열여섯

Patience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey y’all  I decided to update because I’m feeling happy and it’s my birthday today!!! Hope ya like it ;)

 

 

“I- I want Wendy...” The office staff sighs when she hears Joohyun mumble and tug on her arm for the umpteenth time that day. “Joohyun I thought I told you to sit down in the sick bay?” She guides the girl back into the room as she says. 

 

Joohyun pouted. “I want Wendy..”

 

“She’s having lessons now. It’s either she comes here after class or you go back and join them.” She smiles slightly at Joohyun after settling her down again. 

 

The staff found Joohyun crying while sitting on the floor earlier and seeing that her wrists were red, she quickly brought Joohyun back to the sick bay. Ever since the school nurses had cleaned Joohyun’s hands thoroughly to get rid of germs, the girl had refused to lie down or even sit down in the sick bay. She just kept walking around the office and mumbling “I want Wendy” over and over again. 

 

Some of the older, more grumpy staff got frustrated and had to leave the office for their lunch break early. Other more caring and understanding ones stayed back to accompany Joohyun. Besides, the girl didn’t mean to annoy the staff on purpose. 

 

“So is it alright if you stay here until one o’clock? I promise Wendy will be here soon.” The staff asked, praying that Joohyun would just agree and stay put in the room already. Though she had to admit Joohyun was a cutie and having her roam around the office was kind of fun. “Eung..” Joohyun nodded and sat down on the edge of the bed. The lady gave Joohyun her phone and opened up a folder full of games. “You can play games on my phone while you wait for your sister.” 

 

Joohyun nods, taking hold of the device and clicking on the candy crush app. “Care to tell me why you were crying?” The lady sits down beside Joohyun on the bed. 

 

It took the younger girl a while before she opened to mumble something. “Boys... bullies.” That was all she said, then she returned her attention to the game, bitting her lower lip while she stared at the phone in full concentration. The lady staff nodded and let Joohyun continue to play her game, deciding to go back to her desk to do some admin work. “When Wendy comes over I’ll call you alright?” 

 

Joohyun nodded. 

 

-

 

Seulgi and Wendy were walking straight to the school’s office right after class. Seulgi didn’t know why Wendy was so anxious, and she was practically getting dragged by Wendy like a puppy on a leash. “Woah woah woah what’s going on? Why are we going to the office?” Seulgi asked, clearly confused. 

 

“Weren’t you with Joohyun before class? What happened?” Wendy asked rather anxiously, worried that something might’ve happened to her sister. Otherwise, why would the office staff call her down after class for Joohyun? 

 

Seulgi shook her head. “She was having a little bit of a tantrum so I told her I was going back to class first. Now that I think of it...” she pauses for a while. “Joohyun didn’t come back to class at all.”

 

Wendy groans and walks a little faster, not like she already wasn’t. She really hoped Joohyun didn’t get injured or something. Wendy swore she’d cry if anything bad happened to her dear sister. She and Seulgi entered the school’s office, bowing to the admin staff upon walking in. “I’m Joohyun’s sister, Wendy... I believe the office called me over..” she trailed off after seeing the lady smile and nod. 

 

“Ahh yes Joohyun’s in the sick bay-“

 

“In the sick bay? What happened? Is she alright?” Wendy’s eyes almost popped out. 

 

The lady chuckled and shook her head. “Joohyun is alright. I found her sitting in the hallway alone and crying a while ago, and her wrists seemed to carry a tinge of redness. But nothing serious.” She started leading the two girls to where the sick bay was located. “She told me some boys bullied her. But I’m not sure who.” She opened the door, revealing Joohyun who was still engrossed in playing candy crush on the staff’s phone. 

 

Joohyun looked up from the device and she immediately broke out into a wide grin. “Wendy!” She jumped up from the bed and ran over, hugging her sister tight. She made eye contact with Seulgi for a split second but turned away almost right after that, completely ignoring Seulgi’s presence. “Joohyun I was so worried oh god.. are you okay?” Wendy pulls back from the hug slightly to check for any injuries but Joohyun bobbed her head again. “I’m okay.” 

 

“Alright, you all better get home now.” The staff smiles at them, and they all bow before leaving the office. The bus ride back home was awkward for Seulgi. Joohyun refused to sit next to her, talk to her, or even look at her. The taller girl didn’t know what she did wrong though. Was it because she left Joohyun at the hallway without comforting her?

 

She was brought out of her thoughts when Wendy tapped on her shoulder. “We’re here. See you tomorrow Seul.” Wendy waves, and Seulgi does the same. Joohyun didn’t pay attention to her though. With that, she watches as Wendy and Joohyun walk hand in hand up the steps to their house. 

 

Seulgi went down a couple more houses until it finally reached hers. Once she unlocked the door, she went upstairs and plopped down on her bed. What on earth did those bullies say to Joohyun? Why was she acting like that?

 

-

 

Even during the next day of school, Joohyun was still ignoring her. And Seulgi was frustrated. “Joohyun What’s going on?” She frowned. 

 

The girl shook her head. “Nothing.” 

 

Seulgi groaned, running her hair. “There’s definitely not nothing. Why are you ignoring me? What did I do Joohyun?” She unwittingly took a step forward, making Joohyun take a step backwards, slightly afraid. 

 

The two questions that Seulgi asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter