Chapter 1

Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

The alarm rang loudly in the bedroom that morning. A hand shot up from the bed to turn it off, and soon a mop of brunet popped out from the blankets. It was silent for a good thirty seconds before the blanket was pulled away and the sleeping figure sat up drowsily. His face was blank, one eye still closed. It took him another ten seconds to properly wake up. His eyes both snapped open in excitement and his thin lips twitched upwards into a cheerful grin.

The brunet; Donghae, took another glance at the clock in his nightstand before deciding that it was time for his morning routine. He stood up and stretched a bit before walking towards the bathroom, softly humming to a random song that popped in his head, smile still present on his lips.

It's a new day.

 

~***~

 

Donghae was probably one of the very few people that loved mornings. True that waking up from the comfortable bed could be a bit of a challenge, but the thought of a brand new day always excites him. After all, there's a reason for his excitement.

As soon as he finished his morning routine Donghae entered the dining room and saw his father already sitting by the table, reading the newspaper silently like always. Donghae hugged him from behind and pecked his cheek affectionately before greeting him with a loud good morning. His father chuckled, lowering his newspaper to look at Donghae as he sat down across him.

“Always so cheerful in the morning,” the middle aged man commented good naturedly.

Donghae grinned. “It's a brand new day!”

“It sure is.” A woman's voice suddenly uttered. His mother showed up from the kitchen, plates of delicious looking food on both of her hands. “And you will need a good breakfast to start the day.” She put down the dishes on the table before turning to face her husband. “Honey, put the newspaper away.”

“Yes dear,” her husband replied obediently, chuckling as he leant in to kiss his wife's cheek.

“This smells amazing! Thanks mom,” Donghae commented, also pecking his mother's cheek as she circled the table.

“Only the best for my favorite men,” his mother smiled.

“Donghwa-hyung will feel really left out if he hears this,” Donghae laughed.

“His fault for choosing to work out of the country. I'm sure he's regretting for not being able to eat the best meal ever every day,” a soft smack on the head made his father flinch a little. “Ouch,” he mumbled flatly.

“Stop teasing your son when he's not even here to hear it.”

“... Yes dear.”

Donghae grinned as he watched his parents’ antics. His father looked sheepish but half joking at the same time. His mother’s frown was soon replaced by a loving smile, her gaze full of affection. But they weren’t only looking at each other’s eyes. Donghae caught them fleetingly staring at the top of each other’s head, and Donghae could only sigh in admiration and slight envy as their eyes twinkle in happiness and their lips widening it’s smile.

The story of flowers blooming on your soulmate’s hair always sounded romantic to Donghae. He loved seeing the adoring looks of couples that he assumed to be soulmates. Because with this kind of thing, it’s almost impossible to not notice them. Although relationships between people who weren’t destined to be soulmates was a common thing, marriage was rare. Sometimes finding a soulmate could take some time, but they will definitely meet in the end. They were destined after all. Some people chose to wait until their soulmate came, as well as there were people who chose to get in to relationships first to erase the loneliness. Being a hopeless romantic, Donghae chose the former despite being quite popular back at school.

Donghae couldn’t see anything, but he bet the flowers blooming between the strands of his parents’ hair must have looked amazingly gorgeous. It should have, to be able to make them smile like that. It was a wonder for him, and Donghae only silently watched as they got lost in a short daze. To be honest, it made Donghae really envious, yet hopeful at the same time. Everytime he saw his parents being like this, he got really excited and wishful, wanting to meet his own soulmate as soon as possible.

Everywhere Donghae went he couldn’t help but stare around a lot, searching for that one person with a flower seedling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter