The Moon's Sun

The Sun's Warmth

It is too cold. I’m not used to this feeling.

 

Every night, all I could feel was the warmth of my love but tonight is different. That warmth, that love, is gone. It has been years since I’ve felt this cold. Usually when night falls, we would settle on our bed. We would talk about what happened to our day, whisper sweet nothings and I love yous, and cuddle before finally drifting off to dreamland.  

 

Tonight, I am alone on our bed. I have no one to cuddle, to talk, to look at. She is not here. I looked at the clock beside our bed, it is already 2 in the morning. All I could think of is how I miss her. Slowly, sleep consumed me. I could feel myself gradually drifting to dreamland. How I wish that I could see her within my dreams.

 

I do not know how long I’ve been asleep but I could feel someone brushing my hair. I can feel that person slowly leaning to my face. I could feel that person’s soft lips on my forehead. Then suddenly, this person lying beside me whispered, “I love you Byul-ah. Sweet dreams, my love.” Once again, I could feel her lips on my forehead. The familiar warmth is back. I slowly opened my eyes to see the most amazing woman, looking at me dearly.

 

“Oh, Byul-ah. Sorry if I woke you up.” my love softly said.

“It’s okay as long as it is you.” I groggily smiled at her. “But why are you here? I thought you’ll be back tomorrow?” As much as I love her being here now I can’t help but wonder why she is here. She have an important business trip out of town.

“Well love, I can’t bear not sleeping with you. I quickly finish all the important things as fast as possible so I could home immediately to you. ” she replied. She buried her head on my neck, “I miss you so much Byul-ah.”

I hugged her and plant a soft kissed on her forehead. “I missed you too Yongsun-ah and I love you too, my love.”

 

We slowly drifted off to sleep while cuddling, her face still buried on my neck.

 

The familiar warmth is back. It is not cold anymore. She is here with me. Yongsun’s here and she is enough to keep me warm. I’ll sleep knowing that the last face in my memory is the same face that will welcome me in the morning. The face of my beloved Yongsun.