Kimbap

A Treat (The Date)

“Daesung-ah!”

Ah, that hyung again.

A moment later, his earphone is being yanked from his ear, replaced by the deep voice he can recognize anywhere.

“Kang Daesung.”

Biting his lips so he won’t grin like a stupid teenage girl in love –no, he’s definitely not in love –and nearly fall from his chair when cold fingertips caressing his neck.

“I know you’re not sleeping,” Seunghyun chuckles. “Come on, I found us a good place.”

Us?

He wants to tell him it’s late already, but his hyung’s excitement is contagious that he finds himself standing, letting the older man to grab his hand. Seunghyun has the wide grin plastered on his face when they run across the street.

 

“Eh? Kimbap?” Daesung can’t help but starting to count the treasure he has left in his pocket. If there’s something he and his dad agreed about, it’s definitely the concept of saving money.

“Yes,” Seunghyun nods, his eyes sparkling in happiness. “Food.”

“I know, but –”

“Don’t worry,” Seunghyun shushes him. “I’ll pay.”

Daesung takes a step back immediately. Seunghyun comes from wealthier family, that’s a common knowledge amongst them. But it doesn’t make him having more money than the rest of them, thanks to the strict rule from their manager.

“Okay, we share,” Seunghyun says, rolling his eyes. “Let’s go inside!”

“Ah…” Daesung hesitates. Even if they share, he’s not sure they –he –will have enough money.

Seunghyun doesn’t wait for him to fix his mind so Daesung is left with no choice but to follow.

“Welcome!” someone Daesung assumes as the owner greets them. He bows politely, nervously smiling while eyes searching for the price list, which fortunately, plastered on the wall as a big and colorful poster.

Oh.”

“I know, right?” Seunghyun nudges him softly. There’s triumph in his voice, a pride he doesn’t bother to hide. “Told you it’s good!”

It’s cheap, Daesung nods eagerly. His stomach decides it’s time to grumble, leaving him with embarrassment as Seunghyun laughs.

“Let’s eat!”

Daesung grins widely. “Ne, hyung!”

 

There are only two of them and Seunghyun is telling stories about his first ever rapping contest when Daesung finishes his food. Or supper, it was. He feels a little disappointed when the owner notices it right away, coming straight to take their plates and Seunghyun has to stop talking.

“How was it?” Seunghyun asks as they walk back to their dorm.

Daesung smiles and gives him two thumbs up.

“Great,” the taller boy bounces on his feet. “I miss my mom’s kimbap, though.”

“Me too,” Daesung admits quietly. He’s quiet, for sure, but admitting that he’s missing his family is a little bit embarrassing. Sometimes he doesn’t understand how Seunghyun can tell him such things easily. Like he doesn’t mind at all if Daesung sees him crying, if Daesung sees him almost giving up.

Like he trusts him with things like that.

It makes Daesung want to trust him too.

Or did he already?

“I miss being home,” Seunghyun shrugs. “But I love music too.”

“Yeah.” Me too.

“Later,” Seunghyun’s smile is brighter than the street light. “When we’re idols, I’ll treat you better, Daesung.”

If we ever become one.”

“We will!”

“I hope so.”

“Yah!”

Daesung laughs. “Okay, hyung.”

“Hyung will buy you better kimbap!”

“Better?”

Seunghyun nods. “Bigger!”

“Bigger?!”

“Yes! A big kimbap roll for you, Daesung!”

“Well, the regular size is enough, hyung.”

“No, no,” Seunghyun shakes his head, lips jutting in pout. “It has to be at least fifteen centimeters long.”

“How am I supposed to eat it then?”

“…I’ll help you.”

“I thought it’s supposed to be a treat for me?”

“Alright, alright,” Seunghyun takes Daesung’s hand in his and the younger male’s cheeks throb from smiling too wide. “Let’s decide later, now we have to run before Jiyong turns into sandpaper mode.”

“But I’m full!” Daesung can’t help but follow, Seunghyun’s laughter echoes through the night.

Such a beautiful night.