Chapter 1

Can I have you back?

 

March 9th, 2017

Yoongi and Jimin were standing side by side for the red light to turn green, so they could cross the street and reach the destination of their date.

“Jimin-ah, why don't you just tell me where we’re going?”

“Hyung, I already told you, It’s a surprise!” at that, Yoongi just sighs and rests his head on Jimin’s shoulder.

Once the red light turns green, they start walking towards the other end of the sidewalk not noticing that there was a speeding car a few meters to their left. Loud screeching sounds could be heard, and before anyone could react, the car was already hitting Yoongi. Jimin could do nothing but stare at the scene unfolding in front of his eyes. Just a few seconds ago Yoongi was standing right beside him, and now he was lying lifeless on the cold, hard asphalt.

The driver had long since left, but Jimin still couldn't bring himself to do anything. As soon as realisation hit him, he dropped to his knees and fell next to Yoongi.

“Hyung!” Jimin screamed as he shook Yoongi’s blood covered body.

“Hyung! Please wake up! Don’t leave me, Yoongi!” Jimin desperately said as he tried to dial 119.

-------

It had been a couple of hours since they took Yoongi in to surgery. According to the doctors, he was taken in with a small abdominal hemorrhage and a head trauma. Jimin couldn’t stop pacing around the waiting room, all sorts of negative thoughts flooding his mind, and he couldn’t stop them no matter how much he tried. Losing Yoongi would be equal to losing a part of him. His other half.

As soon as he had stopped pacing, someone emerged from behind the glass doors. The woman started walking towards him, and only stopped when she was at arm's length.

“I am sorry to announce this Mr. Park, but Min Yoongi didn’t survive the surgery. He had a very damaging brain hemorrhage that we could not contain. I’m sorry for your loss.” That’s how Jimin's day ended, with his first love dying, a proposal that never got to be voiced over, and his broken self, crying on a hospital floor.