Robin Hoon.

One With You.

 


 

Jinyoung always knew how much Jihoon wanted to become an actor. He knew it better than Jihoon himself. Whenever they talk, Jihoon would always find a way to slip in a topic about his dreams and Jinyoung would always respond so well, as if it was his own dream to talk about.

When Jihoon talks about stuff he likes, his eyes would sparkle as if all the stars left the sky for them. That was Jinyoung's favorite part of the conversation.

When they first got along well, Jinyoung knew how fond he was of Jihoon, and he realized it himself how he's been developing feelings for him ever since. But he also knew that Jihoon didn't feel the same. He was no more than just another friend Jihoon likes hanging around with.

Or so he thought.

 

Jinyoung stood and clapped, joining the mini standing ovation as he watched his friend bow continuously on stage, wearing the biggest smile the world has ever seen. That was a wrap for Jihoon's final theatre play for their final year in high school. 

As if all good things were happening all at once, it was also Jihoon's birthday in a few days. Specifically, his 18th birthday.

On everyone's 18th birthday, the Heavens are to grant each with a gift. A gift with a purpose to make them one with their soulmate.

Whether it's a blessing or a curse, it was up to them and they are going to live with it from that day until death.

 

"You who steal from the rich to feed the poor! Robin Hood! Over here!" Seongwu shouted in a deep resonant voice, waving his hand frantically as if his voice alone wasn't enough to catch the entire cafeteria's attention. Jinyoung turned around and watched as Jihoon stomped his way over with a tray in his hands, passed the people lining up for food and finally on the empty seat next to him. For a second, he thought he saw a murderous look on Jihoon's face. Like he was ready to take Seongwu on and choke slam him into the ground.

"I'm not having my lunch unless Seongwu moves to another table." Jihoon threw a glare at the said male.

"Then I guess you're not eating today." Seongwu shrugged and moved his attention to his food, leaving Jinyoung to laugh in amusement. It was only fun because Jihoon always reacts to Seongwu's jokes, exactly how Seongwu wants him to. But it's not like Jihoon was completely unaware of it. He knew that he could just brush Seongwu's jokes off and Seongwu would leave him alone, but he chose to play along for the sake of a good atmosphere.

"Um.. Excuse me?"

The laughter stopped and they all turned to the unfamiliar person standing by the end of the table. 

"I'm Kuanlin and I just transferred here this week." the person rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, wearing a shy smile. He didn't know what to make of the puzzled look on the others' face, so he continued. "I've been watching you for days now and I have to say that you're a really good actor." 

Jinyoung blinked and turned to look at Jihoon who was as stunned as him.

Jinyoung could sense that this kid was interested in his friend, and he wasn't going to let him have his way. He cleared his throat and opened his mouth to talk but Kuanlin just went on before he could even say a word. "I mean, that sounded creepy but.. I want to be friends with you. So.. I was wondering if you would like to join us at our table."

Jihoon nodded slowly as if he was agreeing but was still trying to process Kuanlin's words in his head. 

"Sure!" he agreed after awhile, rather gladly.

Kuanlin exhaled in relief, smiling from ear to ear as he brought his hands together, trying to contain his happiness. "Great! I'll see you there!"

Jihoon gathered his stuff and picked his tray up, ready to follow after Kuanlin.

"Wait. You're really going?" Jinyoung frowned and grabbed onto Jihoon's wrist.

"Yea, why not?" 

"He just moved here." 

"And?" Jihoon cocked a brow up.

"What do you mean and?" 

"What do you mean what do I mean and?" 

Jinyoung pressed his lips together, unsure of what to say.

"Jinyoung, what's the matter?" Seongwu furrowed his brows lightly as he sensed the sudden tension between the two.

"I just.."

Jihoon brushed Jinyoung's hand off his wrist and stepped out of his seat.

"I like you," Jinyoung mumbled, his eyes never leaving Jihoon's.

He knew that was a badㅡ No. That was the worst way ever to confess his feelings and he didn't even expect he would say it right then. It just sort of slipped out. Of course, Jihoon wouldn't take it seriously. But Jinyoung was desperate.

"What? It's just a lunch with some new kid who happens to like my acting." Jihoon snickered, taken aback by Jinyoung's behavior. "I'll see you guys later. Tell Woojin that I need him to send me the recording he took just now."

Seongwu nodded and waved a little before Jihoon turned around and made his way towards another table.

Jinyoung on the other side stared down at his hand in disbelief. They were always together for lunch. Every day for the past few years. He somehow felt a little betrayed and couldn't stop thinking that he was ditched.

"Wow.." Seongwu gawked. "Really? Since when? 4 years ago?!"  

Jinyoung sighed. "Just eat your food Seongwu." 

Seongwu nodded in defeat and resumed chowing down his food while Jinyoung watched from a distance as Jihoon covered his laugh sheepishly, embarrassed by the compliments Kuanlin was showering him.