A Stargazer's love - P1

Journey to the altar

He got out of his car and walked up the pathway to his house. The air was a little stuffy tonight and reflexively he looked up at the sky. It was already nightfall and the sky was a dark ink of black dotted by the stars.

Noh Ji Wook suddenly thought of himself two decades ago. When he was just a boy and had lost his parents, the people around him comforted him. His godmother then had told him his parents never really left him. With their passing, they become the stars watching over him. He had come to love and hate the stars. Yet for the most of it, he had wanted to be a star himself just so he could be right up there with them. It was particularly hard for him to open up to anyone and he had naturally adopted a closed-off persona and a hardened prosecutor image at work. He had never cared for anyone's attention and even with his love of justice, he had not want to play anyone's champion. That is until Eun Bong Hee happened. Just a thought of her, a mention of her name is enough to cause the corner of his lips to tilt up into a smile.

He opened the door and entered a vacant house. Bong Hee is out to celebrate her victory at court with her client. Needless to say Byun and Lawyer Eun would be there. No better excuse for some alcohol. He should quickly wash up and grab a bite so that he would be on standby to go fetch her later when shes ready and drunk. He shook his head wryly. His fiance loves her alcohol. If she wasnt such a cute drunk he would have complained. That, plus depending on her level of drunkeness. A semi-inebriated Bong hee might pounce on him. He grinned and his shoulders raised to his ears with the memories of their last few episodes.

As he washed off the grime and dirt of the day, he mentally noted to himself to go shopping soon and stock in on the bath supplies. He has always been in charge of it and making sure Bong hee never had to worry about it. Come to think of it, from the moment he opened up his house to her, he had unconsciously make sure to take care of her. Man should learnt from him. There is the bonus of picking and buying bath supplies for your woman. When he buries his face to the crook of her neck, rest his chin on her shoulder or kiss the side of her face, he loves inhaling deeply and smell her hair and body shampoo. Knowing it is the scent he picked for her, he is filled with masculine pride. Lilies. He never deviated from that.

As he was towelling down, he heard the sound of the door clicking open and shut. Hurriedly he put on his bathrobe and rushed out. He pulled the door open and yelp in surprise.

"Yah Eun Bong Hee! You gave me a fright. How come you are back? Are you not drunk?" he steadied himself. Even before she replies, his hands reach out to her and hold her shoulders, his eyes roaming over her face to read her.

She flashed her trademark beautiful smile. To this day, he thinks she enslaved him right from the start with her smile. Particularly when she looks at him implishly, she is both equal parts of bright and playful, impossible and unexpected. Everyday with her is truly never boring.

"Whose drunk?" She giggled. "Lawyer Eun sent me home. He didnt drink and he seems in a rush to go meet Prosecutor Cha." Her eyes became shrewd and a look of wickedness crossed her face when she added, "I think they are getting some tonight"

"Yah Eun Bong Hee!" She says the most unexpected things. If his mum could hear her, she would passed out. She is perhaps too unconventional for the standard korean woman. Before he could say anything else, she wound her arms around his neck. That always gets his attention and his other part also goes into alert. 

"Your hair is still wet," she murmured as her fingers played with the hair at his nape. That coupled with the warmth of her body seeping through his bathrobe was very distracting. Very enticing. All he could see was those lips right in front of him.