Final

It's gonna be a beautiful night!

It was supposed to be a Grand Night, it really was. Solar was meant to meet with Hyejin at a bar/night club and have a wild night out as she put it. Finals week had just ended and they were ready to be human beings again, not just desperate students running on caffeine and Red Bull. But of course, since Solar was actually looking forward to this night with her friend, it had to go wrong.

 

It started when she arrived at the bar and it was already so crowded. She had a rough time making her way up to the counter where she then had to wait 15 minutes just to get a beer. Drink in hand she headed towards the left side of the room where the high tables were.

While crossing the dance floor, someone pushed her from the front, and stumbled backwards, doing her best not to fall and not to spill her drink. Before she could embarrass herself completly, a pair of hands gripped both her shoulder, securing her up.

« Careful there. » a smooth voice spoke in her ear. She turned her head around to see a beautiful black haired girl, barely taller than her, clearly trying to contain a smile. Solar blushed, thanked the girl quietly and quickly made her way to an empty table.

She looked around the club, between the people talking, drinking, dancing, and grinding, she wondered if she should try to mingle or just stay put as she waited for Hwasa. She opted for the latter and she took out her phone, mindlessly scrolling down her instagram feed, waiting for her friend. After another 10 minutes of waiting, she grew impatient. Sure, Hwasa was kind of known to be often late but this was too much. As she was about to call the girl, she received a text. She opened it and frowned at the message.

 

So sorry Unnie ! Smth urgent came up, gotta take friend to the hospital, explain later, ill make it up to u ! love <3- Hwasa

 

« What the hell ? » she said outloud and sighed, How is Hwasa's life so wild ?

 

Well that was just great. What was she supposed to do now ? Either go home or stay here alone, and try to find some not creepy people to hang out with. As she looked at the people in the room, she only thought Highly unlikely. Her eyes searched for the girl from earlier but it looked like she already left. Not like Solar would've been brave enough to go talk to her anyway. Guess I'll just go home. Between the two alternatives, being in her bed watching netflix actually didn't sound so bad right now.

 

She finished her beer quickly, took her bag and started to make her way to the exit. Turns out making her way out was even more difficult than making her way in. She put all of her concentration into her feet to avoid almost falling again. She only lifted her head when she heard a loud, familiar voice. A voice she didn't particularly wanted to hear. Her eyes looked left and right until they landed on the owner of said voice.

Could this go any more wrong ?

Standing right in front of her, a few feet away, was her jerk ex boyfriend, dressed in a casual t shirt and short, making noise with two of his bros. They all looked like your typical frat boys, but not the good kind (is there a good kind though?) .

Now, Yongsun had to admit that he wasn't the ex she was the proudest of. He was some guy she met at a party her second year of college. He was kind of rude and loud but pretty good looking. He had a huge crush on Solar (well, less crush than lust, really..). She'll even admit that she only dated him so she could bring him to her parents' house to piss them off. Of course, she quickly grew tired and annoyed of him and they broke up shortly after.

 

Their eyes met for two seconds before Solar snapped her head back to another direction. She cursed under her breath when she heard him call out to her.

She walked quickly into the opposite direction. Forget getting out of this club if he was going to follow her.

Solar scanned the room again to see where exactly she could go to avoid him. She honestly wasn't sure if the ladies' room was enough to keep him out. Out of ther corner of her eye she spotted him getting closer, she could pratically feel him grin behind her, like he was having fun chasing her. Yongsun glanced to her right and almost stopped when she saw the girl from earlier. She was sipping on a beer, looking at her phone. She was alone.

Now mind you that Solar was in a quite dangerous situation and would never under normal circonstances do something that bold, but she acted only on impulse. She turned right and walked straight to her. When she got close enough, the charismatic girl lifted her head and they made direct eye contact. She was surely about to ask what was wrong, because a stranger walking towards you with such assurance might look quite weird, but she just opened when Solar linked their arms together and whispered to her « I am so sorry about this, please play along »

 

The jet black haired woman looked thoroughly confused but she couldn't question Yongsun as the man that was following her finally caught up to her.

 

« Hey Solar » he said once he was standing right in front of the girls « I called you earlier, didn't you hear me ? » he grinned.

« Hey ! Alex ! » Solar forced a smile « sorry must've been the loud music »

Alex nodded, as if saying sure, sure, then glanced to Yongsun's arm, currently link to the girl, then he stared at the girl herself, who was already staring right back at him, a small polite smile on her lips and a clearly confused look in her eyes.

« Aren't you going to introduce me to your... friend here ? » Alex said. His friends had now also catch up to them. Great, an audience.

« Oh, right » Solar coughed « Alex, this is my, uh, girlfriend... » Now was a great time to realise she didn't know the name of the complete stranger she forced into her own personnal drama. Should she invent a name and hope she says nothing ? Before she could make a decision, the girl next to her spoke

« Moonbyul » she extended her free hand to the man « nice to meet you. » It did not sound like she was actually glad to meet him. Yongsun was so thanksful that the girl – Moonbyul- played along, she almost just hugged her right there.

Alex stared at the two, and the extended hand that he did not take, and laughed, looking at his friends behind him, almost forcing them to laugh as well, even though they didn't know why.

« Girlfriend, wow » he said still laughing « I didn't know you swang that way Solar ! Wouldn't have expected this from a girl who dated me. Guess this is why we broke up. » Yongsun stiffened, her hand tightening the grip she had on Moonbyul's arm. She did not dare to look at the girl to her right, this was embarrassing enough to have to pretend to be her girlfriend, but now being insulted by her ex, that was a new low. What a great ing night. Of course, the boy wasn't done talking.

« Then again» he continued, talking more to his friends than to Solar at this point « I always knew she was kind of a sl*t. But if I had known she was this type of sl*t, I would've suggested a a long time ago » he snickered.

 

If she wasn't already on the verge of tears (mostly from anger), Yongsun might've said something back, but she couldn't really trust her vocie right now. She felt Moonbyul's hand on her own, giving it a quick squeeze. Before she could comprehend what was happening, Moonbyul had pushed Solar a bit to the side, tapped Alex on his shoulder to gain his attention, then punched him square in the face when he turned to her.

«You should really learn when to shut the up »

Now Solar wasn't going to lie, Moonbyul looked really hot and really badass punching this jerk. It probably would've looked even more badass if she didn't yelp in pain right after (but even that was quite cute). Everything after that happened pretty quickly. 

« Oh my God » Moonbyul squeaked holding her hand « This hurt so much »

« You just punched him... In the face... » Solar gaped.

Alex was now on the floor, hands to his face almost passed out, his friends circled him asking if he was alright.

Naturally they were thrown out of the club right away, for starting a fight. They didn't even try to argue that he honestly had it coming but used this as one more excuse to get the hell out of here.

They sat quietly on the sidewalk in front of the club, Alex and his Bros were now nowhere to be seen, it probably hurt their tiny little ego being dominated by a girl. Moonbyul was still rubbing her hand, which was indeed getting red. She might be able to throw a mean punch but she apparently didn't have the right technique. Solar stood up and told Moonbyul to wait here as she went to a conveniently placed store just on the other side of the road. She came back a fe minutes later with ice that she placed on the other girl's hand.

« Thanks » Moonbyul shot a grateful smile to Yongsun.

« Thank you » Solar responded « I stil can't believe you actually punched him. »

Moonbyul laughed and rubbed the back of her neck with her healthy hand « Well, I couldn't let him talk to my girlfriend like that, right ? »

« Oh my god » Yongsun laughed « How chivalrous of you. I'm sorry I dragged you into this, I ran out of ideas, clearly. That was pretty embarrassing. »

« Mh, I don't know » Moonbyul started « Was it more embarrassing than when you almost fell ? » Now she didn't even try to hide her mocking smile.

« Ok, not my best night, I'll admit » Solar conceded

« Don't worry, it wasn't that bad » she smiled « I just don't think we'll be able to come to this club for a while »

« Oh god, I didn't just ruined your night did I ? Were you with other people inside ? » Solar asked, panicked.

Moonbyul waved a dismissive hand « Nah, I was supposed to meet with a friend but she ditched me last minute. If anything, you made my night better » she smiled in a way that made Solar's cheek burn red and her heart skip a beat. « I'm Moonbyul by the way, my friends call me Byul. » she added, extending her hand.

«Yongsun, but people call me Solar » she took her hand and shook it.

« Yongsun » Moonbyul tried the name, Solar decided she liked the way it sounded with her voice « Nice to meet you. » She looked at her watch « It's getting pretty late, were you heading home before all of this ? »

Solar hesitated, but settled on calling it a night « Yeah, I was actually. I should call an uber »

« I'll wait with you then, since I live close by »

So they sat there and talked until Solar's phone alerted her that her ride was arriving. As the car pulled over, they stood up, Moonbyul walked in front of Solar and opened the door for her.

« Well this was suprisingly fun » she smiled « Oh, give me your hand, just a second »

Solar almost immediatly did as asked. Byul looked for something in her bag. She pulled out a pen, uncaped it with and brought it close to Solar's hand « Do you mind ? » she asked. Yongsun shook her head no and watched as Moonbyul wrote her phone number on the inside of her hand.

« Call me if you're ever in the need of another fake girlfriend » she said, helping Solar into the car « Or if you want a real date » she winked and closed the door, leaving Solar blushing and wordless. She may or may not have spent the entire ride staring at the in the ink on her hand smiling like a fool.

 

So to summarise her night : Solar had been ditched by her friend at the club, almost fell and embarrassed herself, met her ex boyfriend, got kicked out of the club, spent the rest of the night sitting on a dirty sidewalk in front of said club, and it still ended up being the best time she had in long time.