Chapter 23

Mon Coeur: My Vengeful Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV

I look outside the window. There are only a few cars passing by. Where are we going? I can see Sooyoung from her reflection on the mirror. She’s still the same...before when I first met her she has this anger in her eyes but now, there’s sadness. What happened? Maybe she needs some time to cheer up.

Hey. Speak up. Cat got your tongue? She’s grinning from ear to ear.

I turned to her. Uhm…sorry, I don’t know what to say.

Start by telling me how had you been these years…

Oh…uhm. Not much actually. Dad’s still the same. Nothing new.

How about your sister? How is she?

You know Krystal?

Ye-yeah. Er…She was with you when we met at the cemetery right? 

Oh. Yeah. That’s weird, she was uneasy for a few seconds. Did she meet Krystal in another occasion?

We’re here.

Sooyoung’s POV

Whew. That was close. Be careful Sooyoung. You need to watch what you’re saying or else your cover will be blown.

C’mon. I went to the back of the car to grab some things. Damn. I forgot the food. Sorry about that Yoon- I stopped. What the heck did I just say?? 

Are you okay? I looked at Jessica. Her eyes filled with curiosity. 

I’m fine…I-I thought I brought something. Want to take a walk on the beach?

Sure. She walked in front of me. She’s wearing denim shorts, a Minnie mouse shirt and flats. We’re already walking on the shore when…

GAAAAH! There’s sand inside my shoes! Errrr.

She was kicking everywhere. What are you doing?

Trying to get the sand out of my shoes…

Just take them off. 

You’re right. Hahahaha. I’m such a babo. She stopped kicking and stood on one foot and tried to get her shoes off. She looks silly trying to keep her balance. She’s bending from left to right.

Jessica, you’re wobbly. Hahahaha!

Yah!! What did you s- She got her shoe off but lost her balance and fell on the sand. Aigoo~

Aish. You’re a weenie. Here let me help you. I crouched and took off her other shoe. There you go.

Take off your shoes too Sooyoung.

Nu-uh. I’m fine with my shoes.

Aw..c’mon.

No. I stick out my tongue and stood up but Jessica grabbed my leg.

Let go!! I was shaking my leg. Then she takes off my shoes. Yah!!! I was pulling my leg back but she got the shoe off.

Hah! I won! Now the other one. I took a step back but…Gotcha! This is a disadvantage of long legged people. Hahahahaha!

Again, I pulled my leg back but she pulled it too which made me lose my balance and fall down on the sand. 

You’re going to get it Jessica Jung! I warned her.

Catch me if you can! She ran away with my shoes. 

Come back here! I ran after her around the beach.

Jessica’s POV

Oh no! That long legged freak is catching up! Faster Jessica! Faster! I turned around and oof! 

You’re heavy you know! We’re not playing football! Why did you toggle me like that?? 

Hah! Gotcha! She was pinning me dow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter