Fluffy 'Big Dog'

Beautiful Mix of White, Brown and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weather was nice, he thought. It seemed like it was somewhat windy out there. The sky was also grey; a hint of the incoming rain that would pour onto the earth anytime soon. And still, he thought it was nice. He loved rain that much. It was cold but it didn’t bother him at all as he was situated at the corner of a warm and cozy pet café – which turned out to be his workplace. It was his break time from his not-so-busy work. Since it was Monday, it meant that there wouldn’t be too many customers coming to the café. Just some regular customers that demanded for their daily doses of coffee for their busy life in the office.

 

With a sigh, he watched in amusement at how the people outside the café started to run down the streets and all in attempt to avoid the slowly pouring rain. It came slow, pouring bit by bit, taking its time with a peaceful pace. And without knowing, it swiftly came down hard; heavy as it hit the earth’s surface; the tiled streets, the roads, the ground – just earth. He let out another set of light sigh, something bothering him for these past few days. However, he didn’t know what it was and it only made him frustrated.

 

Or maybe he knew about it, but he just didn’t want to admit it.

 

Seeing how her friend was being all grumpy and stressed, Siyeon walked to the table and slowly located herself on the seat across from where her friend was slumped on the couch-like-chair. She reached a hand forward, slowly running her fingers through the younger’s soft threads as she caressed it gently.

 

“Jimin… what’s wrong, hm? Is it bothering you again? I thought you said you that you have move on from it. How can you let it bother you again?” she asked quietly, her questions came hitting on the younger male one by one, making him sighing yet again.

 

“I don’t know, Siyeon-ah. I know that it has been a while. I lost my memory when I was like… what… 12 years old? Yes, it took me a whole one year to finally accept that I couldn’t get all of it anymore. One freaking whole year to finally decide that I should just move on and start to create new memories instead of forcing myself to get it back.” He dropped his head onto the table while Siyeon just shook her head, never once her fingers stopped with its movement through Jimin’s hair.

 

“Then why now? You’re 22 years old now. It has been 10 years since it happened. I’m just wondering about that – why?” Jimin kept his gaze out of the glass wall, watching how the drops of water kept on hitting the ground in a rhythm that did a job in soothing his heart and mind.

 

“That’s what I am wondering right now. Why? I can’t help it but to feel like along all those forgotten memories, there’s something important that I need to keep. Something that I should keep in my mind no matter what happens. But then, I don’t know what it is. How I want to get it back?” he asked with a soft groan. Siyeon, in other hand, chuckled softly as she slowly pulled her hand away.

 

“What about you calm down first? I think you should rest your mind. You think too much. You’re forcing yourself too much, I am afraid that it might damage your head even more. I don’t want to take care of a dumb little brother, you know.” She said with a teasing tone. Jimin instantly lifted his head up, looking at the female  with a dramatic sharp gasp.

 

“Yah, Lee Siyeon! You’re older than me for just 12 days, okay? Freaking 12 days!” he whined in a high pitch, earning the attention of an officer that was standing at the counter as he was paying for his drink. Siyeon laughed softly as she dismissed the officer before she turned back to pat on the younger’s head.

 

“Go back home and take a rest. I will take your shift for today so you can go now, okay? Let me remind you once again, don’t force yourself too much.” Jimin stared at his best friend for a moment, fighting the urge to smile at her as he let out a soft scoff.

 

“You just want some extra payment by taking my shift. It’s like working overtime. Am I right?” he asked while he slowly got up from his seat and moved his hands to take off his apron. The latter just snorted in response.

 

“Totally right. You know me too well, Park Jimin.” And with that, they both laughed together while Siyeon ushered him to go and changed his uniform right away. Obviously, he did just that before leaving the café as soon as possible; he really needed a rest.

 

The sky was pouring its tears still when Jimin made his way down the street; the usual path that he took when he headed to his apartment’s building. Luckily, Taemin lent him umbrella so that he could get back home without getting sick. He wanted to get home as fast he can but then, the road was too slippery. He ended up slowing down his pace instead as he sighed softly, his free hand was tucked into the pocket of his jacket – though the cold still didn’t bother him.

 

It was two in the evening, still early, he thought. Somehow, that fact made him feel relief since he didn’t have to worry about the dark alley that he needed to pass through every time he heads to his apartment. There was so many things that could happen in that alley so when he has a night shift to do, he would feel anxious to go back home. Sometimes, he would ask Taemin to accompany him. But sometimes, he needed to go back home alone. Fortunately, nothing happened to him yet.

 

That day, however, turned out to be normal yet interesting for him. As he passed through the said alley, he never thought that for once, he would stop by it. Because as soon as he heard a soft whimper along with a loud yelling, he halted his steps right away and turned his attention towards the dark path.

 

He took a few seconds of adjusting his sight before he could see a glimpse of a tall figure. The said figure was kicking something that he thought was a dog. With a soft gasp coming from him, he quickly made his way into the alley and approached the figure that turned out to be the owner of the meat store nearby.

 

“Oh my god – Mr. Sung! What has happened?” he quickly asked as he reached out his hands to stop the male from hitting the poor creature. It was big though but its situation that made it look so weak. Through the constant hit that he had received, it can only pant softly with its eyes shut off. And from his observation, it was a male.

 

“This ing disgusting little beast is stealing my meats! He should be punished for being a ty thief!” he exclaimed while he tried to move his leg to kick on the dog but Jimin was quick enough to hold him from doing so.

 

“Mr. Sung! Please, stop it! I will pay for the meats if that will make you feel better, okay? Just consider this dog as mine. How much is it?” he asked softly, confident enough even though he knew that the price would cover his whole salary for the month. The older male turned to stare at him for a moment before he let out a soft sigh.

 

“He should be grateful that he has you to defend him. If not, he will be dead by now. Jimin, you’re a good kid so no, you don’t have to pay for it. I will let it slide away if you’re willing to take him back home and take care of him so that he doesn’t have to steal my freaking meats anymore. It such a loss.” He huffed softly. Slowly pulling away from Jimin, he patted his clothes for a moment before he motioned a hand to Jimin.

 

“Come to my store for a moment. You can have a bag of meats. Feed him. He needs it,” he breathed out softly. After a few seconds of lingering his gaze on the young male, he then made his way out from the alley, heading back to his store. Jimin shifted his attention back to the soft-looking creature.

 

Crouching in front of him, Jimin noticed that he was injured; either because of the hitting or he originally already wounded to begin with. He sighed softly. The dog was beautiful – very, very beautiful. If not because of his blood, Jimin admitted that the colour of his fur was so enticing. It was a mix of white, brown and black. But the most prominent one was white. Pretty, he thought. Lying there weakly, he whimpered softly in attempt to attract Jimin’s attention. And he did it.

 

“Urm, can you walk?” he asked the creature quietly, secretly scolding himself in his mind for asking such question when it totally obvious that the dog won’t understand it. However, surprisingly, the dog responded to him by whimpering once again as he slowly lifted himself up onto his four feet with a light pant. Jimin blinked in daze while he watched how the fluffy creature slowly limped his way towards the end of the alley. Shaking his head then, he brought himself back to the reality before he quickly lifted himself up as well, straightening his back for a moment before he followed the dog.

 

“Hey, can you wait for me? You can take your time. I’m going to the store for a while. Wait for me at the front of the entrance, okay? See you later,” he mumbled out quickly once he felt like the dog actually

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter