Final

Call
Please log in to read the full chapter

Somin and Matthew were making their way towards the building’s exit as they decided to meet up with Jiwoo and J Seph at their usual chilling spot near the benches.

 

“So since we have Monday and Tuesday off, I was wondering if the four of us can go visit some places?”

 

“Sure, I don’t see why not. I was just planning on cuddling with Jiwoo throughout the whole break.”

 

Somin and Matthew decided to sit down and wait for J Seph and Jiwoo to pick them up. Their class ended a bit earlier than theirs so it makes sense why they weren’t with them at the moment. Somin casually texted someone as she fixed up some items from her backpack as Matthew tried to distract himself by dribbling his basketball around or spinning it on his finger every now and then.

 

“So… how are things going with you and Jiwoo?” Matthew decided to break the silence. He couldn’t stand the quiet, it made him feel weird, which explained why he was loud and outgoing most of time.

 

“Umm, we’re okay. Why?” Somin put her hand above her eyes to cover the sun as she looked up at Matthew.

 

“No reason, just trying to keep a conversation going. Wanna go wait by the court instead? I’ll get a chance to shoot some hoops.” They ended up moving their location over the basketball court. Somin didn’t mind since there were shadier spots near by.

 

A few minutes later Matthew got too bored shooting hoops by himself so he made his way towards Somin. He took a seat next to her and noticed how busy she was texting someone, and being the nosey person he was, he leaned in a bit and saw that Somin was just texting her father.

 

 “Wow, I wish my dad would text me that much. Ehh nevermind, he’s too annoying. He always gets in my business. The nerve of some people right?” He spun the ball around his index finger.

 

“Yeah.. I guess?” She was confused on why he suddenly was talking about fathers, but he was a weird guy to begin with.

 

The texts got slower to the point where Somin had to call whomever she was trying to get a hold of. No one picked up still. She put her phone down and stole Matthew’s ball, ignoring his whining. She began to dribble the ball, trying to do fancy moves she saw some players do on TV, she failed and Matthew tried his best not to laugh.

 

“How about you stop laughing at me and play with me!” He was going to answer until he saw Somin’s phone ringing.

 

Daddy calling…

 

“Nah, I’m good. Have fun by yourself—“

 

“What... Are you afraid that a girl is going to whoop your ?” She stuck out her tongue as she threw the bal

Please log in to read the full chapter