Chapter 1

Lost in Memories

Her eyes fluttered open slowly as the sunray shines through her room window. She rubbed her eyes slowly to adjust to the light. After that, she rose from the bed and head out to the bathroom to start off her day. She took her time in doing her daily routine knowing that it is still early. After that, she would go down to the kitchen and start to preparing breakfast for her, her mother’s nurse and ofcourse her mother too eventhough her mother can’t chew anything. She is the one who in charged to her mother’s food. From the ingredients till how it prepared. She never let anyone to make the food not because she doesn’t trust anyone, but only because it is her job to take care of her sick mother. After finished, she would call out the nurse and had a breakfast together. They would chit chat a bit. Her talking about the things that she would do that day and for the nurse to report everything about her mother. After the meal, they would go together to her mother’s room because it is the time for her mother to eat.

 

Like a skilled person, she would prepare the tube and the food and then start the process without any help from the nurse. The nurse just stand on the side for a standby. She decided to do all of this because she want to take care of her mother. After she finished, the nurse will clean up everything and she would countinue to clean up her mother. After every routine finished, she would sit beside her mother’s bed and start talking telling what would she do that day or anything interesting that she found the day before.

 

Just like other day, she just finished the routine and right now she’s talking to her mother.

 

“Mom, how are you today? Remember the wish that you said before? The one that you wished to come true? About finding your happiness?” She started while massaging her mother’s hand.

“Someone will come today. She will help you finding that happiness. I am hoping that would help you feel better.” She said while caressing her mother’s cheek softly. She misses her mother so much. She’s really close to her mother. To her, her mother is her everything, name it from a mother, a bestfriend, or a sister, though there is something that her mother didn’t tell her.

 

Her mother often shared her youth stories to her when she was young. She would shared how was her school life or how she was when she was at home spending time with her family. Among of all the stories that her mother told her, there was a one time, when her mother already ill, she shared how she was and her bestfriend back in her school,how they would always spent time together everyday to the extend that a lot of people thought that they were dating. Her mother’s face shone bright when she’s telling the story. It’s seem like she really miss those times. And she still can remembered how her mother said that she has a wish before she’s gone, that she really want to find her happiness again.

 

At that time, she didn’t understand what her mother’s mean. Isn’t she already happy with her life now? Doesn’t she supposed to be content with what she has now? Did she want to be healthy again? Or what and what? She just couldn’t pinpoint what she want. And before she could asked her, her mother was fell into a coma. It took a toll on her. For a moment she doesn’t know what to do. But her friends and families always be there for her. Always to reminded her that she hasn’t lost her mother. That her mother needs her to be strong. For both of them. That’s why she decided to step up and started to learn how to take care of her mother.

 

It’s been five years that her mother fell into a coma. But she never gave up to believe that her mother will wake up again someday. Between those time she spent to take care of her mother and wait for her, she stumbled upon a diary which her mother kept from way back when she was a teenager. Being a curious person itself, she opened one of the pages.

 

There’s a page that written on how her mother felt about a girl which happened to be her bestfriend, when her bestfriend was dating a guy from school. How hurt when her mother saw that but didn’t understand why. She just feel hurt and don’t want to meet her. But still everyday she would still come early to school just to see her friend from a far.

 

There’s a picture attached with that page. A girl that so pretty and elegant. You would think that she is a princess from a far kingdom. Beside that girl look like princess, sit her mother wearing a really beautiful smile. They looked really happy at that time.

 

She is reminiscing her mother’s smile in that picture when suddenly she heard a doorbell on the front door.