i.

long;
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt;

Main; AU where people age until they reach 18 and then stop aging until they meet their soulmate so they can grow old together.

Additional details; Imagine platonically moving in with your best friend at 18 and then realizing a few years later that you've been aging together. (Changed the time when they moved in together)

Ship; Min Yoongi×Park Jimin×Jung Hoseok;

♡♡♡

 

Yoongi was a very private and secretive person ever since his childhood. He never told his friends where he hid his toys, when and where he was going to play tomorrow, nor anything about his hidden base - no one knew a single thing, not even his parents! He quickly got that 'cool kid' name by his peers since everyone's bases where either made by their parents or the adults knew about their whereabouts, but Yoongi's base? No one knew what it was and where it was - it was like a legend, a rumor, a story made up just to make him look cooler and get that respect on the playground.

But some believed in it's existence for one reason - Yoongi wasn't actually the only person that could go to his base; there were two more kids - Jimin and Hoseok, his trusty friends he never left home without. The reason why the base's existence was convincing was that you could ask about different stuff any of the three members about what is going on in the base and they always seemed to tell the same stories; there where no plot holes, the events always overlapped and the details where the same, no matter when, where or who was asked. They were just kids - they couldn't make up such detailed stories in such a short amount of time and actually make it sound believable!

And so, everyone wanted to join and get inside the base (which was apparently stacked with blankets, pillows, had dry, clean floors and walls, multiple toys, portable video games consoles, food and drinks - it's like heaven!) but that meant gaining Yoongi's trust; doing the impossible. In the end, no one else besides his two closest friends was allowed inside his little childhood palace, his own kingdom, the playground he ruled.

So, where was it? It's pretty simple - a medium sized fort in his grandma's garden, just between the enormous bushes and the fence. The floor was a bunch of floorboards glued together by his dad (how Yoongi got him to made them without telling him the purpose of them? That's for another story) and the walls were bade by the same planks used for the fence but with flat tips and more of them nailed at the top, creating a ceiling. The bushes grew perfectly around the wooden structure, hiding it from the outside world. 

To get inside, one had to go through a specific path between all the branches and then use a special key to unlock the door - the little boy actually had a toy padlock and bought two more, so his friends also had their own keys. You can't just waltz in to his safe space without his approval, but if you were a welcomed member, you could practically live in here. Three futons (which he had gotten from his relatives that live in Japan) laid next to each other, an old (but clean) cupboard in one corner of the base filled with some snacks, drinks and food that doesn't need to be kept in fridges, a little table in the middle where plates, toys and consoles where peacefully resting. It was like a little home, really - they even made a little window on the right wall where the sun usually slipped through the bushes and battery powered lamps for when the sun was already setting. At one point in time the three boys semi-lived in the base - they told their parents' that they're going to 'sleep over at x's' pack all the necessary items they needed for around five days (they even made a little bathroom-like space by pushing away some branches in the bushes where they kept buckets full of water to wash themselves) and spent over a half month hiding (with few days of breaks in-between to come back to their real homes).

Yoongi wanted to spend his whole life in his own, little house, away from the cruel reality, responsibilities, expectations and his parents (which, to say the least, where pretty abusive). His base meant the world to him - just like Jimin and Hoseok, so that's why he always kept them close, already knowing at the age of six that the two will probably leave him in the future for the sake of education (he had private lessons and his parents even made sure that he'll be able to study at university - but inside his house). He wanted to spend as much time with them as he could, so he decided to live with them, and it worked - for the first few years until they grew too big to actually all fit inside and sleep in here, which is, until they all were over 10 years old. But obviously it didn't stop them form spending time together - they ended up spending majority of their days on the playground that had a little wooden train where they always hung out.

Everything was just as Yoongi planned - they would all be together until Hoseok - the one in the middle - didn't had to leave for college, leaving Jimin with Yoongi for a one more year, and then the youngest also leaving for four years to study in another, bigger city. They kept in touch through social media and messaging apps, meeting with each other in person when they had some bigger breaks form studying, so their relationship wasn't really affected. They went on like that until Jimin became 25 years old and everyone was free from their colleges - that's when Yoongi decided to propose something he wanted to ask years, and years ago. He opened their group chat, tapped the green dial button and waited for both of his friends to pick up the call. He didn't turn on the camera, he was too anxious to do so. When he heard two voices asking in almost perfect unison 'What's up, hyung?' he took a deep breath and voiced his long awaited wish; you can even call it a dream, honestly.

'How about we move in together?'

 

♡♡♡

 

It was a warm evening, the sun was starting to set down and create a beautiful orange and red hue in the sky with only few clouds decorating the view and a symphony of various birds being the only sound in the entire neighbourhood. Majority of the people that were once kids already left the little village years ago to continue their studies and start new lives with their beloved ones. The old couples were sitting in their gardens in calm silence filled with their love towards each other. You could see that majority of the parents (or now even grandparents) were soulmates, unlike the current generation that doesn't pay too much attention to that and just stays with whoever they want to and love. Sometimes Yoongi wondered if he'll find his own soulmate to get old together with.

Yoongi's grandparents passed away when he was 20 and left their house for him to live in, which he gladly accepted when he sensed the occasion to move away from his parents. It was a pretty big house, since his mother had five other siblings and his family was always rather wealthy. Four bedrooms - three bigger ones with a set of two beds and basic furniture and one smaller, with a king sized bed and a big wardrobe inside. The house was two-storied which meant two separate bathrooms on each floor, a simple corridor on the higher floor where the doors to kids' bedrooms were and a big hall that led to the living room on the right with an entrance to the main part of the garden and a kitchen right ahead from the front door. The inside of the house was rather simple, no expensive furniture nor decorations, simple designs (his grandparents always followed current trends so the house looked really modern) and light colours. It was a very cozy place - one where Yoongi found himself spending more and more time in as his friends were studying in other parts of the country. He knew the house's layout by heart and could easily navigate through while being blindfolded in the middle of the night (not the best scenario to ever be in). It was almost like his secret base from childhood - and the funny thing is that his little house was still completely secret and no one found it, yet. He kept his secrets from everyone ever since he was a child, and he's still doing it; he doesn't trust people, he doesn't want them to know him.

Abusive parents, lack of social skills, being an outsider; all these things could led to him opening way too much to someone and then watching that person using his fragile heart for their own benefits. It already happened once or twice when he was a kid and he doesn't plan on giving any more chances to anyone. Good thing he can work while being at home - technology makes his life million times easier ever since he realized he can have all the meetings through a skype video conversation and he won't need to spend time with other co-workers that could risk him saying too much than needed. A simple text to this and that person and he's done - they'll do what they need to do and Yoongi will keep the business going. There were few times when he had to go outside to meet some guy from overseas since apparently translating through a skype conversation might end up in mishearing some key information. People definitely have to work on a better internet connection, Yoongi always said to himself. And he repeated the exact same words while walking down the stairs from his working office and outside of his house, a laptop under his arm which he later then placed nonchalantly on a bench in the garden.

He looked around and sighed deeply. It was a rather tiring conversation and his lack of communicating with other human beings skills didn't make it easier, at all. He fished his phone out of the pocket on his loose jersey pants. The screen lit up after he tapped it twice and a number in a huge font stared back at him, almost yelling in his face 'it's already 5:48 PM, your friends are going to be here in around ten minutes and instead of preparing the house to greet them you decided to stand in the garden for no apparent reason like a ' 

What a fruitful conversation.

He stored his phone back into the pocket and turned around to the green bushes. He didn't even thought about it, but his legs started moving on their own will towards the little gap between the branches. He squatted and started crawling trough the already made years ago path that led to his old base. He took the key he always had hung around his neck and opened the now made of steel padlock, the old wooden door squeaked and he entered his own childhood house.

He always came in here from time to time to make sure it's clean and taken care of, he changed the small futons with multiple blankets and a pile of pillows, there was no sign of the small table and a drawer that always kept inside different snack and drinks. Instead, he had a little shelf glued on one of the walls where he often placed his tablet to watch some videos, tv series or movies. He always hid here when the weight of reality was too much to bear with and he needed to run away form the mental pain. It always brought him good old memories form when he was a kid and it always helped him fight with his anxiety. He would often just lay on the soft pile and then fall asleep, then waking up to see a blasting sun creeping through the leafs and the window, telling him that he slept here for the whole night and missed probably countless number of important calls. Not that he really cared for that, but there was always that sting of panic when the realization hit him.

But now he didn't had to do anything. He finished his job for today. It meant that he could peacefully rest for the rest of the day, so he crawled under the blankets and closed the door behind him. The moment he drowned his face in the soft pillows, he brought his knees closer to his chest to fit in - he wasn't the tallest man in the universe, but the base was made for much shorter people. And with the last deep breath he fell asleep.

 

♡♡♡

 

"Yoongi~! We're here~!" Jimin screamed with a sickly sweet voice, jumping out of Hoseok's car and in front of the gate. He quickly put in the right password Yoongi had sent them through a text message and opened the path to the house. Seeing as the man in glasses haven't showed up yet, the youngest went back to the car and started taking his luggage out from the trunk. He threw the bags over his shoulders and ran forward toward's his new home, screaming a little 'C'mon, Hoseok-hyungie! I want to see Yoo-Yoo!'. Yeah, the eldest would definitely choke him to death if he heard all the nicknames the ginger made for him.

The peach haired man laughed and gave his beloved by everyone heart-smile and quickly took his own bags after which he followed his younger friend. The doors to the house were opened so the tho males entered without hesitation. They both placed their bags right next to the entrance and Hoseok started calling for Yoongi.

"Hey, hyung! This is not how you should welcome your new housemates!" As he was saying so, Jimin already sprung up the stairs and started searching for their friend, he decided to do the same on the lower floor.

After few minutes of searching (to no avail) they met again in front of the main doors. 

"Where is he? Didn't he say he'll be in the house the whole day?" The peach haired pondered furrowing his brows and scratching his head. Jimin pouted in deep thought and after a moment he grabbed the other by the wrist and started running out of the house "Where are we going?"

"I think I might know where he hid!" He cheered hopefully. Hid? That's a rather specifi- oh, thought Hoseok to himself as the two friends stopped in front of the bushes in the garden. They spotted a laptop resting on a bench nearby. Bingo. They both smiled and kneeled down in front of the small gap between the branches. The younger went in first, glad that he had his joggings on instead of some better pair of pants. But even the loose material hanging from his body didn't stop the man behind him form playfully groping his which earned him a firm slap on the hand. Huffing, the ginger kept following the old path, eventually reaching the little, wooden house.

They saw a new padlock laying on the ground, visibly opened with someone inside their old base, and there was only one person who could be inside. They slowly opened the door to reveal a man in black hair snuggled in the blankets, his breathing slow and rhythmic, telling them that the man is asleep. They both looked at each other and then back at their friend with lovingly eyes and sighed deeply.

"He looks so peaceful and adorable when he sleeps..." Said Hoseok, the other giving him a soft hum in response "It would be so cruel waking him up right now..." There was a pause. The two exchanged looks again, but this times their eyes sparkled with mischief and they both snorted. 

"Three... Two... One..." And just as Jimin screamed 'Go!' the two of them jumped at Yoongi, almost destroying the entrance in doing so. The man underneath them yelped in pain and surprise and they started tickling and snuggling him.

"JESUS FU-- GET OFF OF ME, YOU LIL' S!" And even with the threats coming from his mouth, the two rascals kept attacking him. After a while, though, they both stopped and decided on simply hugging their friend from both sides.

"Hello, hyung~! How was your nap~?" The smallest of them all sung in that fake, caring voice to which the older only grunted. The duo started giggling and pinching Yoongi's cheeks since they knew they already out all of his energy out of him giving them an upper hand and a chance to bother their beloved hyung more. Their victim only could sigh deeply and reply in a groggy voice.

"It was good until you two idiots decided to murder me in my sleep. Thanks for that" Too tired to get up, the black haired fixed himself and dug in deeper into his pillows, relaxing in the two pairs of arms holding him close but not tightly against the warm bodies of his friends. They often did that - Yoongi would lay in the middle with Hoseok and Jimin at his sides, the two younger boys cuddling either into the crook of his neck or sometimes resting their heads on his chest. The eldest is not a kind of person to come up to people and hug them or anything, really, it's only with his dear friends; they knew Yoongi didn't really get any kind of affection from his parents and he doesn't have any siblings so Chim and Hobi always made sure to show as much love and appreciation to their hyung whenever they can but also not to overwhelm him. The last thing they want is to make their friend uncomfortable.

Yoongi would love to stay like that for a little longer, maybe even go back to sleep, but that's impossible. Given that the younger two are always in need of moving and yelling they can't just lay down during the day for more than 5 minutes, and so, after a short, nice cuddling session, Yoongi felt the two bodies getting up and hands grabbing him by his arms and soon he's being literally dragged out of the little house. Jimin wraps his arms around the black haired's waist and starts backing out, following the path made years ago. Meanwhile, Hoseok picked up the key that was laying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter