Chapter one

Those cold days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leaving the boy on the pavement, I attempted to hail a taxi; the streets were emptying themselves at an alarming rate, but thankfully there were still taxis around. I managed to hail one after nearly five minutes and the car stopped in front of me. Fortunately the driver was willing to take me to my destination.

"Could you please help me? My friend has passed out!" I shouted as the wind was carrying away my voice. The driver nodded and carried the black-clad boy to the backseat as I put my shopping bags in the trunk. I made sure to keep the boy's ticket safely into my purse. 

"What happened to the boy?" the driver asked as he started driving away.

"He missed his train," I replied. "He slipped and hurt himself while coming out of the station. My friend's very sensitive to the cold," I added. The taxi driver nodded, satisfied at my answer.

"The weather is very bad, Miss, everyone is rushing home right now," the driver took another turn. "You should take care of yourself and of your friend, don't go out until the weather reports say it's ok to go out." I nodded. After a few minutes, we finally reached my apartment building. I asked the driver to help me but he would only carry the boy until the lobby, saying that he had to reach home soon as well.

I left my bags and decided to take the boy upstairs first - what was his name again? Yoongi? He was not as heavy as I had thought he would be, and dragging him to my apartment was easier than expected. We took the elevator and I opened my apartment door, dropping him on the couch, before running out to get my groceries from the lobby. 

As soon as I came in, I dropped my bags on the marbled floor and proceeded to examine Yoongi; his face was beautiful. He looked like a porcelain doll with his flawless white skin and his small lips. His nose was small and pretty - but still bloody. I fetched some warm water from the bathroom and gently wiped off the blood on his face using a cotton pad. Something bothered me though; Yoongi was not responding - not even shivering. His breathing had slowed down as well. I took off my shoes and my coat before turning on the heater to the maximum and taking his backpack and his wet coat off him. Then I took off his gloves as well; his fingers were purplish and ice cold. I tried rubbing his hands but there was no response. His body was still cold.

'Is he going into hypothermia?' I asked myself alarmed, as I rushed off to find blankets. I carefully took off his black boots and socks to discover that his toes seemed frozen and bluish as well. I wrapped him up into the blankets and went to find my electic blanket which I placed over him.

'Please don't die,' I quietly prayed, worried by the lack of response. 'Maybe I should give his body time?' My mind was racing as to what to do. 'Should I have taken him to the hospital instead?' I sighed and decided not to think too much, quietly praying for him to wake up.

I went to the kitchen to do some dishes and fix myself a hot drink; my body was going cold as well. I kept in my groceries, giving the sleeping form on the couch some occasional glances. His chest was still rythmically going up and down; that was a good sign. I started to make ramyeon for myself but then it occured to me that Yoongi might wake up any time soon - I hoped he would - and added enough for him as well. I glanced into the living room; still no reaction. I started cutting chives for the ramyeon and nearly cut my finger off when I heard a loud gasp from the living room. I ran there to realise that Yoongi had woken up and was shivering like crazy. My heart gave a leap of joy but I soon realised his plight. I rushed to the bathroom to get a bucket of hot water and brought it to him. His fists were clenched and his body curled up in the fetal position as the shivers rocked across his whole being.

"Yoongi!" I exclaimed as I pulled his feet out of the blanket and put them inside the hot water bucket. At this he gave a gasp of surprise at the sudden heat and attempted to pull out his legs but I kept him in place. "Yoongi! It's not that hot! Look, I have my hand in there too! Keep your feet in the water, it will warm you up faster!" I coaxed him. After a while, his shivering had calmed down and opened his eyes to look at me.

"Who are you?" he asked confused, "where am I?" His eyes scanned the room, examined the blankets and the water bucket at his feet and finally landed on me again. "How did I reach here?"

"My name is Cho Hana," I replied. "You collapsed in the street earlier so I brought you here. I'm a student

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter