Finale

By My Side

One night, Sana was in deep sleep, until she realised that her wife was not on the bed, sleeping beside her. She looked around the dark room, and caught a sight of Tzuyu working at her desk at a small corner of their bedroom. Sana threw her blanket off and walked towards the latter.

“Why aren’t you sleeping yet?” Slipping her hands on top of Tzuyu’s shoulder, Sana leaned down and put her chin on top of the tall girl’s head. Tzuyu quickly stop typing on her laptop and faced Sana.

“Sorry, there’s need some paperwork to be settle. Why are you awake?” Tzuyu asked. Sana leisurely made herself sat on Tzuyu’s lap while the younger girl had her hands wrapped around her waist.

“I was sleeping but I noticed you weren’t beside me.” She pouted. Tzuyu found it cute despite the darkness in the room. The only light source is by her small lamp placed on her desk for her to work. Upon reaching for the older girl’s nape, Tzuyu gave a peck on her pouty lips.

“Sorry, dear. I have an early meeting tomorrow with the Swiss Co.’s manager so I have to be prepare.” Tzuyu said. Her thumb was caressing the latter’s soft cheek.

“You are literally the big boss. I mean, you have plenty of workers but why are you doing the all the jobs? You can ask them to do it if you want.” Sana commented. Well, she’s really hate the thought of Tzuyu over-working herself when in fact, she’s literally owns the company.

“I know but the manager comes all the way from Switzerland. I don’t want any mistake in our presentation. After all, if we got the tender, we can scare all the competitors and links the relationship between countries to make our company known globally.” Tzuyu replied. She understands that Sana was upset, but she can’t do anything.

Being the Director of Chou Corp. at such young age is not easy. She still had her father as the president to supervise her all the time, and she didn’t want to disappoint the old man. The company has been standing for 30 years, so literally Chou Corp is a big company and a difficult rival. Though the headquarters landed in Taiwan, where her father was, Tzuyu was given a responsibility to take care of their branch in Korea.

“I understand. But why tomorrow? Tomorrow is Saturday. You should be at home with me.” Sana said. She had a point. Tzuyu let a small life and caressed Sana’s hair.

“Dear, the only date that we can meet only tomorrow. She need to return to Swiss after the meeting.” Tzuyu answered. “Why? You have plan for us?”

Sana nodded in despair. To be honest, the Japanese had been thinking to go on a date with her beloved wife and had a long list of what they would be doing tomorrow. It is disappointing to know that Tzuyu won’t be able to join.

Actually, this is not the first time. A week ago, Sana asked for a dinner with Tzuyu, only to be disappointed because the latter had a business trip for three days in Incheon. Tzuyu promised to take her out one day, and Sana thought it would be this week, but fate has its own plan.

“Don’t worry, dear. I will clear all my schedule for Sunday. We can go on a date.” Tzuyu said, trying to cheer her wife. It seems like it was working because Sana’s eyes were beamed with happiness.

“Promise?” Sana stuck out her pinky fingers.

Tzuyu giggled at the childish act.

“Promise.” Tzuyu leaned in to kiss Sana on the lips.

But the promise was nothing. That evening, Sana was already wearing a beautiful dress to go on a dinner date with Tzuyu. The tall girl was in awe at the sight of her beautiful wife, and kissed the girl, almost ruining Sana’s lipstick. Sana pushed the girl to break the kiss, before it getting heat. Tzuyu led her to the car and drove towards the restaurant.

But in the middle of the drive, Tzuyu received a call from her secretary. Frown was written all over her face as she pulled her car off at the side of the road and get out from the car. Sana watched from inside the car and having a bad feeling about this. Tzuyu seemed to scold her secretary. Her face was red and her eyes were filled with anger.

Tzuyu ended the call and entered the car again. She inhaled deeply and her face softened as she glanced at the sight of her wife’s worried face.

“Everything’s alright?” Sana asked.

Tzuyu heaved a sigh. “No.” She rubbed her face to calm herself down. “A problem occurred in one of our branches in Busan and…”

Sana stiffened.

“I have to go and take a look.”

Sana bit her lips. “When?”

“Right now.” Tzuyu answered in guilt. “Maybe I have to stay at least three days.”

Sana nodded in understanding, but Tzuyu could see that the older girl was upset. She reached for her hand, caressed it slowly but only to be pulled by Sana herself, avoiding any contact with her. She was looking out of the window and sighed,

“Drive us home.”

Upon arriving, Sana quickly left the car even before Tzuyu could turn off the engines. Tzuyu wanted to catch the girl but Sana already bursted in the house towards their bedroom. Tzuyu entered the room with no sight of Sana. She was thinking that maybe Sana is in the bathroom. When she getting nearer at the said place, she heard a fainted sound of Sana’s sobs. Guilty was rushed along her veins.

Taking a deep breath, Tzuyu knocked on the door while calling Sana’s name lovingly. “Sana-yah.” The sobs stopped. “I’m sorry. Open this door please.” Tzuyu pleaded.

“No. You go packing your needs. I will be here.” Sana answered from inside. The words broke Tzuyu’s heart. But she knew that Sana hurts more. Tzuyu gave up on talking to Sana and went to pack her clothes for three days.

As she was busy packing, she didn’t notice that Sana had break down her wall and came out from her small hideout. Sana stared as Tzuyu taking her clothes out from their walk-in wardrobe and arranged it in her luggage. Sana felt guilty for turning against Tzuyu. She just disappointed upon the cancellation of their date, and also for Tzuyu’s job.

Sana wiped her tears and walked silently behind Tzuyu. Upon reaching behind the tall girl, Sana s her hands around Tzuyu’s waist and pulled the latter closer. Tzuyu heard Sana’s voice muffled with her shirt but still clear to her ears.

“Mianhae,” Sana said and tears welled up in her eyes again. “I just being childish.” And again, Sana is such a softie, like what Tzuyu had called her. She can’t be mad that long. Tzuyu turned around to face Sana and engulfed the girl in her warm embrace.

“I understand. I’m sorry that we had to cancel our date tonight.” Tzuyu glanced at her watch. It shows 8.10 pm. “In return, I already called a pizza delivery earlier so you can have your dinner.” Tzuyu said.

“How about you?”

Tzuyu smiled. “I’m full after watching you.” And she let a playful grin. Sana hit her chest.

“I’m not kidding. What are you going to eat?”

“I need to go, dear. I will eat on my way. Don’t worry.” Tzuyu landed a kiss on Sana’s forehead. Sana nodded and hugged Tzuyu again.

“I’m gonna miss you.” She said.

“Me too. I hate being apart from you.” Tzuyu replied.

“Make sure to come back safe and sound.”

“It’s just Busan, dear. I’m not going far away and I’m not joining a military combat.” Tzuyu chuckled. “You need to take care of yourself.” A peck on her lips. “I will be back.”

“I will wait for you here.”

And so, Tzuyu left for Busan. Three days without Tzuyu were miserable for Sana. She often skipping her meal and make her look thinner than before. Tzuyu sometimes scolded her for skipping meal when they having a video call, for the tall girl to notice her cheek bone was showing.

“I hate a bone-y you. I want a squishy Sana when I return.” Said Tzuyu in one of their video call.

“Okay, I will eat later.”

“Not later but after we end this call. Arasso?”

“Arasso. Take care.”

Tzuyu is one of a sweet girl. She’s one of a kind. She said that she at being romantic. She can’t afford to make Sana to walk only on flowery path, but Sana disagree to that. For her, Tzuyu already made her walking on the cloud. (That’s absurd.)

On the last day of Tzuyu’s stay in Busan, Sana prepared a dinner for the latter. She cooked many foods, and all of it were Tzuyu’s favourite. (With a little help from a kind neighbour named Mina who lives with her wife, Momo, who happen to be Tzuyu’s senior in university.) Tzuyu had said that she will be arriving around dinner. While Sana was preparing the foods on the table, she received a call from Tzuyu. She answered it, a little too cheery. Tzuyu felt guilty.

“Chewy-ah!”

“Oh, Sana-yah.”

Sana frowned at the tone that Tzuyu was using. She sounds troubled, and guilty.

“Where are you?”

“Erm… I’m still at Busan.”

Sana stiffened. No, not again.

“Everything’s alright?”

She heard a sigh coming from Tzuyu over the line. “No, Sana.” “The problem is bigger than we thought and I… I have to stay for two more days.”

Silence.

Sana cleared and replied, “It is okay, Tzuyu-ah!” She tried to make it sound as cheery as possible. “I’m fine.”

No, it was not fine. Sana was lying and Tzuyu felt guilty, because Sana’s pronouncing her name well was rare.

“Sorry, dear. You didn’t prepare anything, right?”

Sana looked at the foods on the table. Yes.

“No, Tzuyu. No.” Sana replied after silence. “I’m not preparing anything.”

“Okay, then. I will call you later and return in two days. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Sana slumped over the table, sobbing softly. She hate that Tzuyu was doing this towards her, but not the girl herself. She hate that she called Mina just for a cooking lesson for Tzuyu, and that the girl not come back. She was thinking to throw the food out, but considered to give it to Mina instead.

“Mina, take this.”

Mina frowned.

“Oh, why? She’s home yet?”

Sana didn’t answer and smiled. “I think I cooked too much. You should have some.”

“Okay.”

Mina returned to her home and Momo saw her wife brought a tupperware with her.

“What’s that, baby?”

“Food. Sana give us this.”

Momo smiled getting wider. “Food?” She ran towards Mina in the kitchen. “It look tasty.”

Mina smiled. She prepared plates and utensils for them. They sat and eat the food together.

“It kinda taste like yours, but with different feelings.” Momo commented as she swallowed the food.

“Of course. I came to her house and taught her this. She said she wanted to cook for Tzuyu as she will be coming home today.” Mina said. “But I didn’t see Tzuyu’s car earlier and Sana’s face was sullen.”

“Could it be that Tzuyu isn’t return home yet and no one actually will eat the food?” Momo wondered.

“It seems to be like that. Poor Sana then.”

“Yeah. Should I give a call to Tzuyu? I don’t think Sana would actually tell her that she’s been preparing something for Tzuyu.”

“I think you should. I feel bad for Sana.” Mina said.

Momo heard Mina’s concerned and caressed her silky hair.

“I married to a right girl.” Momo said smilingly and pecked Mina’s lips.

And later that night, Momo did gave a call to Tzuyu and told her everything. Tzuyu already felt bad. She didn’t know that she hurts Sana again. She thought it was okay for the older girl. Being a kind senior Momo is, she gave some tips for Tzuyu.

Since Momo is also a busy person, Mina often upset with her. They literally in the same shoes. So, Momo once took Mina for a vacation (or we should call it honeymoon because mimo is gay, yall). Mina is an easy girl so it wasn’t hard for Momo.

And as a result, Tzuyu asked her secretary to book two tickets for their small honeymoon. (Tzuyu is quietly planning something. Muahaha. Hint for you guys: Gays) Three days plus two in Busan was boring after all. Too many silly mistakes by her under workers, and problems that they can’t settle by themselves. Tzuyu called it stupid. She just made her wife upset because of these.

Tzuyu was being grumpy all the times. Even her secretary was scared by her glare, not to mention her scold. Stupid problems. Stupid workers. Stupid Tzuyu. For hurting her wife.

Two days later, Tzuyu packed her things quickly, as she was ecstatic to leave the city and coming home for Sana. She skipped her lunch with her workers and drove back to Seoul. She didn’t care about the traffic and sped her way to home. Home. Where Sana is waiting for her. Oh, she didn’t even call the latter to inform about her coming back.

She didn’t even care to where she parked her car and left her luggage in the trunk. All she care about was Sana. She ran into the living room, but strangely, the house felt empty. Tzuyu searched for her Sana in the kitchen and their small lounging room, but there’s no sight of the squirrel, I mean, her wife.

She ran upstairs and searched every bedrooms, only for her dismay. She was scared that Sana had left her because she’s been hurting the girl. She looked into the wardrobe, and relieved that Sana’s clothes still there. Just then, she heard the front door being closed and Tzuyu quickly ran down the stairs and pulled Sana into a bone crushing hug.

“Ah, Chewy?” Sana asked worriedly. “Are you okay?”

Tzuyu pulled off from the hug and cup Sana’s cheek and peppered her with kisses. Sana was tickled and laughed out loud. Lastly, when Sana’s stopped, Tzuyu leaned in to kiss Sana on the lips passionately.

“I miss you so much. I’m sorry I made you wait. I’m sorry that I hurt you. I’m sor—“

Sana pecked Tzuyu lips for her to stop rambling.

“I know. I forgive you. Stop saying sorry.” Sana hugged Tzuyu’s body. “I’ve been missing you.”

Tzuyu replied the hug and kissed Sana’s crown. “I miss you too. A lot.” They pulled out from the hug. “And oh, I have something to give you.”

Tzuyu dragged Sana towards their couch and sat beside each other. “Close your eyes and give me your hand.”

Sana did what Tzuyu said. “What is it?”

“A gift from Busan.” Tzuyu lied. Well, not entirely. It was true that she bought that while she’s in Busan. Tzuyu took out two tickets from her back pocket and put it on Sana’s palm. “Open your eyes.” (Lowkey stanning NCT U)

“What is this? Flight ticket?” Sana took a look at the thing in her hand. “You’re going overseas for business again?”

Tears welled in Sana’s eyes and Tzuyu panicked.

“No! Take a look. It have two tickets!” Tzuyu said. “It’s for us! I’m bringing you for a vacation.”

Sana took a better look on the tickets again. It have their names on it. And the destination is…

“Switzerland?”

Tzuyu nodded.

“We’re going together?!”

Tzuyu nodded again. “I took a leave for a week. I will spend my all my time with you. This time, nothing will disturb us. I promise.”

Sana launched herself to hug Tzuyu again. But tighter.

“Thank you, Chewy-ah!”

Tzuyu smiled upon seeing Sana smiling again. All this time, she just make the girl cry. So, she want to make the girl happy this time.

Tzuyu pulled Sana and kissed her passionately. “I love you so much.” She said, as she kissing the girl deeper. She pulled back and leaned her forehead on Sana’s. Both of them were breathing heavily after the heated kiss.

“Did you lock the door?” Tzuyu asked.

“Hmm. Why?”

“Good,”

Tzuyu pushed Sana and caused her to lie on the couch, with Tzuyu hovered on top of her, kissing her neck.

Sorry, I can’t explain further because the house getting hotter and I need air from outside so I walked out. But I swear I heard some weird thing while I leaving the house.

Peace out.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

P/S: My final exam is tomorrow and now I'm here posting story.