should i confess?

사랑한다 말할까?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

début

"Ya, Seokjin!" she calls from her backyard, shouting into his. "Your name is too long, I'm going to call you Jin from now on." He peers over the brick walls, answering back, "Then what am I supposed to call you?" After a short silence, the girl responsed cutely, "Chichu!" and Seokjin could hear her loud footsteps as she ran back into her house, hearing the door slam shut. And from then on, Kim Seokjin was known as Jin and Jisoo was, well, known as Chichu - sometimes.

The two teens laugh and giggle drunkenly as they make their way home. With his arm slung around hers and her head leaning against his chest, the pair mumble incoherent nonsense as they stumble along the streets. They had snuck out to go to a party at a friend's house and soon enough, the pair were drunk and decided it was high time to get home before either of their parents found out.

"Hello, everybody." the brunette boy slurs as he lumbers on the concrete pavement. "Let me tell you a secret." he says as he dabs the tip of Jisoo's nose. She smiles as she retailiates, doing the same to him. Their hands intertwine unknowingly as they continue to walk along the dimly lit streets."What?" He smirks his best friend before he shouts into the empty streets. "Kim Jisoo has never kissed a boy!" 

Slipping out of her grasp, he runs manically around the streets while Jisoo chases after him. He slows down so she can catch up with him and she pounces on to his back, hitting him as he adjusts himself to carry her. "I so have kissed a boy Kim Seokjin." she proclaims as she lays her head on his shoulder. She snuggles her head onto his broad shoulder and it makes her feel at ease and safe in the dark and dangerous night.

He scoffs and it results in him getting hit on the head. "Ouch!" he exclaims and he already knows that Jisoo is smiling with glee. "Even if I haven't," she climbs off of him and runs in front of him, stopping him from walking any further. "You have yet to kiss a girl too, Jinnie boy." she taunts as she leans in to his face. They were centimetres apart as Jin stared into the eyes of his best friend. They were dark, and looked like an endless blackhole, it seemed scary but to Jin, her eyes were always inviting and warm. They reek of alchohol and he can feel the heat of her ragged breaths.

Their close proximity was driving him wild, he always loved his best friend and he was doing everything in his half alcholic state to not kiss her. He didn't want to destroy their lifelong friendship just becuase of his seemingly one-sided love. Everything about her always amazed him, she was beautiful, inside and out. Even drunk, Kim Jisoo looked like a goddess to Jin.

Her legs give away and she falls, squating on the floor, destroying the moment. Jin immediately follows her to the ground, helping to hold her up. He stares at the girl with concern in his eyes as she gives a small laugh. "You're cute." she comments, messing up his hair and patting his head affectionately. Taking her hand from his head softly, Jin repiles, "You're drunk." This earns him a sudden peck on the cheek from Jisoo, it doesn't surprise him though, she's been doing this since they were young. What does surprise him, is what she does next.

Jisoo grabs onto her best friend's face and plants her lips on to his, kissing him. She begins to on his lips and Jin is in shock. He's been dreaming about kissing Jisoo but this, this wasn't something he had ever expected. Her lips were softer than he imagined and he never knew how much he's wanted this until now. He manages to kiss her back after a moment of shock and his arms pull her closer to him so that her body is closer to his. Neither of them knew what they were actually doing, but Jin was glad that his first kiss was Jisoo. His hand slide up her jaw, bringing her closer to him as they continued kissing. Their kiss was sloppy, with their tongues everywhere and their lips just a mish mash altogether. But Jin relished every moment of it.

Pulling away, she looks at him with a goofy look on her face before the alcohol knocks her out and her head rests on his shoulder. Sighing, he lifts the raven-haired girl back up and carries her home. Leave it to Kim Jisoo to fall asleep right after her first kiss. 

Sadly, she didn't remember it either.

"So, how do I look?" the six year old says as she jumps out of her closet. Donned in a pink tutu and princess tiara on her head, Jisoo smiles cheekily as she twirls around for her best friend. At seven years old, Jin swears she's the prettiest girl in the whole wide world. He doesn't realise he will think that for his whole life. He looks at her wide eyed with his mouth slightly ajar. The princess doesn't notice it though and grabs a flimsy paper crown that was covered in glitter and foam stickers.

"I made this for you," she says as she stands on her tippy toes to place the crown on Jin's head, "You can be the prince and I'll be the princess." Once she was done, she jumps onto her bed and invites Jin to join her. The boy follows and jumps on the bed hard, so hard that you could hear the springs bounce. It causes the little girl to fall back on the bed, laughing.

"You're my best friend in the entire world!" giving him a peck on his cheeks. And at that age, that sentence made the boy smile from ear to ear, but somehow as he grew older, he was no longer as fond of that sentence.

"Jin!" shouted a male voice. Turning around, he noticed Jinyoung running towards him. They often played basketball together during lunch breaks and became fast friends. "What's up?" he said as Jinyoung slung his arm around Jin's shoulder, now walking out the school together. "You and Jisoo are best friends, right?" he questioned.

That's what they were, as of now. Jin didn't like the idea of being just friends with Jisoo, but was too cowardly to admit that he wanted to be more than friends with Kim Jisoo. "I mean, I wouldn't say-" Jin started but was soon cut off by the excited Jinyoung. "Great, do you think you can tell me what she likes? I want to go on a date with her."

Apalled at the request, Jin had already said no before his mind had decided on anything. Jinyoung and Jisoo? No way. Not when Jin is around. Sure, they would look great together and honestly their personailties would mix well. But not when Jin is head over heels for his best friend. There was no way. 

"Why?" Jinyoung asked, his eyebrows now knitted in confusion.

"Just because. I mean you're not Jisoo's type, so I wouldn't waste your time." Jin explained. Seeing that Jinyoung was not satisfied with the answer, he quickly added, "Jisoo already has someone she likes and she told me that she doesn't really fancy you." Secretly happy at Jinyoung's deflated expression, Jin patted his back offering a insincere apology.

The sky rumbled and it began to pour and unluckily, Jisoo was without an umbrella and the bus stop was a good kilometre away. Using her hand as a cover, she ran in the storm, ultimately becoming drenched once she could reach her shelter. Looking at her now completely wet clothes, she huffed as she wrapped her cardigan around her tightly. She sat down slipping on her earphones as she watch her bus home drive by. She was waiting for Jin to go home together with her. They all had just finished their study session but Jin was held back by the teacher for extra consultation, so she decided to just wait at the bu stop for him. She kicked her legs as she hummed along to the music from her earphones, patiently waiting to go home with her best friend. The sky was already dark and the cold draft with the never ending rain caused goosebumps to rise on Jisoo skin as she sat alone, often looking at the direction of the school to see if Jin was coming.

But he never did. 

Jisoo waited till she fell asleep, her head often bumping back and forth. At the sound of a loud horn, she got shaken awake and checked the time on her watch. It had been an hour already and Jin ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter