fin

five plus one

I (thank god I didn’t think out loud)

There was a lot of things that Sana admired about Momo. For one, Sana admired Momo’s blunt confidence yet deep inside Sana knew that rather than “confidence” it was “nonchalance.” Sana also found herself admiring Momo’s lips on more than one occasion. There was something about them that just seemed so… enticing. It was something to the way that they moved or quite possibly how inviting they looked that Sana found that she was almost always looking at them whenever she faced Sana.

(She didn’t know whether to consider that a good or bad thing.)

(Much like she didn’t know if offering to cuddle with Momo on the couch because she was cold was good or bad. Just the two of them. With no one else in the dorm.)

“Ah, it’s so cold!” Sana complained loudly, pulling the blanket that covered herself and Momo up to her chin. Sana felt Momo instinctively pull Sana flush against her body to help the brunette warm up. Sana smiled to herself as she felt Momo place her chin on top of her head in order to get more comfortable. The two held each other like that, watching some random show they had stumbled upon when flipping through channels.

Though the show sounded like static in Sana’s head as she focused on how gently Momo played with her hands underneath the blanket. Obliviously waving them around and intertwining their fingers or tracing the lines on Sana’s palm. A warmth engulfed Sana’s neck, slowly creeping its way upwards as she closed her eyes, trying to ignore her rapid heartbeat.

“Sana?”

Everything stopped for a second when Sana heard her name being called so softly from Momo’s mouth.

“What’s up?” Sana replied quietly, suddenly dry.

“Nothing,” Momo grinned. “I just wanted to hear your voice.”

Sana gulped as her heart seemed to falter at the other girl’s words. The moment was tense, but Momo just chuckled lowly obviously not sensing the strained silence. Sana’s heart was racing, she felt as if she couldn’t move like she didn’t want to.

These feelings… they’re getting in the way… but the way she makes my heart race!

Sana’s mind was running, and she weakly parted her lips in an attempt to say something but was cut off by the sound of the dorm door opening.

“It’s completely illogical and your view is baseless.” Chaeyoung’s voice hissed as she entered the dorm, Dahyun angrily storming after her.

“Oh please! Have you seen hippos?” Dahyun retorted, pulling out her phone to most likely obtain a picture of a hippo.

“Yeah, I have and they’re pretty disgusting!” Chaeyoung barked back, only softening her voice when Mina grabbed her arm. “Oh, what’s up Mina?” Mina sent a small smile towards Chaeyoung in attempts to calm her girlfriend down, but after several moments of peace, Chaeyoung turned to glare at Dahyun who scoffed loudly.

Dahyun snorted at the couple, the rest of the members beginning to come through the door. The youngest of them came in last and caught Sana’s eye. Tzuyu observed the situation Sana was in and sent her a knowing glance before joining the others to watch the debate between Dahyun and Chaeyoung. Sana’s face heated up, knowing she’d have to talk to Tzuyu later on how exactly she’d found out about Sana’s very secretive feelings for Momo. Momo started to feel Sana shift, sitting up and throwing her feet off the edge of the couch to stand up. Before Sana could join the commotion, she looked back to Momo, who stared intently at the television screen.

“Are you coming too Moguri?” Sana asked, voice quiet.

Momo shook her head, sparing a glance over at the group. “You can go join in on the debate over how cute hippos are. I’ll be here if you need me.” Momo adjusted the blanket so it covered her whole now since Sana had gotten off of the couch.

Sana didn’t want to go, she wanted to stay and hold Momo’s hand and be a loner with her, do all of the things she imagined.

But she couldn’t.

So Sana nodded awkwardly and walked towards the other members.

II (i'm the mortal soldier to your queen of hearts)

“I don’t need one.” Momo referred to not needing an umbrella when it would rain. They were doing a live, just the three of them; Mina, Sana, and Momo. Sana enjoyed the company of her fellow Japanese members, hell, she can’t remember the last time they had together just the three of them. Well, despite the fact they were signing albums and their managers were there as well, Sana still loved hanging out with her two friends.

“If Momo won’t use one then I won’t as well.” Sana cursed herself mentally for a moment, knowing it was stupid of her to easily let out thoughts like that. It wouldn’t matter that much to Sana if she was talking about any of the other members, but that wasn’t the case with Momo.

Why?

Simply because it was Momo.

There was a pregnant pause between the three before they changed the subject and continued on with their live. Soon after, their live ended and the three continued with signing the albums, occasionally talking, but mostly in a comfortable silence with their music playing as background noise.

On their way back to their dorm, they chatted quietly, considering the time. Sana was having a fine time handling herself around Momo, but couldn’t deny the blood that rushed to her cheeks as Momo’s hand found it’s way to Sana’s and clasped the two together tightly. Sana looked away quickly while Mina was talking, trying to hide her blush.

Momo watched Sana from the corner of her eye, a thin smile pressed against her lips as she watched the younger girl get flustered.

Sana coughed into her hand as she directed her gaze towards Mina again. “Sorry, what did you say Mina? I blanked for a second.”

“It’s fine,” Mina reassured, “I was just saying that it’s ridiculous how penguins aren’t praised as much as they should be.” Mina continued on and Sana invested herself in the topic of Penguins enough to not notice the squeeze that Momo gave her hand as they approached their dorm.

They entered like mice in a church, not wanting to disturb any of their sleeping members. Mina was the first to depart from the trio, after being told by Sana and Momo she needed to get some rest. The other two found themselves silently hanging out in the kitchen, not a single word being spoken among them. Soon enough, Sana found Momo’s arms wrapped around her chest as Momo back hugged the younger girl, resting her head on the crook of her neck.

Sana places her hands on top of Momo’s, which were clasped together on the younger girl’s stomach. Sana smiled bashfully as she felt Momo nuzzle her head further into Sana’s neck and Sana didn’t miss the small peck that Momo left on the side of her neck or how she could feel the older girl’s hold tighten, pulling Sana impossibly closer. For another minute they stood like that, only illuminated by the dorm’s kitchen lights. A million thoughts rushed through Sana’s head and her gut churned relentlessly as the low lighting managed to hide the obvious blush that formed across Sana’s face.

God, I love you.


Sana parted her lips, the words ready to roll off her tongue only to be cut off by the distinguished sound of Momo’s yawn. Sana felt go dry as she pressed her lips together again.

“I’m heading to bed now,” Momo whispered to Sana, who nodded. “Anything you want to say before I go?”

Oh, Sana had quite a few things she wanted to say, but it was too impromptu. Too… on-the-spot. There were so many words to use to describe how she felt for Momo, all floating around in the little cloud above her head she liked to call “love.” If she let the cloud burst too suddenly, every single word would spill out, no doubt in a jumble and most likely embarrass her beyond words. So, Sana pushed her thoughts into the back of her head and laughed breathily while shaking her head.

“Sleep tight Moguri.”

III (and you smell like roses)

Sana never pegged Momo to be a wild sleeper, and it never proved that way, so when Sana found that Momo had rolled from her side of the bed all the way over to Sana’s side, she was nothing short of surprised. Momo’s pajama top was skewed from the movement and Momo was sleeping soundly, but Sana was wide awake. After all, how could she sleep when Momo had thrown her arm over Sana’s chest?

Momo snored softly, causing a warm pang to hit Sana’s chest as she smiled at the older girl. The softness Sana felt soon diminished as she realized her current situation.

Since they were pressed so closely together, Sana could feel the outline of Momo’s body, but in their situation, Sana felt too bashful to do that. Instead, she leaned over just a bit and placed her chin on top of Momo’s head.

God, this is creepy, but if I don’t do it now… I guess I’ll regret not doing it more than doing it!

Deciding to base her actions off of that logic, Sana leaned forwards and buried her nose in Momo’s hair.

It smelled like shampoo, but beneath it was something… girly. It was most definitely flowery. Sana had never considered smelling Momo, and she wasn’t sure what to expect, but she didn’t exactly expect an innocent and frilly scent. Sana’s lips pressed into a smile but stopped as Momo moved slightly. When Momo had settled once more, Sana inched downwards slowly until she was face-to-face with Momo’s neck. Completely following her impulses, Sana gently nestled her face into the crook of Momo’s neck, inhaling there as well. She couldn’t smell the shampoo quite as much, but the rosy scent still lingered. Was that her natural scent then...?

Sana quickly felt herself getting... overstimulated, so she pulled away and looked at Momo’s sleeping face. Sleeping. Unconscious. She can’t hear you.

“Momo,” Sana whispered, raising a hand to cup Momo’s cheek. “I… m-my feelings for you they uh… .”

I can’t even do it when she’s sleeping. I’m terrible.

Sana gently peeled Momo’s arm off her rolled to face the other direction, not once daring to watch Momo sleep; she knew that if she looked, she would really lose it.

IV (i'd spoil you rotten)

Sana found it sad that she had to give herself a pep talk in the bathroom mirror in order to prepare herself enough to finally confess to Momo. It was a little depressing when you thought of it, but here she was, a determined look written across her face as she nodded confidently.

In her hand is what you would find to be the solution to all of this romantic anguish that’s built up for quite some time now. A shimmering ring laid flat center in her palm, the main piece of it is the infinity sign that was on the ring that was decorated in diamonds. Real diamonds and real silver. It cost quite a pretty penny, but at this point, Sana was at a loss.

She looked back up to the mirror. You will give Momo this ring. You will finally confess your love to her and give her this ring as a declaration. Absolutely nothing will go wrong because you will not allow it!

The mirror seemed to smile back at her as she marched out into the dorm living room, the ring clutched into her fist. Momo was sprawled across the couch, popcorn bowl nestled comfortably in her lap as she played with the remote, seemingly waiting for Sana. “Ah, there you are Sana,” Momo’s face lit up, “Ready to start the movie?”

“Yup,” Sana felt herself smile tightly as she took a seat next to Momo. It was definitely only because Sana was just about to confess, but she felt almost too close to Momo right now, their thighs touching. Momo obviously didn’t mind, leaning into Sana, looking up anxiously. Oh! This is the perfect moment! “M - Momo. I went to the mall the other day, and… I bought this uh -”

Oh. Oh God. Wait a moment. That’s absolutely no way to start a confession! Oh no. Sana found no possible way to finish with such a crappy start to it! I should have said something about the five years we spent together or maybe how she’s my entire universe… The confession shouldn’t have been centered around the ring, it should be complemented by it! This was a bad idea. This entire thing is a mess. Everything is on fire and the sky and falling down and Sana felt as if she were about to go six feet under as she dug her own grave.

Momo was completely oblivious to the infinite warfare that raged on inside of Sana’s head, so she prodded. “And? Oh… wait did you get me a present or something…?” Momo glanced down towards Sana’s clenched fist.

Sana wanted to die. “No,” she started weakly, blushing furiously. Her hands were sweaty. Gross. The ring was going to be sweaty now. “I - I - I just got this ring and I felt that it would look better on you. Here.”

Sana took Momo’s hand, opened it and dropped the ring in her palm before fixing her eyes on the television, blank-faced but blushing. Momo slowly examined the ring, her eyes sparkling at the sight of it. Momo slipped it on (it was put on her left ring finger Sana noticed) before looking back up at Sana.

God, there was that look again.

Sana bit her tongue as Momo pulled her into an embrace. “Thank you,” Momo whispered, voice full of glee. “You’re the best Sana, really. You’ll always be my number one.”

Sana smiled half heartedly at the comment before turning back to the movie. “Yes, well, don’t mention it Moguri. Let’s continue watching the movie.” Sana spoke quickly, wiping her hands on the couch.

This is going to be a really long movie.

V (for better or for worse)

Sana sort of felt like a rebel, skipping dance practice to see if her favorite peach was feeling okay. She had entered the dorm room quietly, not wanting to alert Momo that she was there. Momo had still been attending schedules and such, but even she knew when to not exert too much energy and stayed in the dorm, resting instead of practicing with the other girls.

Of course, the other members were informed of what Sana was doing and so were the managers, so maybe Sana didn’t feel like that much of a rebel. It always killed Momo though, whenever she wasn’t with her friends or doing what she loved and it absolutely pained Sana to know that Momo was hurting.

So Sana completely skipped dance practice and stood outside Momo’s room door, plastic bag in hand. Said bag was filled with remedies as well as jokbal (because how could she forget Momo’s favorite thing in the world) and some get well items that Sana had picked up. Sana fiddled with her nails anxiously as she knocked on Momo’s door a few times. Shuffles were heard as well as an occasional groan, Sana heard a voice.

“Manager-unnie, do I need to take medicine again?” Momo’s voice was raspy, from being sick and from just waking up from a very much needed nap.

“No, but I brought some jokbal!” Sana lips pulled into a smile as the door was practically thrown open, a frazzled but excited Momo stood in front of her, nose red with congestion. She bounced on her toes slightly as she eyed the bag, but looked up at Sana with wide eyes. Sana ignored the look, stepping back as she walked a bit to the dorm kitchen and started placing all of the food and such on the counter.

“Sana? Why aren’t you in dance practice with the rest of the girls?” Momo raised an eyebrow.

Sana blushed and replied, “I had to come take care of you.”

“Come on. I’m not a person that you of all people should break the rules for.” Momo argued.

That was a good moment, Sana could feel it. A good moment to open and honest about her feelings and tell Momo that rules and all could go straight to hell if it meant helping the girl she loved. Sana inhaled deeply, preparing herself to express all of this compressed feelings without making herself look like an absolute idiot. However, the universe decided against that because as she opened , she heard a little retching noise… and then Momo made a beeline for the bathroom, and Sana sighed as she heard vomiting noises mere feet away.

That certainly wasn’t the time to confess to anybody. Sana held Momo’s hair back and let her do it because after all… what are friends for anyway?

plus one (a new endeavor)

“Ah, what’s this? A love letter?”

Sana always looked up at the sound of Momo’s voice, but when she heard a snigger from Jeongyeon who sat on the other side of Momo, she looked towards Momo’s hands. Judging by the bashful fangirl in front of Momo, the letter enclosed in a peach colored envelope sealed off with a heart sticker was definitely a love letter.

This was no surprise - TWICE was a very popular group and this stuff happened all the time, but Sana couldn’t help but be a little irked by a few things. Maybe it was because Momo made an effort to hide it from the manager (which worked), or maybe it was because the girl was pretty cute and Momo just happened to be staring at her a little too intently.

Maybe it was neither of those things and Sana just happened to be jealous.

Or maybe it was those things.

Regardless of any of that stuff, when Sana caught Momo with the envelope still in her hand as the fan meeting ended, her stomach flopped and she held back a grimace. Sana held her breath, bit her tongue and tried her best to stay cheery on the way back to the dorm because Sana was prepared to release absolute hell when they entered their dorm.

Momo, thankfully entered her room alone as Jeongyeon decided that today was a good day to pick a fight with Nayeon. Sana waited a bit until all attention was on the nonsensical bickering between Nayeon and Jeongyeon before she slipped into Momo’s room.

Sana closed the door behind her and strode over to Momo. She knew it wasn’t her best idea, but when she was in front of Momo, she stared her down, searching her face tediously. Momo started to falter, beginning to squirm anxiously. Finally, after a silence that felt like hours, Sana said “Don’t reply to that or look at it. Please.” Sana referred to the love letter that Momo had in her hand, the sealing already torn open. Momo was ready to ask why, but Sana answered the question before it could even be asked. “I know that it’s your life. You do what you want, but it’s proven that it’s very hard to see someone talk about how they like the person that you love!”

Momo blinked, the letter falling from her hands. “O - Oh,” she said, voice low. “The one you love…”

“It’s you, Momo. I love you. I’ve finally said it so…” Sana paused. She hadn’t thought this far ahead. What now? She didn’t exactly know what happened after this. Be rejected? Be accepted? “I… admittedly don’t know what to do next. I’m glad I told you this, but I -”

And, cutting Sana’s sentence short, Momo tilted her head upwards and showed Sana exactly what to do next.

-

a/n;; comments would be appreciated, sorry this isn't an update on 'tight' whoops like I said multi chap fics are not my thing. I'll try my best to get an update out for it maybe next week??? school's already hitting hard, so I apologize. I hope you enjoy this cute lil thing