Final

Ink My Skin With Your Name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Each of us has someone we're destined to be with. Among billions of people in the world, one is definitely someone we consider a soulmate.

Finding your soulmate isn't that difficult especially since your soulmate's name will appear on your skin when you turn sixteen. It's up to you whether you're going to find them yourself or let fate do its job.

But fate can be playful, and fate has a different plan for Yoonoh.

 

 

Jung Jaehyun is a bright happy kid ever since he was born. He has the face that can lighten up anyone's mood with his crinkling eyes and dimpled smile. He came from a well off family and had lived a comfortable life growing up.

Jaehyun's childhood was very memorable to him for all the memories he had with his parents happened then. Before they passed away, Jaehyun was showered with love and affection by his parents. Sadly when he was thirteen, his parents were caught in a car accident that killed his father immediately. His mother was rushed to the hospital but soon died as well while undergoing an operation. The doctor said her heart just stopped beating even though everything was going well. He believed his parents loved each other so that they couldn't live without the other. He doesn't blame them, and frankly, he's quite happy they are together in the afterlife.

Jaehyun was sent to America and was left in the care of his grandmother. It wasn't easy for the young boy; coming to a new country full of people talking in a different tongue was hard. But after a while he was able to learn the language and adjust in the new life too.

Before he started going back to school, his grandmother had him change his name legally from Jaehyun to Yoonoh as part of him starting over. Nothing changed except his name, Jaehyun– Yoonoh is still the same bright happy kid that he used to be. He's still the same kid who longs to meet his soulmate in the future and experience the love he once witnessed his parents share.

 

 

After years of being away, Yoonoh couldn't believe he's back to his native land. The minute his tattoo appeared on his skin two years ago he knew he needed to come back. It took a lot of persuasion for his grandmother to allow him but even she knew the younger couldn't be stopped. Yoonoh returned to Korea with one goal in his mind, find the person he's fated to be with.

His grandmother allowed him to return with a condition that he continues his studies there, so now here he is standing outside his new dorm room. He held the knob in his hand, taking a deep breath before slowly opening the door.

The room wasn't too small nor too big either. It was just right for two occupants. There were two beds, two desks, two closets, a television and a door that he assumes leads to the bathroom. Since the room is still empty Yoonoh thought his roommate hasn't arrived yet.

He placed his things on one of the beds, the one by the window, claiming it as his. He wouldn't mind if his roommate asks to change beds with him but for now he'll have that one. By the time he finished unpacking the sun was already down. He went out for dinner, came back and prepared for bed.

The next day, Yoonoh left to buy some stuff he'll be needing for class. When he got home, he was welcomed by a shorter lad who doesn't look Korean at all.

"Oh hi, I'm Ten," the guy introduced with a warm smile, offering his hand. "I'm a junior fine arts major and will be your roommate for this term."

"Yoonoh," he replied taking the hand for a shake. "Freshman, literature major."

"Ah Shakespeare... never liked him," Ten said playfully.

Ten was easy to get along with. He's friendly and nice also a bit chatty, he's pretty sure his cousin would like the shorter guy. He would've introduced them if his cousin isn't waiting for his soulmate and Ten hadn't mentioned his boyfriend, but then that doesn't mean he and Johnny can't be friends. Ten also mentioned that he's from Thailand and has been living in Korea for three years. His parents wanted him to study in the US since his soulmate’s name is English but his gut was telling him to come to Korea.

"So the guy you're dating isn't your soulmate?" Yoonoh asked and Ten shakes his head with a smile.

"We both got tired of waiting and thought destiny we can choose whoever we want to be with." Ten explained.

"What happens when one of you meets their soulmate then?" Yoonoh questioned curiously.

Ten shrugged, "I don't know we haven't talked about it yet. But what matters is we love each other and it's his choice if he wants to stay with me or not."

Yoonoh nods his head in reply, no longer pressing on the topic. He doesn't want Ten to feel like he's judging him especially since they just met. He also respects their decision which is quite true anyway, everyone's free to love whoever they want.

"There's a party tonight my friend's hosting it," Ten said breaking the silence. "Since I'm a nice roommate, I'll take you with me. Is that good with you?"

Yoonoh was hesitating at first but then thought it would be a good start to make friends so he smiled at the Thai boy uttering a 'thank you' afterwards.

 

 

The loud blast of music can be heard from outside the house. Yoonoh's not new to parties, being part of the basketball team in his high school gave him access to such events. Yet he still can't help the coiling feeling of anxiety that attacked him as they made their way..

"Relax," Ten whispered as they approached the door. "I swear my friends are nice." Ten opens the door and they were welcomed with loud sound coming from music and the visitors. Some were dancing others were chatting. They even passed by a group doing a keg stand. Just a typical frat party you see in movies and tv.

"Ten!" he heard someone call. He turned his gaze and was met by a guy with wide white smile, he's a bit short but taller than the Thai lad.

"Yuta!" Ten greets back hugging the new guy he assumes is Yuta. "I heard you went back home how was Osaka?"

"Pretty good with the nice weather and all," Yuta answered. "Who's the new guy?"

"This is Yoonoh," Ten introduced as he and Yuta shake hands. "He's my roommate."

"Ah nice to meet you Yoonoh-yah," Yuta said. "Come the others are waiting."

Yuta led them outside, it was chilly and not much people were hanging there. They walked to a group of guys, there were three of them to be exact.

"Yo Ten!" A bunny-like guy greeted as he caught sight of them.

Ten greets his friends before introducing Yoonoh, "Yoonoh these are my friends, Winwin, also a freshman like you–"

"He's mine," he heard Yuta saying from behind.

"–Taeil, Doyoung and Hansol." Ten finishes. "Everyone this is Yoonoh."

The group of friends talked about what happened during their break. Doyoung went to on a trip with his brother, Taeil went to see his grandparents while Hansol interned in his father's company. Yoonoh also found out that Taeil and Hansol are both seniors in their last year while Doyoung and Yuta are in the same year as Ten.

"So where's lover boy?" Doyoung asked Ten who Yoonoh assumed they're talking about the latter's boyfriend.

"He texted me said he's on his way," Ten replied as he took a swig from the bottle Yuta handed him earlier. Yoonoh was about to drink from his too but realized that his has already been emptied.

"I'll get another inside," he said excusing himself quickly.

Yoonoh was on his way back when he accidentally bumped into someone causing his drink to spill on the stranger.

"," he hissed. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to–" Yoonoh was astonished when he saw the other guy's face. He was pretty. The prettiest guy he's ever laid his eyes on. With that light pink hair matched with a pair of doll eyes, cute button nose, soft looking lips and sharply cut jaw. He looked like a character that walked straight out of those comic books Johnny loved to read. "–bump into you."

"All good," the other lad said. "I could just borrow a shirt from Yuta anyway."

Yoonoh's taller than the pink haired guy but he can't help but feel small at the stranger's gaze. "I don't think I've seen you in one of Yuta's parties before. Freshman?"

The younger shyly nods his head. "That explains why, I'm Taeyong by the way."

Yoonoh's world stopped and he stood frozen in place. His heart started beating fast and loud that he can hear its every thump.

Taeyong.

A name Yoonoh is very familiar with. A name he sees everyday when he's in front of the mirror, shirtless. A name he's memorized every letter of for it is engraved on his skin, just below his clavicle.

Taeyong.

This is him. This guy, this beautiful guy standing in front of him, is the person he's destined to be with, his fate, isn’t he?

"You are?" Taeyong asked raising one of his eyebrow. Yoonoh opened his mouth to respond but before he can make a sound he was cut off by someone else's voice calling him.

"Taeyong!" Ten's high pitched voice can be heard despite the loud music. Ten was walking towards their direction when Taeyong turned and greeted the shorter lad with a hug letting his hand rest on Ten's waist.

"Hi babe," he heard Taeyong mutter before giving Ten's cheek a kiss. The Thai lad's face immediately turned red.

"Taeyong this is Yoonoh he's a freshman and my roommate, Yoonoh this is Taeyong, my boyfriend." Ten introduced. "I thought something happened to you so I followed–"

Yoonoh can hear Ten's voice but his words weren't registering in his head. All Yoonoh can think about now is how Ten introduced Taeyong as his boyfriend. The same boyfriend he mentioned who got tired of waiting for his soulmate. But Taeyong doesn't seem fazed when he heard his name. Maybe this is a different Taeyong, maybe he's not the one for Yoonoh, it's possible right?

"Hey, are you okay there?" Taeyong asked him.

"Yeah," Yoonoh replied blinking as he got back to his senses.

"Come on they're probably waiting for us," Ten said as he lead the two back to their friends.

 

 

Yoonoh spent the next day lying on bed touching the place where he knew his mark is.

Taeyong.

How is it possible that Taeyong didn't even flinch at his name yet Yoonoh was totally affected by his? It doesn't make sense at all. Did he not recognize the name? Or was he not acknowledging the fact that he has a soulmate?

His whole life Yoonoh wanted nothing more than to meet his destined one. Call him hopeless romantic but he really wants to feel and experience the true love between soulmates.

He buries his head on his pillow groaning in frustration.

 

 

Days passed by and it's already the start of classes. He spent the last few days distracting himself so he wouldn't think about the possibility of his roommate's boyfriend being his soulmate. It was quite difficult since Taeyong would often stop by their room or Ten constantly mentioning him. But he also needs to do his part, his grandmother wanted him to study so that's what he used as distraction. Buried himself in books and studied in advanced.

Yuta and Doyoung stopped by their dorm the other day and of being such a nerd. He laughed at the remark then went back to reading.

Yoonoh walked out of a building, his first class just ended. He could feel his hunger since he wasn't able to eat breakfast this morning before leaving for class. He woke up late after spending another night thinking about his situation. He checked his watch, it's only 9 am, he still has two hours before his next class. So he started walking to another building where he knew the cafeteria is.

"Yoonoh!" he heard a familiar voice shouted. It was so familiar it made his heart flutter.

He stopped his tracks and turned around only to be face to face with a pink haired guy. "Hyung," he greeted with a smile.

"Have you seen Ten this morning?" he asked. The warm smile on Yoonoh's face slowly disappeared as he was reminded that the other is with someone else.

Yoonoh shakes his head no, "sorry Hyung but I woke up late and he was gone by then."

"It's fine," Taeyong replied. "We were supposed to have breakfast together but he didn't return my calls or answer my texts."

Right after Taeyong explained a soft growling was heard making Yoonoh chuckle. "I'm sorry about that," Taeyong said as he looked away from the younger embarrassed from what happened.

"I was going to the cafeteria actually. I havent eaten too, you can come with if you want," Yoonoh doesn't know what urged him to offer the older. He wasn't even thinking it's like his mouth has its own life. "You can text Ten hyung to meet us there," he added.

"You know what, that's a great idea," Taeyong said flashing him a grateful smile and oh did Yoonoh's heart stop.

Eating with Taeyong was more fun than Yoonoh thought it would be. He learned quite a lot about the elder. They both share a lot of similarities from music taste to their love for food. He found out that Taeyong was street casted when he was in high school which is not surprising because of how good he looks. But according to Taeyong he denied the offer for he never wanted to be in the limelight. He wants to work in the industry yes but he'd rather work behind the scenes and that's why he's now getting a degree in music.

He also found out that Ten and Taeyong met at a dance class just two years ago. "I believe that even though we have different names marked on our skin we're still fated to each other," Tayong said as he took a bite.

Yoonoh didn't know how to respond, luckily Ten has finally arrived.

"I'm so sorry," he apologized. "I got a call from my advisor this morning we had to sort some things with my study plan."

"It's fine," Taeyong told him. "Yoonoh's been keeping me company."

"Still I promised we'd eat together," Ten was pouting and Yoonoh found it cute.

"We can it lunch together if you want."

Ten's expression completely changed and his whole face lit up. "You're staring," he pointed out.

"You guys look good together," the younger replied. The couple both turned red at his comment. "Well I have to get to class now. I'll see you later."

 

 

As Yoonoh got to know Ten and Taeyong better, he realized how real their love for each other is. You would even think that the two of them were destined to be together from the start. He believed fate had some problem and marked Taeyong and Ten wrongly for it's obvious to anyone they're meant to be. He's given up on the thought that Taeyong's the one for him. His Taeyong is probably still out there somewhere.

Yoonoh chose to let fate bring his soulmate to him. For now he would just focus on his studies. He's already waited years for his soulmate he's sure he can wait a bit longer.

Weeks went by fast and Yoonoh can't believe it's already been a month since he started college. He became closer to Ten's friends as well and became part of their circle. He's closest to Winwin since both of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter