her foods, run some errands, and even washing her clothes.

 

As Wendy are about to reply Joy’s ridiculous-out-of-this-world remark, out of the blue, her phone vibrates, and she quickly takes it out. The girl quickly rolled her eyes as soon as she sees the sender.

 

“Look at what she told me to do!” She whines and shoves her phone in front of Joy’s face, and Seulgi quickly takes a look of it too.

 

From: Bae Devil

Buy me lunch. I’ll pay you. I’m at my usual spot.

 

“Well, at least she pays you back.” Seulgi says nonchalantly.

 

“Uurgh!” Wendy groans and quickly stand up, buying lunch for a certain devil.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“Here.” Wendy says shortly as she sits beside Irene who is laying with her eyes closed on the clean lawn of the university’s mini garden. Irene likes it here, since there are not many students hanging out around here.

 

Hearing her slave’s voice, the girl smiles smugly and take the lunch from her slave’s hand before slipping her other hand into her pocket, pulling out her money to pay Wendy.

 

“Hey you’re short two bucks!” Wendy shouts at Irene who doesn’t even seem to be intimidated by her voice.

 

“I’ll pay you the rest tomorrow.” She glances at the blonde girl before continue closing her eyes, enjoying the serene surrounding of the garden.

 

“If you keep doing this I’ll get tired, you know?”

 

“Then move out of the room.”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Weeks passed by and Bae Irene is nothing but the demise of Wendy. Irene is acting nothing but a to her roommate and being the good student Wendy is, she has no choice but to follow Irene’s orders, not wanting to cause Irene to rage in front of her.

 

“Bae Irene is so cold.” Wendy whine as she places her head on the table of the cafeteria, sleep deprived since Irene asked the girl to buy her a cup of ramen at the convenience store in the middle of the night last night.

 

“You know you should stop doing all those errands for her. She doesn’t even say thanks to you.” Seulgi says as she looks at the pale girl worriedly, since Wendy is about to pass out right there and then.

 

“You know I can’t Seul. Blame my soft heart.” The sleep deprived girl groaned and close her eyes, falling asleep in a blink of an eye.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

It is that one night, one fateful night that made Wendy’s supposition of her roommate being the child of Satan debunked.

 

“I’m home.” The blonde haired girl says after finishing her night class, although she is well aware that no replies will be given. As she opens her shoe and socks, Wendy walks slowly since she is dead tired the whole day today. Thank god Irene didn’t ask her to buy anything or else she’ll probably be lying dead in the middle of going back into their shared room.

 

Before Wendy could even open her bedroom door, she realizes that Irene’s door is wide open, which is weird since she never done that in the whole five months of living with Wendy. Feeling curious, the girl walks towards her devil roommate’s door slowly, still a bit afraid that Irene will suddenly get up and murder Wendy for sneaking on her.

 

But, what surprises Wendy the most is that the sound of someone, Irene snivelling non-stop from inside her room. Placing her bag down on the floor, the kind girl decides to walk into Irene’s room, to which made herself surprise since it’s not full of satanic symbols or rituals. But instead, Irene’s room is lovely, and smells really nice.

 

“Irene, you okay?” Wendy ask cautiously, tip toeing to Irene who is laying like a starfish on her bed.

 

Irene ignores Wendy and keep sniffing her nose while wiping the tears from the corner of her eyes.

 

“Irene, you crying?”

 

“No I’m not you twerp.” The stubborn girl groans and roll around her bed, which made Wendy’s eyes wide right after hearing how different her roommate’s voice is.

 

Her voice is nasally. Irene’s sick.

 

“You’re sick.” Wendy frowns and quickly place her palm on Irene’s forehead.

 

“I-I’m fine.” The sick girl stutters, which is a first to Wendy.

 

“Oh my god Irene, you’re hot!”

 

“It’s about time you realize that.” She said sarcastically while rolling her eyes and smirks at the baffled girl to which Wendy quickly places a playful slap on Irene’s left arm.

 

“Uurgh stop. I’ll buy you meds.”

 

“No, I’m fine. You should rest, you just got back from your class anyway.”

 

For the first time ever, Irene sounds sincerely thoughtful, as if some angel has possessed her while Wendy is not in their shared dorm.

 

“I can rest later. Your health is more important right now.” The girl smiles warmly at Irene and pat her hot forehead softly.

 

“… fine.” Irene gives up and rolled her eyes, again.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“Lemme guess, this is why you don’t ask me to run errands for you, right?” Wendy asks the sick girl as she blow the hot porridge in the spoon to feed her.

 

“Yeah.” Irene answers shortly as she looks at the bowl of porridge on Wendy’s hand. Both of them are currently sitting on her bed, while Irene rests her head on the wall due to her weak state.

 

“Knew it.” Wendy giggle softly and keep feeding Irene the porridge. The sick girl just obeys the younger’s order and opens lazily to eat the porridge, she is hungry after all.

 

After feeding Irene the porridge, she quickly eats the paracetamol, with Wendy beside her, watching the whole process because Wendy knows how stubborn that girl can be. After doing so, the blonde girl quickly tuck Irene under a thick blanket that Wendy lend to her, since Irene’s blankets are all thin.

 

Wendy smiles widely, feeling satisfied on how well she takes care of sick Irene today. Sick Irene is a cute sight for her, anyway.

 

“Why are you so nice to me, Twerp?” Wendy hears Irene mumbles as she is about to walk out of the sick girl’s room to wash the bowl.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I am nothing but a jerk to you. Why are you so nice?” Irene looks at Wendy with a weak stare, still snivelling.

 

“Hmm…” Wendy hums, before looking at Irene and flash her a heart-warming smile. “That’s just who I am, Bae Irene.”

 

~~~~~~~

 

Irene is no longer sick few days after the incident and she is acting less and less like a jerk to Wendy, although she’s still cold and quite rude towards the blonde. But, that’s just who Bae Irene is. Her errands for Wendy has lessen from five times a day to twice or once or when Wendy is lucky, none in the whole day.

 

“I can’t believe you still haven’t change your room yet.” Seulgi looks at Wendy with an amused smile on her face. “You’re probably the longest roommate Bae Irene has ever had. Scratch that. You’re the only roommate Bae Irene has ever had.”

 

“I don’t know, Seul… There’s something about her that made me stay and up with her y attitude.”

 

“Wait,” The bear suddenly smiles, as if she had thought of a great idea. “You’re having a busking night at the city tomorrow night, right? How about inviting her to come and see you? Maybe you’ll get to know her better from there…?” Seulgi suggests.

 

“You know what Seul, that’s a great idea!” The shorter of the two beams and smile happily. “I’m gonna ask her tonight!”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“No.”

 

“But Iren-“ Wendy whine but her whining is immediately cut off by her one and only roommate.

 

“No means no, Twerp.” Irene roll her eyes as she’s focusing on watching some random cat videos from YouTube on her phone.

 

“Why?” Wendy sulks and look at Irene who is not a bit interested in looking at her awful sulking.

 

“Winter is coming, and your event or whatever it is, is at night, that means it is cold. I hate cold weather.”

 

“…. Fine.” The blonde gives up and walk to her room sadly, pout is visible on her face.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Nevertheless, Wendy still proceed on doing her busking night with few of her fellow busking friends since all of them has been doing this for a few years now, and Wendy and her friends are quite popular in that area.

 

People are already surrounding them, feeling excited although they barely start anything yet. After few minutes of arranging speakers, mics and instruments, all of them are finally prepared to perform. There are five of them and each person will sing solo aside from singing in groups. Wendy is quite nervous since she never sang solo in her entire busking career but due to the demands of people around them, the girl finally decides to sing solo today.

 

Walking to the front of the audience, Wendy sit on one of the seat she brought from her dorm and pick up a guitar rested at the side. Putting the mike on the mike stand, she is finally ready to sing a solo for the first time tonight.

 

“Good evening everyone.” Wendy greet the audience, and all of them hollered and some of them even called out her name and made Wendy a cheering sign, which earn a shy giggle from the blonde. The crowd cheers even louder after hearing Wendy’s adorable giggling. “Thank you for coming tonight even though it is quite cold nowadays.” She smiles widely, appreciating the audience in front of her. “Anyway, this is my first ever official solo cover here, and I’m going to sing a perfect song for this weather.” Wendy says and start tuning on the guitar before continuing her mini speech. “Actually, this song is dedicated to someone who is very special to me but she decided to not come today…” she smile bitterly, which made the audience look at her pitifully and a fanboy suddenly screams out loud “IT’S OKAY YOU CAN SING THE SONG TO US!”

 

Wendy immediately laugh hearing his adorable encouraging words and shake her head while giggling. “Enough talk. The song I’m going to sing tonight is Perfect by Ed Sheeran.”

 

Strumming her guitar, Wendy starts singing.

 

I found a love for me

Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead

Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet

Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

 

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love

Not knowing what it was

I will not give you up this time

But darling, just kiss me slow,

Your heart is all I own

And in your eyes you're holding mine

 

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark

With you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass,

Listening to our favourite song

When you said you looked a mess,

I whispered underneath my breath

But you heard it,

Darling, you look perfect tonight

 

Well, I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know

She shares my dreams; I hope that someday I'll share her home

I found a lover to carry more than just my secrets

To carry love, to carry children of our own

 

We are still kids but we're so in love

Fighting against all odds

I know we'll be alright this time

Darling, just hold my hand

Be my girl, I'll be your man

I see my future in your eyes

 

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark

With you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass

Listening to our favourite song

When I saw you in that dress

Looking so beautiful

I don't deserve this

Darling, you look perfect tonight

 

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark

With you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass

Listening to our favourite song

I have faith in what I see

Now I know I have met an angel in person

And she looks perfect,

I don't deserve it

You look perfect tonight

 

As Wendy ends her song, the whole audience cheer so loud and start clapping and some of them even give the blonde bouquet of flowers. She stands up and bow at them, also taking the present given from her fans. Wendy grab the mic before speaking, “Thank you for listening. This is probably my last solo ever.” She laughs and walk away to the back of the audience, away from the spotlight. But, there are still some people, her fans especially, who walk to Wendy to get the girl’s autograph and some of them keep giving Wendy gifts, and even taking pictures with her. As Wendy is happily interacting with them, out of the blue she hears a sickeningly familiar voice from behind her.

 

“You have a nice voice.”

 

The blonde quickly stops whatever she is doing and look behind her, and much to her surprise, it is Bae Irene. Bae Irene who said that she hates cold. Bae Irene who said that she won’t watch Wendy perform tonight. And here she is, wearing her black hoodie, putting her hands in her hoodie’s pocket.

 

“You came!” Wendy exclaims in happiness and quickly wrap her arms around Irene’s petite waist, pulling the older of the two into a tight, warm hug.

 

“Yeah, you can stop hugging me now, Twerp.”

 

“I’m so happy you come Irene.” Wendy says and hugs Irene even tighter.

 

Rolling her eyes, Irene hugs the blonde back awkwardly, making others around them look at both of them lovingly. “Can you stop hugging me now?”

 

“Sorry, hehe.” Wendy giggles and scratches her nape as soon as she let go of Irene.

 

“When will you finish? I’m freezing to death here.”

 

“Oh we have a few more songs to sing. You can go back first if you’re freezing.” Wendy flashes a warm smile at the grumpy girl who look at her for a brief three seconds before looking away again.

 

“It’s okay. I’ll wait.”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“You know; you should really sing more. You have a very nice voice.” Irene says as she’s eating the cup of kimchi flavoured ramen in front of her.

 

After finishing her busking, both of Wendy and Irene decides to hang out outside the table that is provided by the 24 hours’ convenience store near their dorm.

 

“I-I’m not confidence enough to sing in front of a lot of people.” Wendy says timidly while lowering her head down.

 

“Why? Your voice alone can make people envy of your talent a lot.”

 

“You really think so?” The blonde quickly looks up, felling warm and fuzzy inside after listening to Irene’s encouragement to her.

 

“Mmmhmm. I’d kill to get your singing voice.” She replies, keep eating her ramen without even looking at the girl in front of her. That’s her habit, Wendy thought.

 

Wendy didn’t answer her, instead, she just looks at her lovingly, feeling touched since this is literally the first time Irene is genuinely nice to her for the whole year of being a roommate with the y girl.

 

Feeling weirded out due to the sudden silence (since Irene know how talkative Wendy is), Irene looks up since Wendy is oddly quiet now, unlike her noisy every day self. As she looks at the blonde, Irene sees Wendy’s loving stare at her, which made her uncomfortable and quickly fakes a cough. “I-I’m gonna get a drink.” Irene says and quickly walk inside the store to the drink aisle.

 

What the was that? Irene thought as she stares at the fridge in front of her, feeling her erratic heartbeat with her hand on her chest. Sighing, she shakes her head and take any random drink that she sees there before walking to the cash register. After paying for the drink, Irene halts her footsteps as she sees two guys sitting in front of Wendy, smiling while looking at the girl who looks uncomfortable. Furrowing her eyebrows, Irene quickly walks outside since she knows who those two boys are.

 

“C’mon, you should hang out with us. Your performance was nice by the way. I envy the person you dedicate the song to.” One of the guy, the one with a brown hair says with a smug smile on his face.

 

“It’s okay bro. We can change her mind after letting her hang out with us.” The other guy, with a jet black hair says while smiling.

 

Irene clenches her fist to prevent herself from punching both the hormonal boys for their lame pickup line. She rolls her eyes and stand beside Wendy, who secretly heave a sigh of relief.

 

“I’m sorry guys, the song was meant for me.” Irene says and flashes one of her demeanour smile, which immediately made both of the boys tremble hardly.

 

“B-Bae Irene…” The jet black haired guy says and quickly apologises. “W-we’re sorry.”

 

Out of the blue, Irene slipped her hand into Wendy’s and intertwines their fingers together firmly.

 

“You’re apologised. But, if I see you flirting my girl again, you’re not gonna see the end of the day.”

 

“S-Sure.” The brown haired guy says and quickly pushes his friend with him and fled away from the scene.

 

“T-thank you for saving me.” Wendy is still trembling, since this is the first time she’s being hit on by some jerks.

 

“No problem.”

 

“H-How’d you know the song is dedicated for you anyway?” She asks out of curiosity.

 

“Oh, it is really dedicated to me?”

 

Oh Irene you dumb girl.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Both Wendy and Irene are inseparate-able by now and students are starting to notice their unusual relations. Although Irene and Wendy never made it official to go out together since she’s still unsure of her feelings for the latter, Wendy is still there for her nevertheless. Rumours of them two dating spread like wildfire but both of them ignore it, since it’s the best thing to do right now. Especially after what had happen at the convenience store the other day. The two boys gossiped saying that Irene refers Wendy as ‘my girl’ that night while protecting her. Not to mention Wendy’s confession-song.

 

But today, today Irene is oddly quiet. Usually, she would blabber to her roommate about her lecturers, classmates and even the janitor. But now? Now Irene is sitting on the couch, listening to songs using her earphone while staring at the turned off television in front of her with a poker face, not even blinking her eyes.

 

“Irene?” Wendy asks as she sit beside her roommate. “What’s wrong?” She asks carefully at Irene who looks soulless.

 

She turns her face to look at Wendy and forms a small smile. “Hey.” She looks in front again, like a robot.

 

  1. what’s wrong?” The younger of the two ask worriedly and hold Irene’s palm firmly.

 

“Let’s go somewhere later.” Irene says painfully quietly, unlike her bold self.

 

“Sure… but where?”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Hospital. Wendy is now inside the hospital with Irene beside her who is holding her hand rather tightly. She looks so fragile, as if she would break even by a slight touch, and this is the first time Wendy had ever seen her in such a state. Usually, she would mask her sadness with her icy stare and expression. But now, she couldn’t even mask her expression, especially after walking into a room located at the 3rd floor. Wendy just follow her quietly, caressing Irene’s hand with her thumb once in a while.

 

Both of them walk into a private room which is quite cold, and there lay a woman in her mid-50s or early 60s by looking at her face.

 

“Hello, ladies.” The woman greets both of them with a warm smile on her face.

 

Ladies? Doesn’t she recognise Irene?

 

“Hello, mom.” Irene says as she sits beside the old woman, Mrs.Bae. Irene now let go of Wendy’s hand, much to her dismay whilst Irene hold her mom’s cold palm with both her hands.

 

“Mom?” Mrs.Bae asks with doubtful stare.

 

“Yeah, mom.” Irene smiles softly and caress her mom’s palm softly. “It’s me, Joohyun.”

 

“Joohyun? Oh! Hyun! My oh my. Look at you! You’ve grown up since the last time I saw you!”

 

“The last time you saw me was last week, mom.” Irene smiles bitterly, which made Wendy’s heart ache, seeing Irene this fragile.

 

“Oh really? Mummy’s sorry, Hyun. I can’t remember well.”

 

“I-It’s okay mom, it’s not your fault.” Irene bites her lower lip, trying to hold back her tears from falling.

 

“Oh, who’s this pretty lady right here?” Mrs.Bae asks while smiling at Wendy, and the girl just smile at her back.

 

“She’s my friend mom, someone who is very special to me.” Irene looks at Wendy and smile sincerely at the latter.

 

“Oh it’s nice having someone you cherish after me, Hyun, especially after I’m sick.” Mrs.Bae laughs lightly and tap Irene’s hand softly. “I’m just going to rest now Hyun, I’m quite tired from the tests today.” Mrs.Bae says and quickly lays down comfortably. Irene quickly covers her mother with the hospital’s blanket softly before looking at Wendy.

 

“Let’s go to the roof.”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“My mother, you might realize it by now.” Irene says to Wendy as both of them sit on the edge of the rooftop, away from all the people in the hospital. “She has dementia.” She looks at both of their intertwined fingers. “She got it ever since I was 15. One day, she forgets everything. Me, my sister, our birthdays, everything.” Tears start going down her eyes, and Wendy quickly place the crying girl’s head on her shoulder and wrap her arms around Irene’s petite body firmly. “We decided to send her here, and doctors said that she has dementia, and it’s already too severe for her to fully recover.”

 

“How about your dad?” Wendy asks while looking at Irene who’s busy wiping her tears away.

 

“That man, he left us. After mom got admitted, he flew aboard, only giving us money and paying for mom’s hospital expenses. My sister is studying aboard to become a doctor so that she herself can treat our mother. So, it’s only me here to take care of mother.” Irene sniffs and keep sobbing, while Wendy is patting her back to comfort her. “But that’s not the most depressing thing that had happen to me.”

 

“Then what is it?”

 

“One day, I was visiting my mother, but she was especially sick that day. She couldn’t even remember who I was, even after I introduced myself. She started screaming, fighting me violently, calling security to take me away from her. She said that she’s scared to look at me. Can you imagine that? Your own mother is scared of looking at you?”

 

Wendy sighs, trying to hold back her own tears too. Irene is just a small girl in her heart, after all.

 

“After that, I started isolating myself with everyone. Masking my face with the resting face that everyone is scared of. I don’t want people to look at my fragile state, I don’t want people to look at how weak I am especially in front of my mother. Going here, it’s a nightmare for me. What if one day, she couldn’t even remember me? Then what should I do?” Irene stops talking and looks at Wendy straight in the eye with her puffy eyes.

 

She smiles despite crying, and caress the latter’s cheek softly. “But then, I met you. I was so furious that I was told to move into your dorm. I don’t want to get close to anyone, I don’t want to live with anyone except my mother and sister. So, I acted like a jerk to you every day, telling you this that, making you my personal slave. But what I’m confused of is the fact that you never say no to me, never refuse my ridiculous orders, and you even stay by my side when I was sick the other day, even though before that I treated you like a slave.” Irene sniffs again before continuing, “I know I never say thank you to you but…” Irene cups Wendy’s cheeks and peck her lips softly. “Thank you, for doing that to me.” She pecks the blonde’s lips again. “Thank you for not leaving me.” Pecks again. “Thank you for making me feel happy again after a long goddamn time.” Irene pecks Wendy’s lips again and stare her straight in the eyes. “Thank you, for making me love you.” She kisses Wendy’s lips softly, to which the latter responds by wrapping her arm around Irene’s neck and pull Irene closer to her, deepening the kiss.

 

In fact, Irene is just a child, such a warm child in heart after all.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Comment on what you thought of this fic! Although this is recycled (sobs) I hope you guys enjoyed this fic ^^ But don’t worry, I have lots of fluff wenrene in my draft that’s not recycled LMAO

Btw, I feel like writing lots of fluff since someone *cough* you know who you are *cough* is salty that I wrote angst before lmao so in the future, I’ll write a lot more Wenrene fluff! Yay!

Its 4 am here and I should be sleeping but SL and I kept chatting and I. Just. Cant. Stop.

Don’t forget to upvote if you like it! And also comment hehehehe