#1 New Moon

Half Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He couldn't recognise them anymore. They were pieces to the puzzle now torn and tattered. “Please he’s coming after us. I'm scared. I don't want to die like this.”
“You can’t fear him. He’ll get you-”
“He already got us!” the voice boomed. His breathing echoed through the air. His hands trembled. “He knows.” 
The man looked up, his cheeks sunken, eyes heavy with despair. He reached to his superior placing 4 grey and 4 white envelopes in his hands. “I’m sorry we failed you.”

“Moonbin and Yoojung, the chief is looking for you.”

Yoojung turned to her senior. He sported the same disheveled look as she did. Could he had found out about their run-in with HY Tech? The two rushed to the end of the building. Another officer stood across the hallway with them. Team 1 Kim Baram. They greeted each other, all three slightly taken aback that it was not only them. Their chief welcomed them in noting the apprehension fashioned. He was a man of little words and his little words carried big impacts.

“You will be part of a temporary team consisting of us and SCI with effect from 2 days from now. It'll be about a year long so do expose yourself as much as you can as an active duty cop.”
“Active duty?” Baram questioned.
“I believe all of you were trained to be on field detectives or am I mistaken?” 

“Why a temporary team after they've resigned?”
“Testing out new systems, N. We'll go back to the usual if it fails.”
“And if it succeeds?”
Chief Lee looked straight into his eyes. “Then, I don't know.”

Yoojung and Moonbin left the room while Baram was left still negotiating something with the Chief. Yoojung didn’t know how to feel to be sent back to active duty. It had been 5 years since she’s been properly on the field.

In the office everyone gathered around the round table patiently waiting to hear about the rumored team. Moonbin passed her her cup, “Going back to your Gangnam roots?”She tsked, “What roots? I don’t remember doing anything in my 2 years at Apgujeong thank you very much.”
Their other team members brought up the other selected officer from their bureau. Kim Baram, 33, he was scouted to join the cyber unit after his enlistment because he was from KAIST. He apparently was quite the household name when he entered, “He managed to infiltrate the Shades system, way faster than Yoojung and HYTech. No offence, Jung.” Yoojung raised her hand in assurance. Big expectations of anyone, she felt, would be let down quickly.

"Whose case was this?"

"Team 1 from Seongsu precinct."

Sungjin scoffed. It was almost as though the entire Seo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter