When Parallel Lines Meet

Stubborn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

              “How to be yours, Hwang Eunbi?”

 

 

              That is a question that is used to be staying there in her mind, showing up and boggling her everytime her eyes would caught sight of the younger member, their face of the group. For months and probably years, she had thought about making her moves on her. She did, she really did.

 

               Knowing herself – the touchy and sweet part of herself, she knows she can. Sometimes she can’t even  stop herself from touching her. Her holy hands would get a mind of its own when she’s near her. Sometimes, the camera and fans would even caught it. That’s embarrassing, but nah.

 

               The only issue she got is she didn’t know that when it comes to her, she can be those shy and sometimes ‘tongue-tied’ person when confessing. But there comes a time when she would pat herself on the back for a job well done. Well not exactly “well done” since if she says “I love you”, and all those sweet things, she would pretend that it’s just a joke or just a normal expression for her love for the members.

 

 

                If she just express it, she wouldn’t get to chase her. She wouldn’t run for a girl. That is what she thought. But just like her confession, it looks like it’s gonna be different too when it comes to Hwang Eunbi.

 

 

               Because at 20, she didn’t know she’ll found herself running after someone, again.

 

 

 

               But, right now, isn't the first time at all. Because it is probably the second night that she found herself like this. And again, just like that time she didn’t even care to wear a sweater to comfort her sensitive skin from the cold. In fact, she never thought that she’d run again in the night without even caring about the cold. She thought the last one she would do that is the time she ran after SinB weeks ago.

 

 

 

               Ah! But this time, its different.

 

 

 

               Aside from her hair strands being dyed with a different hue and color, she knows that  tonight, there are no wounds for her – physically and emotionally. She knows she’s running with her heart filled with love and hope, and her cheeks, although being adorned with stream of tears, is evident of how wide her smile is.

 

 

 

 

 

               It is amazing how can the cold be nothing but a word.

 

 

 

 

               She doesn’t know how to describe this feeling but she swears, it’s amazing. The cool air kissed her warm skin as her feet touch the ground and her legs does its work. She felt so light that she thought if she skipped and jumped, she could be a meter off the ground. The white glow of the moon felt welcoming, like a close friend she has. Its warmth is accompanied by the light from the scattered stars twinkling in the sky, and probably from the lamp posts that sometimes go on and off, like someone is supposed to be dancing under them.

 

 

 

               She wonders how would it feel like to dance with her “to-be-girlfriend” Hwang Eunbi under those lights?

 

 

 

 

               And, why is she feeling like this anyway?

 

 

 

 

               It must be magic.

 

 

 

 

                No.  It must be love.

 

 

 

 

 

               IT IS LOVE.

 

 

 

 

 

 

               When was the last time she had appreciated the beauty of the perfectly aligned street lights? When was the last time she had looked up and got amazed on how the dark sky looks beautiful with the twinkling stars adorning it?

 

 

 

               And, when was the last time she had construed the cold as warm? Probably on Christmas, or the time when the six of them perform in front of their fans and the crowd. Kind to think of it, is it the times when she has SinB by her side?

 

 

 

               Now that she’s analyzing things. She realized there has been a lot of good things in her life. And with all of those times, she knows this night is one of the best she could ever have. This night, where once again, cold has become nothing but just a mere word. This night, that again, she found herself running after her.

 

 

               Running, for a better tomorrow with her.

 

 

 

               It has been years when she first saw her and fell for her. And probably, it has been two years already when she took the risk and decided to run with her in this journey called life, not caring if it’s on a parallel direction. She knows it would probably hurt because she thought parallel lines can’t meet. She thought if you run parallel with her, yes, you can see her, you can be with her, but your hands can never touch. She knows that and yet she took the risk. For her, no matter what happens, she is worth it. She is worth everything.  And how glad she is that she took that risk – that leap of faith towards her.

 

 

               Because now she found out that parallel lines do meet.

 

 

               They can.

 

 

               They will, eventually.

 

 

 

               She has learned about it in Math. Somewhere in the field of geometric systems other than the Euclidean. There, infinity exist. And, parallel lines may meet at a “point of infinity”. Like the railway tracks she had seen on her way towards her, they converge, and they do meet. We just have to see it in a better view – in a better perspective.

 

 

 

 

               Right now, they just prove that parallel lines may meet at a point of infinity, metaphorically of course. She doesn’t know if when did it start. Is it when they confirmed their feelings for each other or is it when they just felt it. Perhaps, it doesn’t matter when, because all that matters to her now is they are together.

 

 

 

 

 

                “I love you. Be my girlfriend, Yerin-chan.” (Koieru. Watashi no gārufurendo ni naru, Yerin-chan.)

 

 

 

 

                  That’s what the love of her life said.

 

 

 

 

                 Those are the words that made her cry a pure crystal-clear river of happiness.

 

 

 

 

 

               And just a few meters away from where her feet stop, to let her take some breath, she saw the reason why her heart beats – Hwang Eunbi. The younger girl is sitting with the other Eunbi. They are talking heart to heart, Eunbi to Eunbi, under the shades of some of the average-height trees she probably doesn’t know the names of. She stifled a giggle and decided to take her time appreciating the view. Of course, the view is SinB with her iconic way of sitting, with the moonlight illuminating her, successfully highlighting all of her god-given curves and features.

 

 

 

 

               A few minutes passed and she decided to come closer. She walked towards them, smiling gently in the stillness of the late evening air as she softly let her shoes step over the soft green grass. No matter how beautiful the round full moon looming in the sky above, she could not tear her eyes away from the beauty in front of her. The girl she had always admire effortlessly looks gorgeous than anything existing then. She just sits there, not caring if she just looks like she’s taking her time, basking on the moon’s luminescent glow, letting the moonlight kissed her exposed skin, just as how the Gods blessed it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

=================================================================

 

                Meanwhile…

 

 

 

                  "Hey, am I your friend?" The older Eunbi suddenly said out of nowhere.

 

                    The younger girl with her laughed for a while before answering, "Ya (Hey), what are you saying? Are you out of your mind?” She laughed again with that loud voice of hers. She is moving her head backwards with her body as if she just heard a seriously hilarious joke.

 

                    “Why are you even asking that? You know the answer already."SinB reacts, not taking the matters on a serious way.

 

                      "I'm serious Eunbi-ah. Answer the question."

 

                       SinB grinned, an idea popping up on her head. "Wow, are you talking to yourself unnie?"

 

                       Eunha pursed her lips. "Hwang Eunbi!"

 

                        "Okay okay, calm down unnie." She put her hands in front of her. "Yes, of course, we've been friends since our past lives. I love you unnie."

 

                     "Heol, did you just say ‘I love you’ to me?" Eunha , making some weird expressions before laughing at their craziness.

 

                    "I thought you're serious. Then, why are you laughing? And my expression of love wasn't reciprocated, I'm hurt." SinB said, sulking suddenly like a kid.

 

                   Eunha was about to say something when SinB speaks again. "Yerin-unnie would say those words back to me without hesitation, if I said that to her.”

 

                   “Of course, she will.” Eunha giggled. She can feel the butterflies even if she is not the subject of it. “She will say it even if you haven’t said it to her.”

 

                “Unnie. I didn’t know how our relationship became so better now.” The long haired Eunbi with blonde extensions excitedly said as she plopped herself down on the grass.

 

 

               Eunha heartily laughed at this. “You must be so happy.” She commented, checking her phone of incoming messages.

 

 

                “Of course, unnie! You know how I love her.” She stated, saying the last three words shyly, as she smiled sheepishly.

 

 

               And Eunha couldn’t help herself but to giggle. She knows how SinB doesn’t express her affection that much, especially when it comes to words. The girl is not that vocal when it comes to her feelings. She is almost an epitome of a tsundere– almost. But here she is, just in front of the older Eunbi, saying those words about love. Eunha reached out for the younger girl’s face, and without asking for permission, she pinched the younger’s soft cheeks making her whine.

 

               She softly smiled at her, reminiscing how the girl is when they first met. There’s not much change but she felt proud of her. Like a mother who has watched her child grow up, like a bestfriend who has been with her from the start. Now the younger girl is in love, the same way that the older Eunbi is, though the only difference now is that she is officially in a relationship while the other isn’t.

 

               After some seconds, she stopped. The cutesy smile of Eunha fades and she looked at SinB seriously. “You told me and keeps on telling me that you love her, right?”

 

 

               SinB nodded and hummed a yes.

 

 

               “And your relationship is getting better.” Eunha added.

 

 

               A crease formed between SinB’s brows as she nodded again.

 

 

                “Then, mind telling me, what kind of relationship is that.” Eunha eyed her curiously. “You see, THAT is still not clear to me even though I know that you two have feelings for each other.” Eunha smirked, knowing that what she wants to deliver has been effortlessly received by the younger girl.

 

 

                 “I – I, we are… lovers?” That’s SinB thinking the appropriate word for them now.

 

     

                Eunha hummed and for a moment, she looked up, appreciating the sky above. The Sun has long been gone and the stars has taken their place to rule for hours. Somehow the night sky seems to be giving her signs of better things ahead.

 

 

                She knows there would be better things coming. There are.

 

 

             

 

                 “Why are you asking unnie?”

 

 

 

                 She still wanted to hear answers from the younger girl but it looks like SinB is confused herself.

 

 

                 “Still not official, eh?” Eunha grinned, teasing the younger girl.

 

 

            “I love her so much that I wanted to ask her already. You all heard what I even said to her a while ago. But… you see… I’m scared that perhaps I’m still not mature for it. Or probably… It’s not just the time yet.” She said, mimicking the other girl as she raised her head to look at the stars twinkling at them.

 

              

 

             “Why don’t you just follow your heart?” She softly asked after a moment of silence.

 

 

               SinB hummed while she stands up and tap her phone. “I know. To hell with those things, right? And I just did follow it unnie.” She said. “You’re a witness.” She playfully pointed to Eunha which made Eunha laugh.

 

 

               “Words.” Eunha warned, since there is SinB using those words again. They must be cautious on using some words since that might accidentally be a cause of a problem on their chosen career.

 

 

              “Fine fine.” SinB shrugged. She took an intake of breath before she continued.

 

              “Yeah, I'm thinking that sometimes, the best thing one can do when raining is to let it rain. Just like falling.” She inhaled and looked up. “When you fall in love, sometimes you just have to let it be and just follow where your heart wanted to go. Afterall, just like what you and Sojung-unnie said, “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… It’s about learning to dance in the rain.”

 

 

 

              She taps her phone again after ending her statement with a genuine smile. Her phone glowed since she just unlocked it. It is like her heart, the love grows inside of her as she unlocked it.

 

 

              “Do you think they are done cooking by now?” She checks the time, hinting about the deal she has made with Yerin a while ago.

 

 

 

 

              Eunha didn't answer. She raised her eyebrows and swayed her body a little. She looked behind SinB since she thought she saw someone standing near them. She thought she heard soft steps approaching, and she wasn’t wrong. The corners of her lips slowly rise up as she slowly dragged her gaze towards SinB.

 

 

 

 

              “I guess so.” She playfully responded and moved her head, gesturing for Sinb to look behind her. But that ‘someone’ already took her steps, and SinB got a little late turning her head back. Because in seconds, she already stood behind her.

 

 

 

              She might get late on responding for her or not. Either way, she smiled.

 

 

 

              I guess, I doesn’t need to turn around to know who it is.

 

 

 

              The gentle breeze of the night passed through them, carrying with it that familiar sweet scent of the now blonde girl she has always adore. Somehow, tonight, she felt passionate desire for laughter, happiness and love. It is like the night breeze are whispering sweet scripts to them as Yerin stood behind her, first placing her hands on her hips, then slipping her arms around her waist. SinB couldn’t help but to lean back against her, feeling the warmth radiating from her Yerin’s.

 

 

 

              Eunha coughed for a moment before she excused herself. “I think I should give you two some time alone. I would just go there and ask my baby if its time now for me to get her.” She walked some steps away before she halted and turned around. “Go get yourself a girlfriend younger Eunbi! I’ll get my mine too – she is here!” She shouted before she runs away laughing.

 

 

 

                 "Unnie, are you leaving me alone here?" Sinb asked jokingly, though she knows that it might be awkward for Eunha to stay there with them while they’re doing those ‘romantic things’ – the kind of romantic things that she used to cringed about before.

 

 

                   Eunha just smiled, teasing her, “You two, wait for us, okay? Don’t go forward in your relationship too far. You two are still young.” She smirked, hinting something which makes SinB’s face red.

 

 

                   To lessen the ‘embarrassing yet romantic atmosphere’ brought by what they are doing and the embarrassing touch by Eunha’s remark, Yerin speaks.  "Aren't I someone? I'm here. You're not alone." She tightens her hug around the younger girl. settling her head on the younger's shoulder. “Ah right. Is it because I am not just a 'someone' for you?”

 

 

                  “Ya! (Hey!) That’s too cheesy!” SinB gave a playful push from Yerin’s hug.

 

                  “What did you two talked about?” The older girl asked, letting SinB pull her on the grass to sit beside her.

 

                  Sinb responded, keeping a blush on her cheeks. “It’s private unnie.”

 

                  Yerin heartily laughed. “Come on, I’m just joking.” She looked directly at SinB before smirking devilishly at her. She just thought of something great.

 

                 “You know I won’t force you to do it if you don’t want to. I can wait.” She seriously said, though her smile is hinting that there is something behind the words that come out of her.

 

                 SinB covered her reddish face. “My god unnie! You’re a ert!” She exclaimed.

 

                “Heol. I am not.” The older reacts. “And yes, I am a God. A goddess.” She jokingly responds from the ‘my god unnie’ of the younger girl.

 

                “How full of herself…” SinB retaliates though she’s already screaming inside from the butterflie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter