We might be similar, but you're worse

Leader line VS 98 line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah Kim Minkyung." Nayoung pushed the door open without even bother to knock on it first.

 

Minkyung who is laying on her bed with her smart phone in her hand has to quickly sitting up and look at the leader in wonder. Because she knows that face. That face called the not so happy face of Im Nayoung. Minkyung can sense the wrath hidden behind the calmness facade that the leader wears right now.

 

"Unnie? What did i do this time?" Minkyung groaned and hide her face behind her long-big slender hands.

 

"That's exactly what i'm going to ask you, Minkyung-ssi. What did you do this time?" Nayoung asked back with her hands on her hips. Looking even scarier with this pose, Minkyung inwardly thought.

 

"Huh? I don't know?" Minkyung cluelessly said, unintentionally making Nayoung to get even madder.

 

"If you don't know, then who will know then?!" Nayoung sighed in frustration. But seeing the confusion in Minkyung's eyes, her heart gets soften. She understand that Minkyung can be as dense as her sometimes when it comes to love. Even denser and stupider than her.

 

"Look, Yebin is out there, in the living room, looking all sad and gloomy. The other members trying to make her smile again, Nunu even performing the dumbest slapstick i ever witnessed in the 23 years of my life existence in front of her, causing Kyla who rarely lose her cool, has to laughing in tears while the other members were all knocking out on the floor, including me, the stone. But Yebin, that normally cheerful-loud girl, who always tried her best to laugh at our joke even when it's not funny at all simply because she loves us, she didn't even twitching her lips! Do you understand how damn serious the situation right now is? Kang Yebin can't even move her lips upward. She just keeps on frowning. And i know it's all because of YOU."

 

"ME??" Minkyung looks so surprised at the revelation. But there is worry in her eyes, Nayoung can see that. She is worry for the younger girl.

 

Nayoung sighed for the umpteenth time today. Now she understand why her IOI members were so frustrated and mad at her for being so oblivious toward a certain Chinese goddess' feeling. It's hard to deal with a dense stone. And now she has to deal with a super dense giraffe. Maybe it's a karma for her.

 

"Scoot over." Nayoung softly told Minkyung as she walks toward the taller girl's bed.

 

Once the two girls sit beside each other, Nayoung takes Minkyung's hand and intertwined their long fingers together, catching the younger girl totally off guard.

 

"Y-you alright, unnie?" Minkyung asked, looking all uncomfortable and awkward with the skinship and proximity they have right now.

 

"It feels weird right? For holding hands like this?" Nayoung still looking all calm and unfazed, asked Minkyung as she raised their conjoined hands.

 

"Y-yeah. Kinda." Minkyung honestly answered. "I mean.. Uh.."

 

"Go on, Minkyung-ah. Say whatever you want to say. Don't hold it back." Nayoung said with a motherly smile.

 

"O-okay. So i was saying, holding hand is fine. And not awkward at all. Especially with you guys, my member but this.. uh.. i mean holding hands with our finger intertwining with each other, with no space in between, it feels too intimate, unnie. Sorry."

 

"Oh don't be sorry. But why you always did it with Yebin?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Now we're playing amnesia, aren't we?" Nayoung teased with a smirk.

 

"Aniyeyo, unnie. It's not like that."

 

"Then like what? Don't you dare try to deny it, Kim Minkyung. You always hold Yebin's hand like this." Nayoung said and lifted up their hands again, with Nayoung still tightly holds on to Minkyung's hand, while Minkyung just loosely holds it.

 

"M-maybe i did."

 

"See? So, you're not feeling uncomfortable and awkward when you hold her hand. Why, Minkyung-ah?"

 

"I.."

 

"Don't hold anything back."

 

"I don't know, unnie. I'm not sure myself. It's just that holding her hand always feels so natural, just like an old habit that you will keep doing it from time to time, you realize it or not. Because holding Yebin's hand feels right. It's not uncomfortable at all, instead it feels so comfortable. It gives me warm feeling whenever our hands hold each other. Even when our hands start to sweating or even cramping because we've been holding each other hand for too long, i still don't mind.  I'm weird, right?"

 

"No, you're not. You're not weird at all. Because i feel it too." 

 

"You feel like that too whenever you hold Yebin's hand?!?" Minkyung asked in disbelief. She accidentally raised her voice few octaves higher. She quickly bowed her head and keep mumbling "Jwesonghamnida (I'm so sorry)" once she realized that she just shouted at their leader. Nayoung in the other hand can't keep her cold persona anymore. Instead she starts to laugh.

 

"Unnie?" Minkyung look bewildered. She thought Nayoung will scold her for being so rude at her as the leader and big unnie in the group. But instead of looking angry, she's happily laughing?

 

"You're funny, Kim Minkyung. Hahahaa~ It's fine. I won't scold you for literally shouting at my face. And i forgave you. But anyway, before this misunderstanding getting more severe, i will clarify it first. I'm not saying that i feel what you feel when i hold Yebin's hand. Heck, i don't think i ever hold her hand for more than three seconds. As far as i can remember, we only held hand, casually held hand when we have to, like when holding hand is part of our choreo, or when we're having a photo shoot. What i was trying to say is, i can relate because i feel what you feel, when i'm holding Joo Kyulkyung's hand." Nayoung said with a small dreamy smile on her face after she mentioned Kyulkyung's name.

 

"Uh.. i think that's normal because she's your GIRLFRIEND, unnie." Minkyung pointed out as a matter-of-factly.

 

"True. Do you know why we can feel so comfortable, warm and fuzzy just because we're holding someone's hand?" Minkyung hesitantly shook her head.

 

"It's because that hand is the hand that you want to hold on to all the time. When you feel happy, or when you feel sad. When you feel strong, or when you feel powerless. It's always good to know that you have someone to turn to, someone to run to, someone to share your feelings and emotions with. And that person happened to be the owner of the hand that you love to hold on to. That's like a part of human's instinct. You hold on to her, because you need her. As simple as that. So the conclusion is, you like Kang Yebin. In the same way like i do for Joo Kyulkyung."

 

"I see.." Minkyung nodded her head weakly but what make Nayoung confused is the way the younger girl looks so calm even after she takes in the information that Nayoung just told her. Nayoung thought Minkyung will go crazy or at least try to deny her feeling a bit more instead of directly accepting and at the same time, admitting the fact.

 

"Why you look so calm and reserved? I thought you'll go berserk."

 

"I don't know, unnie. I also feel kind of weird with the way i reacted. Maybe because deep down inside, i already know, i always know, that i like Yebin, in that way. But i keep denying it and trying to lie to my ownself all this time."

 

"Why?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter