I'll Be Your Downfall

I Could Hold You (Endlessly)

Their relationship would have never worked out. The odds would never have been in their favour. Eunkwang told himself this as he watched Minhyuk’s solo on stage, in awe of how ethereal he looked. He was just too beautiful.

Eunkwang told himself that their relationship would be a dead end whenever the urge to feel Minhyuk’s hands on his skin would be too strong to overcome; it was wrong, he told himself, Minhyuk was just his best friend. Nothing else.

Minhyuk, however didn’t seem to be aware about this, or even care about it, since Minhyuk liked to teasingly flirt with him, he was most fond of watching the leader blush and stutter every time Minhyuk brushed his hand across Eunkwang’s hands or a brief touch on his back when he walked past him.

Each time Minhyuk touched him like this, he thought to himself that he now knew what it feels like to be electrocuted, or to have swallowed butterflies, electricity running through his body, stomach flopping and making his heart beat faster than ever before.

He knew that he should ask Minhyuk to stop flirting with him, that it would be crazy to even think about their relationship being anything else besides being friends - Deep down, he knew since he was a child that he liked boys, but he had repressed and ignored that feeling for years, and as if that wasn’t enough, they were co-workers too, Eunkwang told himself, being in any sort of relationship would only make that more complicated, and what if things went bad between them?

That was how Eunkwang reasoned as he laid in his bed at night, plagued by thoughts in his mind, the gears in his brain running a mile a minute. Most of the thoughts were about his crush on Minhyuk.  If only emotions could be easily switched off, he thought to himself as he groaned, tossing and turning in his bed until he finally drifted off into sleep. His dreams, however, were filled with Minhyuk’s smiles, his soft and tender hands on his body, and when Peniel’s alarm tore him out of his sleep the next morning, he felt like he barely slept a wink.

This resulted in a grumpy Leader Seo the next morning as he made his way to vocal lessons, the combination of restless sleep and the dreams that left him frustrated and exhausted; he stopped by the cafe to get coffee and finish a cup in a few gulps before arriving at the practice room.

It didn’t help his mood at all that when Minhyuk was the first one to arrive at their practice room besides Eunkwang and greeted him with a teasing “Good Morning, Honey!” and patted Eunkwang on the bum as he walked past him. The words spilled from Eunkwang’s lips before he could stop himself.

“Please! Can you stop that?’, Eunkwang blurted out, which made Minhyuk freeze, looking quite shocked at Eunkwang’s sudden outburst before a brief look of hurt flashed across his features and Eunkwang immediately felt guilty. After all, Minhyuk was just being his usual cheeky self, a bit flirty, but that’s just how he is and here he was, snapping at his friend first thing in the morning.

“O-Oh. I’m sorry.”, Minhyuk mumbled, his gaze dropping to the floor, hand scratching the back of his head nervously. “I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. I’ll cut it out. I’m sorry… um. I’ll go now.”

‘Wait! Minhyuk. It’s not that.”, Eunkwang hurried to reassure him, feeling even worse at Minhyuk’s reaction, and grabbing Minhyuk’s wrists to keep him from walking away. “You’re not making me uncomfortable, I’m sorry for getting angry at you. You didn’t deserved that. It’s just…”

He stuttered and thought hard of how to even continue. Not sure how to tell his best friend that it would be crazy to start anything with their line of work and the risk of falling apart or the rumors that would ruin their group. Minhyuk was looking at him curiously, and he fought the urge to nervously run both hands through his hair as he continued.

“It’s just”, He started, trying to win a few more seconds to gain composure, “You make me feel… the exact opposite of uncomfortable. And that’s terrible because...we’re idols and we can’t do this. It would be insane to be anything more than friends, and-”

Minhyuk then did something unexpected, strong hands pulled Eunkwang to him. Chest to chest. Lips so close he could feel Eunkwang’s breath ghosting over his lips and cut his awkward stuttering off by pressing his lips to the shocked leader. Even though Eunkwang just told him that they couldn’t do this, Eunkwang kissed him back at once, wrapping both arms around him, a muffled happy sigh slipping between his lips when their kiss deepened.

Perhaps, Eunkwang thought to himself as he melted against Minhyuk, all the need and desire he had been repressing ever since he had met Minhyuk for the first time was finally breaking through to the surface, breaking down his walls he tried so hard to keep guarded, turning the kiss into something almost rough, his need to feel Minhyuk closer, atom to atom. The need for Minhyuk was too obvious to ignore. This was truly a insane thing to do...but he had never felt more grounded and his mind ran with more clarity than it did in this very moment, and so, Eunkwang figured, this has to be a good thing after all as everything made sense now.

Minhyuk was worth it.

Their love was worth it.