*-*

Well this is Awkward...

[I recommend listening to Angel by NCT 127 and Energetic by Wanna One as you read, but that's juat a suggestion. Enjoy either way.]

 

No One's POV

 

“You said we were going out for sushi.”

“Did I say sushi? I mean school dance.”

“Tiffany I've told you so many times I like staying home and streaming Netflix. Going out isn't my style.”

“Oh come on Taeyeon. You never leave the house unless it's for school or food.”

“What's so wrong about that?”

“You're a 17 year dork who has never dated, gone out with friends, or ever been to a school event. Come on, live a little.”

“We're high school seniors. I'm more focused on trying to get into college, not make friends at a school I'll be stuck in for the next few months then never speak to again. I have you anyways, that's enough.”

“You need more than one friend Tae.”

“Trust me, having you as a friend is like 10 in one.”

“Aww, thanks.”

“That wasn't a compliment.”

 

As much as Taeyeon tried to get Tiffany to just take her back home, she didn't budge. Guess she was stuck at the school dance whether she liked it or not.

 

It wasn't that she hated dances, but more like she wasn't as social as her only friend. She never fit in like normal people. She'd spend her days at home instead of even making an attempt to leave the house.

 

“Can we go home yet?”

“Tae we got here 10 minutes ago.”

“I miss my bed and you promised me sushi.”

“If you're hungry, then go find something to eat here.”

“You know I don't like human interaction.”

“So want me to get you something to eat?”

“Yes please.”

“Stay here and if you even try to run out, remember that our apartment is 4 miles away.”

 

Taeyeon sat in her seat like a puppy waiting for its master to come back. She wasn't very patient so waiting for Tiffany felt like an eternity had flown by instead of the actual time of 2 minutes. As soon as she spotted her friend coming back, she felt a wave of relief hit her until she saw another girl clinging onto her arm.

 

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

 

“Tae, this is Yuri.”

“Where's my food?”

“Yuri wants us to go hang out with her and a couple of her friends so let's go.” Bad feeling confirmed.

 

Taeyeon didn't really have a choice as she found herself being dragged towards a table with 3 other people. She didn't know these girls so she instinctively held onto Tiffany for dear life. It wasn't until Tiffany had to introduce them both to the group that she seriously considered running home.

 

“Ay guys, I found us 2 more party people to hang out with.”

“Hi. I'm Tiffany and this is my shy friend Taeyeon. Let's get turned up til we drop. Shall we?”

 

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

“Ay guys, I found us 2 more party people to hang out with.”

 

I swear Yuri brings over whoever she wants just to make out with random girls. She better not make me drive them home like last time just so she can have a good time in the back seat. Ugh, I'm never coming back to these dances ever again.

 

“Hi. I'm Tiffany and this is my shy friend Taeyeon. Let's get turned up til we drop. Shall we?”

 

Oh no, she's one of those people at dances. The ones that are absolutely insane. Wait, who's the girl hiding behind her?

 

She's cute.

 

Oh damn, she's sitting next to me. Quick, act like you didn't see her. Yeah, look away.

 

HEART, STOP BEATING SO FAST. SLOW DOWN.

 

“Let's dance while the night is young guys.”

“I second that. Let's go.”

 

Everyone got up and started letting loose, except the cutie next to me. She looked really uncomfortable in that seat. Maybe she didn't go out much? Should I ask her if she's fine? I don't know…

 

Stop being an idiot and ask her already! This is your one chance.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

“Y-Yeah. I'm just not used to going out.” She has really pretty lips.

“My name is Hyoyeon.”

“I'm Taeyeon.” Beautiful name. Matches her perfectly.

“Do you wanna dance with me?”

“I'm not a good dancer.”

“It doesn't matter. Come on, just one dance.” I sound really desperate.

“O-okay.” She agreed. Don't screw this up.

 

No One's POV

 

Hyoyeon walked next to Taeyeon as they went to a less crowded part of the dance floor. It didn't take long for them to realize a new song was starting, and it was a slower song than they expected.

 

“If you're not comfortable with this song, we can sit back down.”

“No. Tiffany told me live a little. Let's dance.”

 

To say they were awkward was an understatement. Taeyeon kept looking at the floor to make sure she wouldn't trip on her feet while Hyoyeon was trying her best to not pass out while dancing.

 

They were both trying their best not to mess up that they didn't notice their friends back at their table recording the pair.

 

“I thought you said Taeyeon was shy?”

“She is. I've never seen her interact with anyone but me.”

“Ay look, she's holding Hyoyeon by the .”

 

The girls continued to record the awkward interaction until the song started coming to an end. The two shikshins suggested they get some decent food since there wasn't any at the dance.

 

“Shouldn't we invite the two awkward girls?”

“Nah, they'll be fine.”

“But I'm Taeyeon's ride home.”

“Hyoyeon has a car. She can take her home later.”

“Okay. If you say so.”

 

The 4 of them got up and left before any of the two noticed they were gone. If it weren't for the song type changing again, they would've kept dancing for a while longer.

 

They each stepped back and avoided looking each other in the eye. Hyoyeon, being somewhat braver than Taeyeon, took initiative and reached out to hold Taeyeon's hand.

 

On both ends, electricity started coursing through their veins when their hands met. Their awkward situation wasn't getting any better upon seeing an empty table.

 

“They ditched us.”

“Tiffany promises to not leave me alone and this happens. Aish.”

“Don't worry. I got a car. I can take you home.”

“No, it's okay. I can just walk home.”

“I insist. It's probably Yuri’s fault they left us here alone so I'll just take you.”

“Are you sure?”

“I'm not dangerous. Let me help you out.”

 

Before Taeyeon could oppose any further, Hyoyeon put an arm around the girl and started leading her towards the car. Neither talked a single word in fear of looking like a fool to one another. The two got in and were soon on their way.

 

*-*

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

Say something to lighten the mood...think, quickly.

 

“You know, I've never danced before, much less with such a pretty girl.” Of all things to say, WHY THIS.

“You think I'm pretty?” What kind of question is that?! Yes!

“Of course. You'd need to be blind to not see you're not pretty.” Dig my grave now.

“Thanks. No one, not even my friends, have ever told me I'm pretty before, except my parents but they kinda have to tell you that.” All your friends are blind idiots.

“Yeah, guess so.”

 

Oh no, she's not looking at me anymore. Well, she's driving but now she's not even glancing over at me like she was doing before. Ugh, I made the situation worse.

 

“Taeyeon?”

“What?”

“I've been trying to get your attention for a while now but you seemed really deep in thought. Are you okay?”

“Yeah, sure.”

“Okay. I wanted to ask you if you wanted to stop by this really good sushi place unless you don't like sushi then we can stop-”

“No, I like sushi.”

“So you wanna go?”

“Sure.”

 

*-*

 

No One's POV

 

The awkward pair ended up at a sushi place a mile away from where the dance was. It wasn't packed so they managed to enjoy some sushi without being in a cramped space.

 

It eventually became more lively when Hyoyeon ate a spoonful of wasabi in an attempt to show off to Taeyeon. It backfired horribly when Hyoyeon started coughing up the paste since she wasn't as good at handling spice as she claimed to be.

 

The two then cracked some jokes as they continued their meals. It was as if time stood still every time they laughed and looked each other in the eye. Every bit of accidental skinship sent a jolt of electricity running in their bodies.

 

On some level they knew this was true, but chose to hide those emotions instead. Both were very much oblivious to the other developing feelings.

 

*-*

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

“So here we are. Safe and sound like I promised.”

“Thank you for bringing me home Hyoyeon. I appreciate it.”

“It was nothing. Thanks for the great night. If it weren't for you, I probably would've spent the night making sure Yuri didn't do anything stupid.”

“Ah...so I guess this is it?” I don't want it to be the end.

“Yeah. Goodnight Taeyeon.”

“Night Hyoyeon.” For once, take a risk?!

 

She's walking away...ask for her number, do something?! Oh wait, I know.

 

“Wait! Hyoyeon, you forgot something.”

“What did I forget?”

“This.”

 

No One's POV

 

Taeyeon pulled Hyoyeon close and kissed her. Sparks flew high as the kiss happened. It was a short 5 second kiss, but it was an eternity to the dazed blonde who didn't know how to react whatsoever.

 

After what seemed like a lifetime, Taeyeon pulled away and shyly looked down. It was as if they were back at where they started the night, the awkward dance.

 

“Goodnight Hyoyeon.”

 

Taeyeon ran inside the house as quickly as she possibly could in fear of doing something dumb in front of Hyoyeon. On the other hand, Hyoyeon was still in shock as she went back to her car. She just couldn't stop herself from smiling as she remembered the kiss.

 

*-*

 

Taeyeon leaned onto the closed door and let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in. Her heart raced as her mind kept going back to that kiss. She didn't know what had come over her at that moment, but she was sure glad it had happened.

 

“So I see you guys kissed. Nice job.”

“You saw that?!”

“Yeah, so did Yuri. She's upstairs watching a movie, wanna join?”

“No. Promise you won't tell anyone that I kissed her okay? I don't want anyone else to know yet.”

“Okay. Oh and next time you guys dance, don't be a and hold her by the .”

“Yah!”

 

\*-*/

 

2 days of continuous stress and a lot of fangirling resulted in this.

I was forced into writing this because someone told me to. You know who you are.

I'm bored so I'm gonna go play pokemon ruby.

Annyeong :)