Of Laundry and Boyfriend things

Of Laundry and Boyfriend things

1eb97672392ae62a9f5993cb0daed1bb.gif

 

After you and Jungkook moved in together, you noticed the change in the littlest things. His subtle scent on your clothes. The curtains that he never forgot to pull closed at night unlike you. Having breakfast together every single day. The way you bid goodbye with saying See you at homeand that the old white walled apartment really felt homier with his arms around you while cuddling on the worn couch during Saturday movie nights.

Of course, two years into your relationship you have already slept in one bed, had toothbrushes at each other’s’ places, shared clothes (well, more often than not, you liked to steal his shirts and sweaters just to bathe in his scent) so it didn’t seemed such a big change when you decided to take your relationship to the next level. It seemed natural and logical at the same time when your flatmate didn’t want to renew the leasing contract with you and Jungkook got that video game designer internship really close to your place. With you working full-time and him finishing his last semester at university while doing his internship you could only met up late at night and at the weekends, so it was rather nice to find him there when you arrived home.

It has only been a week since he moved out of the dorm he used to share with a few other guys and settled down in your little, cozy apartment. Now, the living room already has random sketches of game characters, two consoles and the scented candles he adores so much. The light touches of lavender still linger in the air as you kick off your heels at the door after a long day of running around at your workplace. You have never thought that starting off as a marketing assistant would require you not only to be excellent at market analysis but to be in such a good shape.

“I’m home and I bought some Chinese takeout,” you shout into the void and put down the boxes on the kitchen counter. The flat seems uncharacteristically quiet, so you think maybe Jungkook is out with his university friends. You are quite fond of the bunch that practically brought you two together since they endlessly teased Jungkook until he gathered the courage to ask you out. From then, despite the occasionally up and downs it was quite a smooth ride since you two just clicked somehow, understanding each other on a level nobody did before.

After taking a quick cold shower to soothe your tired muscles and slipping into your casual PJs (a big plain shirt you “borrowed” from Jungkook and cotton shorts), you are about to do the laundry as always. You are a person of habits who likes regularity in life, so for you, Friday is laundry day.

However, you find the basket in the bathroom empty which takes you by surprise. Furrowing your eyebrows, you look around in the apartment once again, searching for the solution to this mystery. Having no better idea, you step into the room that was once your flatmate’s but you transformed into a study room when Jungkook came into the picture. And you find him there, buckling over the table, drawing something on a digital table with a headphone covering his ears. An artist in action, you smile fondly.

For a total of 60 seconds, you just stand there, leaning to the doorframe and stare at him. His wide shoulders hugged by another white shirt of many, his messy black hair falling onto his forehead, the concentrated frown on his face and the veins popping out on his right arm as he draws parallel lines on something that looks like a knight’s uniform. You like to watch him when he isn’t aware and to bath in the sight of lean muscles and his adorable, dazzling smiles. Those genuine ones he can’t even hide might be one of your favourite things about him aside from his deep, loving gaze, gentle touches and warm heart.

You take easy steps closer to him and brush your palm along his back softly, trying not to scare him with your sudden appearance. Though, your boyfriend only stirs a little and pushes the headphone off to his neck to turn to you with a greeting, soft smile. “Hey.”

“Hi babe.” you leave a little peck on his forehead as you let him draw you closer.  “Where’s the laundry?” you ask him curiously, looking down at his through your lashes as your fingers don’t stop drawing non-figurative patterns onto his skin at the back of his head.

“I had only two classes today so I did it,“ your boyfriend shrugs, resting his hands on your waist lightly as he looks up to you with star-filled eyes.

"Mine too?” you croak an eyebrow in surprise, not sure if you heard it right.

Only one week into living together, you haven’t discussed household chores yet and it’s been quite a while since somebody else washed your clothes for you. So no matter that you knew about Jungkook’s obsession with hygiene and cleaning things, you didn’t expect this.

“Well yeah… I thought it’s the reasonable thing to do. Why would both of us do the work?” he explains nonchalantly but a moment later, uncertainness creeps onto his lovely features and he bites down on his lower lip, looking away. “I just wasn’t sure which program do you use for your… uhm… lacy things. So I used delicate.”

You try hard (and probably fail) to suppress a smile and maintain a serious but interested tone.

“My lacy things?”

At your pretend obliviousness, you swear you can see a blush creeping up on Jungkook’s neck, painting his ears rosy red. You find his sudden shyness endearing and extremely cute

“Yeah, you know,” he shrugs again, being vague, gaze still not meeting your eyes and you can easily tell how embarrassed talking about it makes him. He was never a big talker, especially about intimate things like this. It makes it so hard to believe that this is the same Jungkook that likes to have his way in bed, can make your legs feel like jelly even only with the he’s into.

“I know but… Jungkook, you literally pulled them off of me with your teeth a week ago and you can’t even call them their names out loud?“ you giggle, reminding him of your special moving in celebration a.k.a the Try Out The Brand New Double Bed mission.

“Fine, if you tease me, I won’t do your laundry ever again then,” Jungkook pouts and you quickly shake your head.

“No-no, I wasn’t teasing you. You can most definitely wash my bras and anytime you want,” you say still giggling but you keep snuggling closer, so close that Jungkook decides just to pull you into his lap, resting his chin on your shoulders. You nuzzle your nose into his hair behind his ears.

“So boyfriend material,” you mumble, hoping that he would at least take this as a compliment. And he does, you can feel his smile forming on your skin as he blows hot hair on it, sending chills through you.

“Just for you,” he mutters tenderly and envelopes you further in his strong arms, planting butterfly kisses anywhere he can reach under your jaw.

“Aww. I love you so much,” you sigh, beaming at him as you pull away a bit, so you can look him in the eye. His huge grin forms wrinkles around his eyes and he kisses you shortly on the lips.

“I love you, too,” he replies in a heartbeat. But the idyllic, romantic moment fades when he cheekily asks: “Did you say something about Chinese food?”

“Oh so you heard me!” you punch him lightly on the arms and he laughs it off.

Okay, maybe you could add his laugh to that endless list of your favourite things about him. Or you could just make it easy for yourself and write the full package at the top of the points. Because he is definitely the best thing you ever had the privilege to call yours.