i'm not kidding ok

new fic coming right up, in honor of my friend x

The evening weather was windy. The whole class was doing a final preparation for tomorrow's carnival and you and Youngk aren't excluded. You stood on a stool to hang the decorations, whilst Youngk made sure to support you from below. He held onto your stool firmly to make sure you won't fall or any of that sort.

"Jessica."

His voice put a stop to whatever you were doing, you looked at him, eyebrows raised.

"What is it?" you looked at him suspectingly.

"Are you really not gonna come to our play?" his bottom lip jutted into a pout, eyes drooping.

Tomorrow is the carnival. A once in a year event. Everyone was busily preparing their booths and classes to do some selling but you can't even be there. Sighing, you hung the last decoration in turn before getting off the stool, facing Youngk properly. His saddened expression caught you offguard but you tried not to let it get to you.

"I really can't," the end of your lips curled into a small frown, your eyebrows furrowed at the thought of being unable to watch him perform. "You know I'd be away tomorrow."

"But it's not everyday that we get to perform for carnival," he placed his hands on your shoulders, shaking you immensely. "Skip the interview! It's our last carnival as seniors anyway!"

Youngk and you have been friends for so long that you're used to him throwing tantrums like a small child. Tomorrow he'd be performing and you won't be able to witness it. Youngk is disappointed, of course, but it's not like you aren't sad about it either. You have been supporting Youngk and his band since day 1 yet you can't even attend their first gig. It's supposed to be you who's upset about it! 

However, you snapped out of it and shook your head furiously at that thought. 

"Are you dumb? If I skip tomorrow's interview, then I'll never get another chance like this."

You had your arms crossed, your eyebrows furrowed more intensely than ever as you stare at him straight into his eyes. The interview for tomorrow determines your future. You have passed the qualification phase for a university you've been dreaming of and tomorrow's interview will be the determing factor of whether you're getting accepted or not. You'd be a fool if you think you're gonna let this chance slip up just because of a stupid carnival and Youngk should know better than that.

Your scolding must've had its effects when Youngk pulled a serious expression, his face turning red probably due to his anger. He values your presence a lot and to him, your support had always make a difference. But you failed to realise that and before you could say anything, Youngk turned around, his back facing you before he slowly walked away, hanging out with his friends instead. 

His action pissed you off and for once, you were angry with him for real. Not because of his childish behavior, but because of his failure to understand how much you're sacrificing just to invest in your future.

And just like that, the atmosphere between you guys grew strained and you stopped talking for the whole day as the preparation goes on. It's funny how you guys weren't even having an argument or some sort but it just somehow ended up with you getting the cold shoulder.

Night falls over and as you were laying in bed, you wondered if what you're doing is right. You weren't the brightest kid in class but you had dreams. Those dreams were the only motivation for you to keep on going asides from your friends and family. And now that you're finally getting one step closer to it, you can't just give up.

"Yeah, I'm sure I'm doing the right thing," you mumbled under your breathe, your thumb scrolling through your contacts before stopping to stare at one particular name : Youngk. "Geez how I wish I could knock some senses into him."

Frustrated, you grabbed a pillow and screamed into it, releasing all your current tension before you finally eased up. Before you knew it, you felt tired and slowly drifted off to sleep, with hope that this complicated issue will be solved by itself tomorrow. 


The morning presented itself and you were getting ready for something big. You stared at your reflection in the mirror, wondering if you look professional enough. You don't want things to be halfassed, not for this interview. You have got to be prepared for everything! The questions are all in your mind, and the answers are already being laid out mentally in respond. You felt worried but it wasn't long until you thought of what Youngk is up to.

"No! Now's not the time," you hissed at yourself.

Has he eaten breakfast? Did his band start practising already? Today's a big day for him too, huh? These questions linger around your mind, yet your ego stopped you from asking him directly.

Just when you're about to put your phone away, a message came in. You frantically opened it but to your disappointment, it was only Jae, Youngk's friend.

[kakaotalk] Jae: Jessica~ Today's the day for your interview right? Good luck. ^ ^ Brian told us about it.

Your fingers swiftly typed a reply. You wanted to ask so many questions but most importantly is if Youngk is mad at you. You had already typed out the question but before you could send it, you held yourself back and deleted it. The only respond you gave was "Thank you ^ ^ ;;" and that was it.

You opened your chat with Youngk and decided to spam him instead.

[kakaotalk] Are you still mad?

[kakaotalk] I'm about to go now.

[kakaotalk] You won't wish me good luck or anything?

You waited but got no reply. You didn't want to dwell on it so you put your phone away.

Out of sight, out of mind. Or so you thought.


It's been a while since you were waiting for your turn to be called. You waited anxiously outside as you chew on your nails out of habit, your hands propped onto your bag that was placed on your lap. Bzzt. You felt something vibrating through pieces of your clothing.

You fished out your phone from your pocket and saw Youngk's name on your notification popup. Without delay, you swiped over the screen to read his message.

[kakaotalk] BrianK: Goodluck.

You squealed in delight. 

[kakaotalk] You: Thank you. Are you still mad at me? You know this means a lot to me. I hope you'd understand.

You waited for a few minutes. 

[kakaotalk] BrianK: Just come back fast. We got something for you. 

You heart has never beaten faster than now. You just wanted to everything to be done and over with.

And as if God listened to your prayer, your name was called as soon as you wished for it. Leaving nothing behind, you walked into the interview room, nervous but determined.


You rushed to the school compound as fast as you can but the moment you're there, you realised how you've missed the concert. You couldn't make it after all. You sighed and took slow steps to the hall, passing by some stalls that are still open. You looked around to see if you'd see anyone familiar but it was to no avail. You resulted to wait by the side instead, enjoying the performance of your school's choir team when suddenly someone grabbed you on the arm. You turned and saw Dowoon smiling sheepishly.

"Whoa there," you said whilst chuckling, surprised that he chose to greet you like that.

"Come on now we got something to show you," he tugged on your sleeve, forcing him to follow you. 

Dowoon led you to the gym using the back door, and when you arrived there, he had let you open the door yourself.

You scoffed, wondering what his intention would be. You twisted the door knob, and pushed the door open, revealing what was waiting inside.

And.. what was waiting inside did not disappoint you at all. You covered your mouth, squealing yet again. 

Youngk and the rest of the band, day6, were waiting for you to arrive and as you did, all of them cheered. They clapped and was so loud about it.

"Jessica wasseo!" one of them said in a high pitched voice, excited at your arrival.

"Is this why you wouldn't reply my messages? So I won't find out?" you raised an eyebrow at Youngk, scanning his face.

Youngk chuckled and scrunched his nose as his smile widen, his shoulders shrugged in reply to your question. "It took me a while to come up with this okay."

You couldn't stop smiling as you watched Youngk and his band members setting up their intruments. You had missed their performance for the day but they still went out of their way to prepare something like this for you. You felt touched.

Eventually, Dowoon came back with a chair, he panted heavily as he placed it in front of them. He wasn't much of an athlete but to your knowledge, he had been running around all day, waiting and wildly searching for you. You felt bad but it was kinda funny thinking about how Youngk may have bullied him to do so. You took a seat on the chair, your legs crossed as you watched them. Dowoon had also went to sit with them, his fingers tapping senselessly on his instrument as he settled down.

"This song medley is dedicated for you. Though you're an assh*le for not attending our first performance for the school carnival, you still have a special place in my heart." 

You squinted your eyes at him for the word assh*le, but you can't deny that the ending line made your heart flutter a bit. You rolled your eyes and Youngk laughed.

"One two-" 

"Knock knock!" dowoon started off the song.

You clapped to the beat of their playing. They had sung snippets of a few songs - knock knock by twice, so so by baek yerin, never ever by got7, bye bye my blue by yerin and why so lonely by wonder girls. Just when you thought it's ending, they started playing another song.

It was their song.

You felt emotional. The band went through a lot and despite their hardships, they still stick together. They all may be students but their dedication won your heart and you had been rooting for them for so long. And now their song "I'm serious" is being sung for you and you only. You felt special.

You looked at Youngk and as your eyes locked with his, you blushed.

"jangnan anindeee, jigeum nae nune joahanda sseojyeo itneunde," he serenaded. His voice had never felt so soothing until now. "Why don’t you feel it? imi eolgure ti naldaero nago itneunde."

They only did a verse of the song yet it still managed to make you feel giddy. You clapped furiously as everything ended, chanting "encore" repeatedly at them as a joke. You chuckled and let out a long exhale.

"I bet the concert today was fun," you pouted. "I'm sorry I couldn't be here to support you guys."

"Yeah no joke, the hall was so wild today," Jae nodded to himself before continuing. "Did you know that someone even threw a cellphone at us?!"

Your eyes widened. "No way?! For real? Wah the audience must've really loved you guys."

You guys bursted into laughter and smiles were everywhere.

"But! I'm sure we can all agree that you love us MOST," dowoon said shyly, making your heart throb seeing his cuteness.

"Andddd there's also someone feel the same about you."

You raised your eyebrows at Jae's remark. Upon noticing his nudge to Youngk, you blushed. 'It couldn't be...' is what you thought. 

"Listen um-" Youngk cleared his throat, his hand rubbing his nape as he struggled to chain his words together. "Some of the stalls are still open. Would you like to look around with me? Even our class is isn't done yet so I thought maybe we could lend them a hand or something of that sort."

The others cheered to Youngk's invitation. You chuckled and nodded once, "sure why not. Have all of you eaten?"

You slowly got up and gathered your things, watching over them as they were putting away their instruments.

"Not yet, we haven't," Sungjin replied.

"Why? You wanna treat us?" Wonpil chirped from behind.

"Well no but we can always have lunch toge-" before you could finish your sentence, Youngk pulled you to a side.

"No wait, I thought it'd just be the two of us," he said in a hushed tone, afraid others might eavesdrop.

"What's wrong with eating together? It's not like it's the first time we have ever done it." 

"Yeah Brian, don't keep Jessica to yourself." Jae sudden remark surprised Youngk when he suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Jae threw his arm around Youngk, headlocking him.

Youngk hissed and smacked Jae on the arm lightly. "Go away, we need some alone time."

"You mean YOU need some alone time. I'm sure Jessica doesn't mind us following," Jae stuck his tongue out in a childish manner and to your surprise, Youngk did the same.

Eventually Youngk gave in and all of you headed outside. You were walking alongside Youngk, far behind from the others. You hummed softly, your hands locked behind your back. After what they've done, you couldn't refrain from smiling endlessly which received weird glances from Youngk. 

"So.. uhm.. thank you for the performance. hehe," you scratched your cheek, your smile never fading. 

Youngk pursed his lips and smiled. "Yeah it kinda took me a while to arrange it but I'm glad all went well you know."

You chuckled and sighed in content, twiddling your thumbs together as you focus on your path. For a moment there was silence but you lifted up your head when Youngk suddenly called you by your name.

"Jessica."

"Ya?" you replied whilst looking at him.

"I'm sorry if I made you worry," he leaned in and planted a kiss on your forehead. Something you didn't expect him to do.

It was done in a spur of moment that you didn't know how to react. And Youngk, being the he is, probably didn't think much about what he should do next.

You both stared at each other in total silence before Youngk sprinted to catch up to his friends, leaving you behind.

You screamed and they all turned to look at you, "My forehead kiss v*rginity!"

The rest of day6 caught onto what's going on almost immediately and glared at Youngk.

"DID YOU KISS HER?!" Dowoon yelled protectively.

"It was just on the forehead," Youngk laughed and once again stuck his tongue out to tease his fellow teammates.

Without further ado, Dowoon proceeded to chase him around, hitting him for doing something like that to you. Youngk laughed wild as he received hits from him while you just watched the whole stuff unfolding in front of you, thinking about how the kiss may or may not have stirred you inside.

And as the day went on, you made sure to have fun with all of them at your last school carnival as a senior high student. 

After all, you won't be able to hang out much with them once you've graduated but you know for sure that no matter what happens in the future, day6 will always remain as the number one band in your heart.

THE END.

a/n: man i was so sleepy when i wrote this. basically this whole plot is inspired by THIS