Final

Two Cats

The sun is up and bright, which only means it's a new day for Jinwoo at work. He groans and stirs in his sleep, that barely lasted for five hours because he was busy celebrating his birthday on his day off yesterday with his best friends, who he now only knew they were the perfect discription of little devils for letting him drink too much on his special day. He wasn't complaining though. 

He kicks off the sheets, then goes to take a shower pretty much knowing that he's only going to sleep for more twenty minutes. Yes, he does that often. 

Kim Jinwoo. The Twenty Two year old boy started working his dream job which is owning a cat shop as soon as he graduated. Most students in his high school knew how much he loved cats from all the cat-related stuff he owned; from outfits, to notebooks, to bringing his own cat with him even though he always got caught and went to detention, but did that stop his cat enthusias? you wish. Some mocked him, some were irritated because they're allergic to cats and he wasn't really much of a help, but some found it really adorable how soft he is for them. He didn't really care what other thought of him, because he knew how he rocked every cat outfit of his with his cute looks. Oh yes forgot to mention how modest he is. 

 

"You're late, ." 

Jinwoo rolled his eyes at his work mate who happens to be his annoying cat friend too, If such friends even exist. 

"Traffic exist, you know." He declares before closing the shop's door and ignoring the protests of how his friend knows he always uses this excuse whenever he comes late. 

Jaewon has been working with Jinwoo for about five months now. Almost after one month of Jinwoo desperately trying to find anyone to help him with his new small cat shop. He got so many people working with him but his judging self had to let them go because he didn't see the 'cat soul' in them, if that thing also even exists. 

It wasn't until Jaewon came after seeing the sign of wanting at least Two persons to work on the shop still hanging. He got weirded out by Jinwoo's attitude of checking how good he is with cats at first, but got used to it after a short, okay after a very long time. They became good friends when they discovered how they both have an interest in music, so after closing the shop they would crash at each other's places and do a karoake party or just compose their own melodies. It was their second comfort zone after all. Jinwoo has always admired how good Jaewon is at rapping and Jaewon has always loved Jinwoo's unique soothing voice that melted hearts including his. They both promised they would do a song together one day that tops every artist out there. 


"So how is work today!" Jinwoo asks his friend enthusiastically while smiling at every cat in the shop and petting them adoringly. His smile wavers and turns nto a frown after seeing a sulking big furry cat hiding behind the bars of its small house. He kneels down silently and carefully extends his hand between the bars only to be greeted with a flinching cat. He tries again, slightly pouting at the fact of a cat not liking him, the God of all cats. 

"Hyung, give up already," a groan cuts his thoughts. "I've been trying to play with her all day since she arrived but miss grumpy is just not having it." Jaewon huffs and sticks his tongue out in the cat's direction before hurrying to meet the new customer. 

So first thing jinwoo gets is that she's a female, and the second thing he gets is that she's not going out of here until she becomes adapted and comfortable, and of course he's gonna try every method til she likes him back. 

"How did the cat come over here?" He asks after casually grabbing his friend's chips bag, ignoring all the little whines coming out of his mouth. 

Jaewon starts explaining after throwing some playful insults at his food stealer. "A couple brought it here, because the girlfriend is afraid of cats or something, but her boyfriend bought it for her birthday as a hope of her liking them but they were about to break up because of it, can you believe it?" Jaewon laughs and Jinwoo rolls his eyes at the idea. 

"How can anyone hate cats? These small angelic creatures deserve better." He complains as he goes to put some food in front of some cats that were about to finish theirs. 

"Well I guess they're not all Kim Jinwoo," Jaewon chuckles before getting silent all of a sudden. 

Jinwoo notices the silence and turns to his friend who was nervously playing with his fingers and softly stomping his feet on the floor. 

"God, you look like a Five year old kid not knowing how to tell his mom that he broke her expensive vase, spill it already." 

A smile creeps on Jaewons face at how well his friend knows him before speaking, "Well, you know that girl I told you about before?" 

Jinwoo tries to remember, because Jaewon has dated so many people already so it's not really helping. "Oh, Benny?" He looks at his friend who seemed nothing but irritated at his friend's memory. "Its Jennie." 

"I don't care. So what about Benny?" 

"God, you're annoying. Anyway we've been taking things seriously later and I kind of promised her to make our first date the best day of her life," Jaewon breathes, not being able to keep the smug smile off his face. 

"So?" Jinwoo asks knowing pretty well what's happening next.

"So, I just wanted to take this day off but I promise I will-" 

"Zip it loser, you can go. But I have the picking choice in our next movie night!" Jinwoo tries but fails to keep his smile at his friend's beaming eyes as he rushes to grab him into a tight hug. "Thank you hyung, you're an angel!" 

"Whatever, I know."   

"Hmm, so we're all alone today." Jinwoo throws a look at the cats who some of them were sleeping peacefully, some eating, and others just staring at whatever they were staring at. 

It's not untill one hour later when the last customer leaves that Jinwoo feels like opening for another hour because the customers seemed to be increasing day after day. He pulls out his phone and puts his earphone already thinking no one will come for a while. He puts his favourite songs on shuffle and on full volume not realising himself dancing and singing along. 


Jinwoo, feeling like he's having the time of his life bends down to the new honey eyed cat and start dancing and swaying with her to the beats. It wasn't until he did a last turn til he bumped into a broad chest vibrating from laughter. 

Well . 

Jinwoo immediately takes off his earphones and puts the groaning cat back inside. Now if there's something that makes you invisible for a decade, Jinwoo would buy it without hesitating. 

Nevermind maybe for a week now. Jinwoo slowly raises his head embarrassingly only to be met with amused raised eyebrows looking at him. 

And it's no other than his long time neighbour, song mino. 

Oh and crush. 

"For such a cute cat lover like you, it's really surprising that you listen to this kind of music. Like really Jinwoo, bermuda triangle?" Mino laughs softly and Jinwoo doesn't know if he's more embarrassed of being called cute or the fact that his music was really loud. 

Or the fact that he's completely swooned by Mino's dazzling smile, and great smell because he's now dangerously close to the said man.

"L-Listen, I was just trying to amuse the cats." it Jinwoo, get your together! 

"Uuh so anyway, what brought you here? last thing we talked about was you not liking cats and hating the sight of them?" Jinwoo fixes his shirt while trying to not sound annoyed at the fact of Mino, out of everyone, hating cats. 

Mino follows Jinwoo to the counter and gets himself comfortable at one of the seats there, still smiling. "Yeah and I guess that what makes it the "last thing", like Jinwoo you haven't talked to me since then, do you not like me now?" He half teases and half talks seriously because Mino knew how much Jinwoo gets offended when someone talks about cats like this. 

"How would someone not like you," 

"What?" Mino raises his eyebrows suggestively and Jinwoo immediately panics at the realization of him speaking his thoughts out. 

"What? Uh I meant how would someone not like a person for not liking cats haha, you want tea? Yes tea coming right now then we can have a little talk." 

Jinwoo rushes to the little hall trying to wipe his blushing cheeks off as much as he can, still hearing Mino's little chuckles through the closed door. 

Mino and Jinwoo have been neighbours and kind of awkward friends since two years. Jinwoo would always randomly see Mino jogging when he leaves for college and they just greet each other with smiles and hellos and that's it. It wasn't untill Mino decided to make a move and remove the awkwardness, so he suggested showing the newly moved Jinwoo around, which was pretty much the start of a great, more awkward friendship. 

What made this awkward was how Jinwoo started to develop some teenage feelings for Mino. He really liked how he treated him nicely and always greeted him with the sweetest smile, or how he was always the one suggesting them to hang out together to get more close. He definitely did not know how to cope with him always being greeted with a shirtless mino everytime he decides to crash at his place. So he decided to stay awkward for the best of it. 

Like mentioned before, Jinwoo gets the biggest disappointment of his life when he discovers Mino doesn't like cats. Like what? My own crush doesnt like my favourite thing in the world? Ridiculous. 


He decides he's going to change his mind but then he gets himself busy into work and in the little music project he wants to do with his friend, Jaewon. However, never forgetting the idea.

He walks out with two cup of tea to be greeted by a sight that makes him want to drop the tea on himself right now. 

Mino playing with a cat. Song mino the ultimate cat anti, playing with a cat.

"Who are you and what did you do to cathatermino95?" He amusingly asks as he puts the tray on the table before going to where mino was. 

Mino laughs and turns around with the cat still on his arms. "Don't get me wrong, this cat just really caught my attention, it's really cute." 

Mino definitely did not miss the beaming eyes of Jinwoo after hearing him calling a cat cute. Adorable, he thinks. 

 

"Oh! It just arrived today, but she's really just angry with everyone i don't know why," 

 

 

"Really? She seems fine to me though," Mino mumbles while gently caressing the cat's fur, immediately making her start purring at him. 

"Woah, she actually like you, now that's weird." And lovely, very very lovely. Jinwoo shakes his head at his embarrassing thoughts but still smiles shamelessly at the sight in front of him. 

"Its not my problem you got no charms like me, this cat definitely got swooned by my looks," Jinwoo rolls his eyes, half agreeing to the last statement made by his friend. 

"Oh stop it, she's just really picky, and got no taste too." He pouts and goes to put the closed sign so they could talk freely now, it's late anyways. 

"Anyway, you didn't tell me what got you in here?" They both now sit comfortably with mino still having the cat on his lap. 

"Oh, I just wanted to take a look at the cats because I want to buy one. And I wanted to see you." Mino shrugs while smiling at the sound of the cat's little snores after successfully getting her to sleep. 

He wanted to see me, . 

"Girlfriend?" Jinwoo asks while sipping his tea and trying hard not to sound annoyed at the fact of Mino having a girlfriend. 

Mino frowns, not missing the weird looks Jinwoo gave him. 

Oh, he thinks.

"Oh, not exactly but there's someone who really loves cats and I'm trying hard to impress that person so, i thought of getting a cat because his birthday was yesterday." He ends it with a sheepish smile, almost as if he's imagining how his lover would look like after seeing the gift. 

Jinwoo snorts internally at the sight of Mino daydreaming. "my birthday was yesterday too you er," 

"Excuse me?" 

Jinwoo wished he could just slap his mouth right now. 

"Fantastic! Your boyfriend would really b-be so happy, wow absolutely amazing," 

Mino tries hard to hold his laugh. Oh this is so amusing. 

"I'm glad you think so, but would you recommend me your favourite cat out of them all?" He beams excitingly and Jinwoo frowns at the fact that he wants his help that much, he must of really like his boyfriend. He unknowingly sighs and nods slowly as he walks to a little house of a furless cat who purrs as soon as it sees Jinwoo. 

Jinwoo smiles softly as he carries it and kisses his ear. "This is bei, he's definitely a sunshines who likes everyone who treats him with love! He really is my favourite and always puts me in a great mood," For a moment, mino stops to admire how Jinwoo's face lighten up whenever he talks about cats. He adores how he smiles brightly at the slight mention of them, and how he adorably never stops talking about them everytime he opens his mouth. He notices how prettier his eyes get when he laughs and how soft his messy black hair looks. He has never really seen someone as beautiful as Jinwoo, and he still gets his heart swayed like the very first time he saw him. 

"So?" 

"H-huh?" Mino realises he's been staring way too long that he probably looks like and idiot right now. 

"The cat. Do you like the cat?" Oh the cat. The gift.  His boyfriend. 

"Yes! You love it so much so this is just perfect." Mino sounds very satisfied right now that Jinwoo finds it strange how mino is that happy just for him liking a cat. Isn't he supposed to be the one picking a cat for his one? Weird. 

"Good, I hope he likes it, uh," Jinwoo fails at hiding his slight anger at whoever is the lucky one who's getting both his favourite cat and his ex crush probably. 

"Perfect! Thank you Jinwoo." Mino pulls him into at quick hug but it felt like hours for both of them. Jinwoo closed his eyes to feel Mino's warmth and Mino felt dizzy by the strawberry scent of Jinwoo's hair. 

"Don't mention it, you're a good friend after all and I'm sure you'll get a good reaction of your boyfriend." He stops for a moment of silence before turning his attention back to mino. "What's his name by the way? I never asked." 

Mino stops for a minute before getting his smile back on his face. "Its Minwoo."

Why Minwoo when you got Jinwoo right here you heartbreaker. 

Jinwoo fakes a smile and tries to change the topic as much as he can before he starts throwing hands. 

"Now you just have to sign some papers, and the cat is all yours." He smiles at mino as he sees him putting the honey eyed cat back to its box and kissing her goodbye.

"You really seem to like her, huh?' He teases and Mino nods quickly making Jinwoo slightly surprised. 

"I'm even surprised at myself that I'm thinking of adopting it later, I hope no one takes it til then." Wow, Jinwoo thinks and hopes that no one really takes the cat til mino comes and gets it. 

Mino signs the papers and Jinwoo handles him Bei carefully. 

"Okay, I think I need to go now, I'll make sure to keep you updated with the reaction I get!" Mino says as he gives Jinwoo another quick hug then heading to the door. He surely loves hugs today.

Like I would want to know his reaction. Jinwoo thinks before sighing and goes with Mino to the door. 

"Sure thing! Tell Minsoo I say hi." 

Mino chuckles before finally leaving, "it's Minwoo." 

"Like I care." 

 

 


 
It's a new day at the shop. Jinwoo is sitting silently still thinking about his meeting with Mino yesterday. Thinking about whether his so called Minwoo liked the cat or not, not that he cares but he knows how happy Mino would be if he did like his gift. 

He sighs when he sees Jaewon arrive and greets him with a half smile. "Hey there loser, how was the date?" 

"Amazing! Even though I probably talked about you all day than about the actual date, only good things though!" Jaewon laughed as he made himself comfortable in his working outfit and slipped next to Jinwoo who answered him with a simple 'glad you had fun.' Like he wasn't even listening,which is partly right. 

"Now hold up, what has gotten into you? You seem off." Jaewons concerned voice snaps Jinwoo out of his thoughts and he looks at him with a smile before realising how much his friend knows him after Jaewon gives him the Look. 

"Okay fine, I met Mino yesterday when you left." Jinwoo says and Jaewon raises his eyebrows playfully at that. 

"Isn't that your crush? Why are you so sad about it?" Jinwoo rolls his eyes and goes to one of the customers who seemed to be liking the place too much. "Can I help you?" He smiles politely and the customer beams as she goes to a certain cat house and Jinwoo wishes it is not what he thinks it is. 

"I'm actually thinking of getting this cat, it's so adorable and also it definitely is my type." Jinwoo tries to hold his sigh as he sees that it's no other than Mino's favourite cat. 

Before he even thinks about it Jinwoo smiles and looks back to the customer. "I'm really sorry, but the cat is reserved by one customer who came right before you." He doesn't miss the disappointment in the girl's eyes before she thanks him and leaves the shop. 

He sighs and goes back to where Jaewon is, trying his best to get away from his friends suspicious looks. 

"What?" He looks at him knowing he's not really getting away with this. 

"You and I know that there's not such thing called a customer reserved this cat before you," Jinwoo snorts at his friend mocking his voice and gives up. 

"Fine, I'm thinking of getting this cat for Mino." He admits and Jaewon widens his eyes. 

"Are you guys dating now?!" Jinwoo punches his friend's shoulder lightly and starts looking around him to check if anyone's looking. 

"No, you . He just seems to really like it and I want to buy it for him as a gift, friends do that you know." 

Jaewon rolls his eyes and looks at his friend who seemed really spaced out.

"Spill it." 

Jinwoo tells Jaewon the entire story and doesn't miss the sad look that got into his friend. 

"Now that's not the makeout session i expected." He said earning himself another punch, not light this time. 


"Easy for you to say, you probably got that makeout session yesterday." He laughs jokingly seeing his friends priceless smile as he nodded immediately.  

"Mind if I join this friendly convo." 

 

The two friends look up and Jinwoo gasps at the sight of Mino smiling with Bei on his arms. 

"Okay, um im gonna go get me something to drink real quick." Jaewon rushes to the hall and Jinwoo curses his friend internally for leaving him in this awkward situation when they were just talking about him having a makeout session with mino. 

He blushes at the thought but tries hard to ignore it as he looks at mino.

"Did I come in a wrong time?" Mino asks concerned about how nervous Jinwoo looked and Jinwoo shook his head immediately. 

"Oh, of course not, you can have a seat." He assured before getting his eyes fixed on the cat. 

"So, how is your day so far?" Mino asks knowing exactly how Jinwoo was thinking about why he brought the cat with him here. 

"Not much, but the customers seem to be increasing, and we also got new cats." "What about you, how did Minsoo receive the gift?" 

Mino chuckles at the wrong name again  but decides to slide it off. "Oh I will actually give it to him today!" He smiles at Jinwoo that oh so bright smile that Jinwoo wished he would see everyday. 

"Good." 

Jinwoo boldly answers before they fall into silence again. Jinwoo doesn't really know what to say in this exact situation. He doesn't knoe If he wants to tell Mino how much he likes him or how he wishes the gift is for him instead, or how he wantes to tell him to stop smiling like that because it was only making things worse. He doesn't realise he was slightly pouting before he heard mino speaking. 

"You're too damn cute." 

That's it. Jinwoo is dead.  

"W-what are you talking about all of a sudden?" He blushes furiously trying to get distracted by anything before finding himself very close to Mino's body because the later was slowly approaching him.

"I'm talking about how unfair you are to me. How you always smile your dazzling smile and how your eyes look so deery and pretty and dreamy and how you're just too adorable when you get embarrassed and blush, just like right now." He laughs at the panicked Jinwoo trying to hide his face into Mino's chest.  

"How are you saying these stuff to me when you're about to go and meet your boyfriend?" Jinwoo starts softly and looks up at Mino who was still having this priceless smile on his face. 

Confused, Jinwoo takes a step back and waits for an answer, still dying at what just happened, but a little mad at the fact that what he said was totally unfair to his boyfriend. 

"I'm with him now, though." Mino shrugs and takes Bei out of his box carefully. 

He starts laughing shortly after seeing Jinwoo looking around the place for his boyfriend.

"Jinwoo relax, no one's even out there." 

The confused look on Jinwoo's face makes it even funnier and amusing to Mino so he decides to end all of it. 

"Happy birthday, Kim Jinwoo." Jinwoo doesn't even comprehend anything happening to him except that he was now holding his favourite cat, Bei in his own arms after receiving a birthday greeting from his own crush. 

Now what the actual . 

"What?" 

"I know I've been acting really weird yesterday, but I really like you kim jinwoo that's why." Mino takes a breath before continuing.

"I've liked you ever since we met. I was really stunned at how a gorgeous man like you is now talking with me, so I just wanted to grab every chance I got to be with you," Mino shuts his eyes for a second before looking nervously at the now stunned Jinwoo. 

"Y-You mean Minwoo doesn't even exist?" Mino chuckles and wipes off the single tear that fell on Jinwoo's cheeks, without him even knowing of it. 

"You're getting the name correct now huh? Anyway yes, Jinwoo, he doesn't really exist only because his name is Jinwoo, not Minwoo, not Minsoo. Just Kim Jinwoo." 

Jinwoo doesn't even realise what's happening before his pulls Mino into a tight hug, making whiny sounds into Mino's chest, only making the later laugh at his cuteness. 

"You idiot, you know I've liked you ever since we started hanging out too," he mumbled, still trying to hide his face that's about to explode before they get interrupted by a groan and realise they've been crushing the cat between them. 

They both laugh and Mino leans closer to press a kiss into Jinwoo's lips, making them both fly to heaven, not wanting to ever get back. It was short, sweet, and perfectly matching for each other. 

"God, you're so beautiful." Mino states after pulling back from the kiss on to start planting small pecks on his lips again, with Jinwoo reaching to caress his hair from behind. "So so beautiful." 

"Stop it, Mr charming." They both laugh before Jinwoo snaps out of it and rushes out of the room quickly.

Mino frowns and thinks if he did something wrong, just when he decides to go out, he finds himself being greeted with a beaming Jinwoo with the honey eyed cat on his arms. 

"Hey, you're not the only one with a gift  here. Here you go, it's all yours now." 

Mino gasps his eyes at him and immediately takes the cat to hug it. "Oh my god, you're amazing." Jinwoo smiles at how happy Mino looked and started making Bei and the other cat play with each other making Mino laugh at the cute scene. 

"This almost looks like a married couple holding their newborns you know." Mino and Jinwoo snap out of their own world when they look at Jaewon standing at the door with a suggestive look on his face making them both blush even more if that's possible. 

"I'll leave you two lovebirds, I just wanted to see if the makeout started yet but I guess I missed it." 

Jinwoo curses his friend before turning back to Mino staring at him making him start whining again at how embarrassed this makes him. 

"So, what are you going to name the cat?" Jinwoo tries to change the topic and Mino beams at him. 

"I've been thinking of Jhonny! I know it sounds weird for a female cat but I guess I really like it." Mino says excitingly and Jinwoo can't hekp but smile at how cute he sounded right now. 

"Jhonny it is." He answers before pulling Mino into one last kiss before going out to meet Jaewon eavesdropping and falling on the ground, making him and Mino laugh at how silly his friend is. 

 

 

 

 

Me? Writing songkim being gross? Who am I.  Anyway! This au has been creeping on me since this morning so I wrote it and I know its really rushed but i hope you guys tell me what you think in the comments!! ♡